Chronicles of Eternia
Overwhelming Difference - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Overwhelming Difference (/thread-2792.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Overwhelming Difference - Unicorns - 05-08-2020

So this has been talked a lot about in-game and out of game by a lot of players, and debated a lot. I play a level 204 melee, however, a mage who 170-180 completely 2-0 myself. Especially with the recent nerf to melee's bleed from 1 to 0.5, it wasn't really that bad. Although, considering how powerful mages are now in game, has raised the bar for all melee classes to try and compete with them at full build. As a melee player struggles to reach over 300 MD, a mage can reach and surpass it without the help of any hidden ability at all. This is a real issue in terms of trying to keep the game balanced, because eventually no one will want to touch melees, if the bar continues to rise.

I'm sure people will agree or disagree, it'll be debated, however after witnessing it first hand, I believe it needs some serious considering. Early Spires, melees were sort of on top, and now early Eternia 3 mages are now ruling over everything. If some kind of changes can occur quickly as possible, to achieve a form of balance, I'm sure every melee player would agree, it'd be a big help.

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Prestige - 05-08-2020

melee bleed damage wasn't touched, blood's bleed was.

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Hunts Alone - 05-08-2020

Sounds like a personal issue to me. If a mage is beating you at that RPL difference then they just out-verbed you, or they counter your build with beams etc. I don't think the difference between melee and mage is so big as you think.

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Trenton - 05-08-2020

i've fought someone who went armed instead of intermediate spells but we had the same trees (riptide blood) and they have thoroughly stomped me every step of the way

because melee does triple the damage of my magic

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Sanguine415 - 05-08-2020

There is a fair possibility you just fought someone better at verb than you, it happens to the best of us.

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Milly - 05-08-2020

that's unfortunate.

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Iceshadow - 05-08-2020

(05-08-2020, 09:03 PM)Unicorns Wrote: As a melee player struggles to reach over 300 MD, a mage can reach and surpass it without the help of any hidden ability at all. This is a real issue in terms of trying to keep the game balanced, because eventually no one will want to touch melees, if the bar continues to rise.
[Image: Bq02dqN.jpg?1]

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Myradin - 05-08-2020

Sorry.

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Kazuki - 05-08-2020

As a melee. I can't relate

:agony:

RE: Overwhelming Difference - Jess - 05-08-2020

Overwhelming, almost like spacebar + fatal to tp across the screen..