Chronicles of Eternia
Tristrian DM - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: In-Game (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Dungeon Master (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Tristrian DM (/thread-19292.html)

Tristrian DM - Tristam - 10-07-2024

[Image: 7SdXbt6.png]

"Are you looking for quests and bounties, young adventurers? Then you have reached the right guild intendant."
"The Land of Amier is home to epic tales and tragedies where nations, villains and heroes rise and fall to the point the very world shakes."
"And while all eyes are set upon them, there are many lesser conspicuous issues to take care of. I am sure you will be able to handle them."

Welcome to Tristrian DM board !

Event Preferences: Small quests and bounties tailoired for novice parties. Monster hunting ! Dungeons dwelving !
Other Notes:
My events are mainly adressed towards new players and low RPL characters. Specially between 180-210 RPL. They are good to get a glimpse of how events work in Eternia, and an easy way to be introduced to the different rewards it can provide.

My events also have some gimmicks, to give a tabletop RPG feeling in the event ! It will be explained below.

Are you currently running events, and if so, are you considering player requested events?: I am working first on getting some practice with some small bounties and quick events to get used to the DM'ing tools. Once more comfortable, I can take some event requests.

Discord # contact: tristrian

List of gimmicks you may encounter !
  • Each party member will have a character stat list for different rolls. You will have 12 points, to distribute on 4 stats (minimum 0, max 6):
    • - Body : Represents physical prowess, both in strength, agility and vitality.
    • - Senses : Represents the efficiency of all senses, physical and magical.
    • - Mind : Represents the intellectual prowess, wisdom, and mental fortitude.
    • - Spirit : Represents the willpower and charisma of the self. Is also related to emotional, spiritual and otherworldly potency.
    • Each stats provides a bonus to a roll to success against a check.
    • Other conditions can also provide or remove bonuses, like the choice of magics, professions, occupations, etc.
  • The content of your inventory will be accounted ! That means, food, medecine, and other items may be important to bring !

RE: Tristrian DM - Heimdalic_Dreams - 10-08-2024

Character: Gavril Koz
Which Event: Carrion pests extermination

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Absolutely - They were excellent with their writing speed.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles had some hikkups, but once we got a handle on everything, it was VERY balanced; either they won, or we won. In the end, everyone fell at least once, and it was a good time.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): This was my favorite part! The content for the actual event, the character sheets provided, was amazingly clever. Though the story itself was basic, it was done in a manner that was enjoyable for anyone playing.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) As fair as it gets, really - Nothing negative to say, and considering the rewards, the massive temp was fine. It'll be hurting for a while, but no one left complaining more than anyone else would.

Overall: A great story! One can tell this was their first event, and though it lasted far longer than it might should have, it did not feel like it was dragging. I'd love to be in an event with them again!

Any other comments:

RE: Tristrian DM - heartkreuz - 10-08-2024

Character: Invictus Tenebris
Which Event: Carrion pests extermination

Responsiveness: They were active the whole event, solving any doubts in looc and the narrations were made in reasonable time and with quality.

Balance: The balance was good, especially if we consider it's Tristian's first time as a DM, the fight was fun and the two melee users were given a spell called taunt to easen their existance.

Storytelling: This was the jewel of the crown, whereas the story was quite basic, the options presented to the 5man party were incredible, supported with a character sheet, the amount of options we had made the experience really rich and enjoyable, not only that, the fact the items in our bag were taken into consideration just made the experience way more realistic (i just had a copper hoe, by fortune I maxed body stat so i wasnt nerf by hunger/thirst, up until my ass decided to eat a stinnox and missed the DC of 10 by 1 point Cry) we had a lot of fun.

Fairness: It was really fair, the risk over rewards was excellent and the item descriptions were good.

Overall: Great!! We had so much fun, the event was supposed to last 2 hours but we ended up 5 hours in there and guess what, It felt really fast due to the enjoyment of the event.

Any other comments: I can't wait to participate on more events from this DM, they are really fun.

RE: Tristrian DM - 9mmortal - 10-09-2024

Character: Mors Valrose-Tenebris
Which Event: Carrion pests extermination

Responsiveness: They were active with great response time.

Balance: The balance was pretty good nothing to complain about.

Storytelling: Story-telling was fun with lots of opportunities for different characters to shine. 

Fairness: Pretty fair.

Overall: Thumbs up from me
Any other comments: N/A