Chronicles of Eternia
Entering a City as an Enemy - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Entering a City as an Enemy (/thread-2851.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - GrayHood - 05-14-2020

My build is... non-combatant.

I am allowed into enemy city (and was allowed to enter Moonfall before demonic invasion) because I simply approached and asked: "Hello Gen. Teraphim/Gen. Drakanite! I am a humble boy, I am not going to cause troubles. I am here for shopping, may I come in?" And they usually allow you to come in!

Unless you killed/injured someone, or displayed ill intent against that faction before

It happens because that Teraphim or Drakanite has nothing against you personally. Of course this "immunity" will fall if you try to do something meaningful there (such as engaging in extended discussion, or fighting (even training fight))

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - Chance - 05-14-2020

jovan novak was immortal and impervious to harm so it wasn't like he had anything to worry about anyway

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - Prestige - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 06:34 PM)GrayHood Wrote: (even training fight))

#letjovansparinpeace

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - Vriska - 05-14-2020

no

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - Esmeraude - 05-14-2020

(05-14-2020, 06:31 PM)chance Wrote: "Being deep in enemy territory (without a valid reason) means you may be subject to fight a 1v2 instead of a series of 1v1s, unless there's someone present who's comfortable in handling you. This isn't always the case if the IC has been built up and grounded well, but moreso applies to people just 'strolling in' to enemy territory. Additionally, there is no limit to the number of interventions allowed on a capture if deep within an enemy city."

edited a bit

During times of war, I think this should be less lax too.
People should be punished harder when strolling in during these times and being an enemy.
Even if you have a good IC reason and purpose, that risk is present and they are taking it...
But that in my opinion only makes it more meaningful and tense, when trying to traverse a city.

(It also gives people more reason to weasel around the edge, and not just run through the middle. And I like the idea of random encounters inside cities, which also feel like they are more meaningful than those that just walk in like idiots and idle around.)

That's my opinion/view on it though...

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - GrayHood - 05-14-2020

I am acting like this on my current hippie character. A pretty smile and good manners breaks the toughest defence lines, they say

Also:

Quote:Theria has majestic reed bowls,
Larger than pumpkin in size,
Cheapest pork in Myllenoris you get
But in Osrona you drink, 
there you drink,
Ale and Vodka and Beer

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - Hated - 05-14-2020

[Image: FsGAynP.gif]
now what is a good ic excuse to be there in a case you would still have to fight?

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - Mali - 05-14-2020

aren't u banned, sis..

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - Connor - 05-14-2020

how will it be decided who fights? two people nominated (so long as they have been actively involved in the scene) and if people can’t decide then the two highest pursue rolls?

RE: Entering a City as an Enemy - ry0un0suke - 05-14-2020

you just look silly doing that sorry... walking into literal enemy territory whistling like it's cute...................
currently there feels to be zero consequences for talking a little crazy and acting even crazier.
zzzzzzz