Suggestions
I'm not sure where the perception that mob grinding is new comes from; resources are always going to be needed and grinding out mobs is a necessary way to get those resources. I remember seeing stockpiles of thousands of resources in E3 for alchemists, and I say this as someone who made a dedicated alchemist character who did nothing but farm and brew.

The idea that mob farming is a product of the new exp system is really silly and needs to be dropped. Resources are a necessary part of the game. I remember farming for creating hundreds of perms on E3, people still need to do so now. The only difference is sometimes a check will pop as you farm now, s opposed to people spamming white text randomly during mob farming.
I'd like to suggest some.. less grimy alternatives for Necromancers to gain Undeath without having to kill a player and harvest their corpse.
The issue seems to be that people are losing characters to death instead of what could've been a more creative alternative due to the fact that a Necromancer essentially has to kill the person to receive their mechanical boons. It is the way of the world, but perhaps in some cases maybe we can introduce more creative alternatives that could be utilized to gain Undeath without dampening other player's motivations too much.

Perhaps a ritual of sorts which could be incited that gives less essence than harvesting a corpse, but more than a measly one (1) from rolling a grievous injury. I'd be open to discussing several alternative options if this is something that may be taken into consideration. I'm all for a good killing, but for the sake of keeping people around/motivated I think it'd be beneficial to the general atmosphere to discuss less grimy mechanical options so that everyone can enjoy a little antagonism.
there r other ways to gain undeath

undeath is not meant to be easy to gain compared to other resources
(08-16-2022, 05:23 PM)voyd Wrote: I'd like to suggest some.. less grimy alternatives for Necromancers to gain Undeath without having to kill a player and harvest their corpse.
The issue seems to be that people are losing characters to death instead of what could've been a more creative alternative due to the fact that a Necromancer essentially has to kill the person to receive their mechanical boons. It is the way of the world, but perhaps in some cases maybe we can introduce more creative alternatives that could be utilized to gain Undeath without dampening other player's motivations too much.

Perhaps a ritual of sorts which could be incited that gives less essence than harvesting a corpse, but more than a measly one (1) from rolling a grievous injury. I'd be open to discussing several alternative options if this is something that may be taken into consideration. I'm all for a good killing, but for the sake of keeping people around/motivated I think it'd be beneficial to the general environment to discuss less grimy mechanical options so that everyone can have fun.
This also applies to other things where a player has to die such as the Greathive exoskeleton. I know that the Greathive have to be a threat and they have to be encouraged to be a threat, but is forcing them to kill or have a permanent health nerf really the best way to go about it?

This is especially given there's, what, ten hivers which are active in combat? And each kill only gets three fruits, so even if you kill three people you're not even going to feed the entire hive.
(08-16-2022, 05:27 PM)Oyster. Wrote: there r other ways to gain undeath

This isn't a suggestion for the sake of making it easier to acquire, but giving alternative options to griming players because you mechanically should.
i am informing u that there r other ways to gain undeath

unlike the greathive who only must kill lmaooo lol

edit:

there are literally . mechanically . ways to gain undeath that aren't killing . if i have sinned, testify to the wrong
(08-16-2022, 05:27 PM)Oyster. Wrote: there r other ways to gain undeath

the issue is that it's not hard to gain, it just makes someone elses' experience objectively worse IMO.
the feeling of dying to be 5 points of dev fuel is literally terrible. i do not think anyone who gets cap killed by a necromancer will feel anything but bitter.
but the system mechanically demands it, especially with how brutal the decay rate for it is and the fact you get a smallish amount for a kill.

i think the idea of a ritual to do one of those -40 vit perms to someone and pull out all their life essence would be a good alternative to get +5.
that way, it encourages a bit of catch and release and doesn't make it so dull.

edit: 2 per undead in dangerous battle, 1 per perm. these are the only other options right? i think 2 per dangerous is very good
1 for perm is like so comically worthless why even keep it in
Undeath is hard to get? That's crazy.

So how about fixing True Counter and Ignite?

[Image: 961773261123911811.png]
[Image: corpoggo.png]
Isn't that why you can harvest Undeath from your minions?
(08-16-2022, 05:34 PM)Folian Wrote: So how about fixing True Counter?

[Image: 961773261123911811.png]
True Counter doesn't need to be dpalm but better, the range limit is FINE
Now perish *harvests you for undeath*
Topic Options