Suggestions
(08-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Enginseer-42 Wrote: Isn't that why you can harvest Undeath from your minions?

You can, and I understand that is an option but as a Necromancer your options are to kill/perm someone. There is no mechanical inclination to do anything but slay and so there is nothing truly standing between a necromancer slaying 5 green names in a row to harvest Undeath. Is it suggested or recommended? No, but it is mechanically incentivized. My concern is that that could easily be amended by providing mechanics for more creative outcomes for captives or others who will otherwise certainly be slain in most situations.

I’m not trying to help myself, i’m trying to help other people from being grimed for +5 dev points. It will be happening probably more than is heathy for the player base.
I think a good way to do it would be to like, if you win.

Temp Nerf on Enemy +2
Permanent Nerf on Enemy +3
Deadly Permanent Nerf on Enemy +5.

But of course, you still need to kill people in order for better things, but it'll still keep people wanting to play rather than be fuel for necromancers (im going to kill you all)
(08-16-2022, 05:49 PM)Mallow Wrote: I think a good way to do it would be to like, if you win.

Temp Nerf on Enemy +2
Permanent Nerf on Enemy +3
Deadly Permanent Nerf on Enemy +5.

But of course, you still need to kill people in order for better things, but it'll still keep people wanting to play rather than be fuel for necromancers (im going to kill you all)

I think they eat well enough from bodies, we've barely done a week of war and bodies are being stacked. You don't even need to grime someone as a necromancer, politics will do it for you. (Though both are encouraged because the grindset never ends).

I think with their undead's mechanic, they'll be fine as is. They can do the dangers for undeath gathering and be proper necromantic batteries.
As someone unfamiliar with the mechanics of necromancy, I think Sanguine is right. Necromancers shouldn't be out, exceptionally visible right now, fighting face-to-face for their resource. Ideally, they should (and probably have already) take advantage of the current bodies piling up as a result of a three-nation war. That promotes a bit more tactful thinking rather than just "guh, fight for resource" and stuff.
(08-16-2022, 05:29 PM)Oyster. Wrote: i am informing u that there r other ways to gain undeath

yeah, once you have a productive skeleton things should pick up (as they gain Undead from battles, which you can then harvest). the more productive minions you have, the greater your undeath production will be

basically: necromancer benefits the most from active servants, as is the general theme. it's a struggle to gain undeath without them

as a Necromancer you want to,
1.) acquire corpses, most probably won't even come from your own kills (deals, bribes, etc)
2.) get a good set of minions / enhance them as you can
(08-16-2022, 05:54 PM)DRAGON Wrote: As someone unfamiliar with the mechanics of necromancy, I think Sanguine is right. Necromancers shouldn't be out, exceptionally visible right now, fighting face-to-face for their resource. Ideally, they should (and probably have already) take advantage of the current bodies piling up as a result of a three-nation war. That promotes a bit more tactful thinking rather than just "guh, fight for resource" and stuff.

Again this isn’t an issue of “I’m not getting Undeath fast enough!” but an issue of “I’m pissing off a lot of people by killing them for their corpse.” (I’m having no issue gaining Undeath.)

I’m not suggesting faster Undeath gains, I’m asking for things to do with my captives besides auto kill them because it’s in my ic and mechanical incentives. Sad
I rather like the difficulty. It stops everyone from scrambling to it.

That said. The first necromancers face far more difficulty. Some way to make reaching your first undead easier would only help as far as I see. Although admittedly, I think admins may be receptive to events that reward miniscule amounts of undeath (no more than 5, and possibly only for new necros with 0) for the purpose of progressing story.

Limited experience though, all the spitballing can probably wait a month or two till things settle. I'm having no issues :)

As for grime concerns, it will always be central to this game. People will kill. Don't get worked up over it.
Formerly Axton
Formerly Ronyx Jelka
Formerly William Suu
Formerly Bobson Dugnutt
Currently trying to be less awful
(08-16-2022, 05:55 PM)chance Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 05:29 PM)Oyster. Wrote: i am informing u that there r other ways to gain undeath

yeah, once you have a productive skeleton things should pick up (as they gain Undead from battles, which you can then harvest). the more productive minions you have, the greater your undeath production will be

basically: necromancer benefits the most from active servants, as is the general theme. it's a struggle to gain undeath without them

So basically amway. Pyramid schemes.
Since a more passive way to acquire Undeath is needed, why not add Decay Areas? Places where there have been wars, conflicts and in general death.. Which necromancers can go to and collect an x amount of undeath.

That's something that would be more than interesting at the moment, considering we're having wars.. Conflicts between the three nations that consecutively will leave a trace of destruction and other stuff behind. Things that can be used by the local necros.

Thus, a passive way to get some undeath for my dear necromancers.
[Image: image.png]
Scout be able to disable people capacity to take crops inside the scout radius. tired of those sneak bastards. (maybe a option to scout not people, but speficialy the tiles of dirt if they trie takes crops and stop them/pursue as reaction.)
...Are we all Fools?...
Topic Options