Chronicles of Eternia
The Reason Behind Change - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: In-Game (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Biographies (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Reason Behind Change (/thread-19402.html)

The Reason Behind Change - Didos - 10-21-2024

[Image: l4nec3lw3b4.jpg]
The reason I am alive is because fate wanted it that way.
The reason I am here is because witches wanted it that way.
The reason I did what I did was because I wanted it that way.

For almost more than a century I have been alive, passing through the decades like the blink of an eye. Across time, I have done much since my arrival in Abendrot, where I evolved alongside many of my kind, although among them I was one of the few remaining, in a way.

And all because I was able to pull a few strings of fate, to make a horde of lost demons come together into a terrible legion of the Fel. To collect the pieces of a puzzle, and formulate a greater image of Change for the world. After all, if it weren't for us, the world would still be stuck where it was back then, and we wouldn't have had the emerging heroes who ultimately brought about the change to this world, and the lives of many.

In the end, I was the cause of the creation of the horde that plagued the land. Of the prevalence of demonic creatures and cults of Hel, that should have been destroyed long ago. As well as the reason creatures such as Xarxes and Na'ria existed upon this world.

But primarily, to have brought an Empire to an end, through the Ragnarok, a war of my and my brothers' making. Something that culminated in my end, but as some things in this life, it was necessary. For I have learned through the years that in order to achieve change, great and endless sacrifices are necessary. And so.

I have lived. 
I have changed.
I have died. 
I have been reborn.  
I have watched.
I have contemplated.

For years, decades.. And now, I am on the verge of a conclusion to it all, having played my part in the grand scheme of things, I have found a reason for this destructive existence of my species. And now, I will seek to see beyond it. To see the changes beyond those caused by my hands and those around me.

From the greatest, to the smallest possible, those in the midst of creation between the planes.. Far from everything, and everyone. Crossing the veil and looking at this world one last time, before a journey of uncertainty, much similar to the one I had when I emerged into this world.

And the reason for it is.. because I've done what I had to during my time here. My role was fulfilled, the mantle of Lord of Change is one that no longer suits me, for that I will let another take it, or let the Era of Change come to a conclusion at long last.

The Lord of Change, Sak'noth, traverse the planes.
Into the unknown.
His history in here is over, and those who were part of it will be remembered forever.
Yet if his will be known, one is not certain. 
Perhaps some things are better forgotten over the ages.