Construction & Conquest
Construction
[Image: EhUbm3L.png]
An artist's depiction of Aerendale's fountain square. 1668AC

As the years go by, the world of Chronicles changes with the influence of the characters, whether they're banding together to establish a kingdom or to build something within a city, such a guild hall or a business venture. In this guide, the options available to you and the process of construction will be made clear. 
  • The game's map and the editor that is used to change it are a public community project. You'll be expected to provide an updated map with the necessary changes for the addition; you can either do this yourself or have the help of someone assist, such as a map editor that's interested. 
  • If there's unused property in the region, you should take that instead and 'renovate' it to your desires.
  • In the area description entry, this is the text that appears surrounding the property. It should describe the area and its history.
  • There's no real limit to the type of building. It could be underground, or plainly in view. A church, an inn, a gentleman's club, a guild headquarters, etc.
  • Activity is expected. If the place is abandoned or goes largely unused, we reserve the right to 'fade it into the background' where it exists in lore, but does not on the in-game map. Alternatively, we may transfer it to a new group or person based on the IC. This depends on a number of factors and occurs on a case by case basis. We'll discuss this with you in advance of any decision.
Types of Construction
Building: 25,000c
This suits a business establishment or a guild. It should not simply be a living space.

Settlement: 60,000c
A small, fledgling village, freshly constructed! This grants a small number of houses (less than six) and a tower / castle. This is naturally flexible, but it should start at a modest size with the potential to grow over time.

A settlement should have at least ten active characters inhabiting it. 
Example.

Format
Post in this thread with your submission. It will be approved/denied here.

If constructing a building:
Quote:Name of Establishment: (What is the name of this building?

Building Purpose: (What is the purpose of the building?)

Area Description: (More than a few lines, less than a few paragraphs)

Characters Involved: (Who is involved in this?)
Map Progress / Plans: (Is the map already in progress, or do you require assistance? What would you like from the map?)

If constructing a settlement:
Quote:Name of Settlement: (What is the name of the settlement?)
Area Description: (More than a few lines, less than a few paragraphs)
Laws: (Are there any unique laws specific to this settlement? Ignore if not)
Religion: (Does the settlement follow a particular religion? Do they outlaw any religions?)
Characters Involved: (Who is involved in this? At least ten active characters are needed)
Map Progress / Plans: (Is the map already in progress, or do you require assistance? What would you like from the map?)
Name of Establishment: Starfall Tower

Building Purpose: To serve as an outpost between Osrona and Myllenoris, will be manned by both First Light knights and Greycloaks.

Area Description: A newly constructed outpost to bridge the gap between the Kingdoms of Myllenoris and Osrona. Stationed within is a combined force of Greycloaks and Knights, charged with protecting the merchants who use the bridge to pass from one kingdom to the next. Several guards are stationed on each bridge to serve as lookouts for Rhoynish and Therian bandits alike.

Characters Involved: Osrona/Myllenoris leadership.

Map Progress / Plans: It has not been mapped out, but here is the general area of the location we are looking at, as well as the bridges which will close the gap between the two kingdoms. Maybe a tower, as well as a small building to serve as a guard barracks or something.

[Image: unknown.png]
^Approved.
Name of Settlement: Ilburg
Area Description: A small lawless Kingdom located in the deserts of Esshar. It was formerly a bandit encampment stationed around the ruins of Njorun, home to many escaped indentured servants whom sought freedom from Osrona. As it began to grow, the scattered people of Rhoynur created the clan of Ilian, and slowly but surely the congregation of former servants and criminals grew to become a beacon of freedom. But, freedom has it's own share of problems....
Laws: These are lawless lands. Most personal conflicts are handled in proper Rhoynish fashion. Arm wrestling, or violently.
Religion: Njorun The Undying is a primordial primarily worshiped by the Ilian clan. Yet, while worship of Njorun and the ancestral spirits of the Rhoynur is commonplace, some seek guidance and advise from other Old Gods and spirits of divinity.
Characters Involved: We have about 30 active pc's I ain't listing all that.
Map Progress / Plans: I'm pretty happy with the over world map, but I'd like to turn the ruins into a proper castle.

[Image: 76bb8c640a5f0e98ef2d3dd5e61438eb.png]
1-6, new rooms, and a means to get into rooms 1/2/3
I plan on using room two for like, a throne/meeting room, so make it a long boy.

All of the rocks and debris cleaned up.
As for the ladder, I'd like an underground area added. Add a few cave-like rooms people could use for homes and slap down a lot of stalls for like, an underground marketplace. We're severely lacking in stalls atm.

And, last but not least, a spawn point for Ilburg. With the racial options being Human/Beastkin/Rhoynur.
^Approved: 25,000c for an expansion to the fortress, with lots for their increasing population. Lots should cost 500c and have a daily maintenance of 30c. At least six.

A main area for a throne room & a meeting room.

Rock / debris cleaned up and tidied.
Name of Settlement: The Undercity (Name pending adjustment after a community vote)
Area Description
The Undercity is located deep within the caverns attached to Osrona's sewers. Wht was once an abandoned settlement of the Drain Gang is being dug and expanded upon. With a handful of Earth Magi being the primary diggers of this settlement, the goal is to expand the little village into a secretive city. Where every member contributes. And stays in the shadows, away from political wars of topsiders. With a number of alchemists and artificers at the disposal of the Undercity's force of workers, the city will likely appear to be in a constant state of construction. It most definitely will appear to be slum-like at first. And I plan to do multiple expansions as the faction itself expands. Priority is given on building a community greenhouse. So that the Undercity dwellers can grow their own food. As well, priority is given to building a FIGHT PIT, a pit for sport and training to defend the settlement against outsiders and monsters alike.

Laws: You're free to do as you please. Trade amongst one another is more appreciated than coin being used to sell and purchase. Respect one another's personhood. Do not do anything to someone that they do not agree to. Unless they have violated another's personhood or property. 
Religion: The undercity expresses freedom above all. Well not so much a religion as a mantra, you can do anything you want in the Undercity. The only religions barred are ones that include the need for human sacrifice.
Characters Involved: The faction is pretty isolationist and has members in it who do not want to publically disclose their allegiance to the faction. I can invite admins to the group's discord or post a list of members in DMs with chance.
Map Progress / Plans
[Image: 4b20b8d6f2b89cf12ba8695f321b4fca.png]

In image 1, I plan to set up a proper guard post for the Undercity. Maybe a little entry way rework. Turn the latter into an actual cavern. So there is more IC room to go up and down. Also a little hut-like thing to block off the cavern entrance from bad folks.

https://gyazo.com/e8c72a8605895afb98e722e71e7daf1d

In image 2, I plan to expand the village as it is so far. Where the waterfall comes down I want to connect it to a dug-out and revealed underground lake. To be the primary water source. Having it fade from murky waters where the waterfall connects, to something more pure and clean.
I also desire to have enough room for people to kinda wrestle around and stuff. The sewers don't really hve any open space. But a sparring grounds where my folks can practice without having to go topside would be nice. A BATTLE PIT hall.

I also wanted to add a house that acts as a greenhouse with a good bit of farming space.We have several earth magi and 2 of them are nature magi. We also have at least 4 artificers. We could probably build lights that can simulate sunlight... This would be our community greenhouse.

The only other thigns I want besides the BATTLE PIT, the community greenhouse, and just a bit more space to move about would be 2 more exits. 1 that is a ladder leading up to my tavern, The last resort. And another warper-NPC that attaches to the silver-wall mines.
I would map the expansion myself. But IDK where the mapping tools are located.
So the priorities are... Green house. Battle pit. Exit to the Silverwall mines. Exit into the Tavern.

I pln to work on adding more housing in the next wave of expansions.
My discord is Vi#6600
[Image: TSl0Hlu.png]
"
Name of Settlement: Alabastre
Area Description:

Quote:They're lost within the emerald everglades- shrouded by the thick canopies of the forests, and surrounded by various flora and vegetation. Members of Alabastre take pride within the thicket, the presence of the wild often noted within the buildings that do not harm the environment about them, but instead, built around it- focusing upon nature of the realm. Twisting vines and roots take hold within the cobblestone and pathways, making it difficult for those who are not used to traversing such wilds all the more problematic. The natural guise of the forests make it the perfect place for mercenaries and more to dwell within- serving as an ode to what Alabastre was naturally based off of...Not just simple banditry, but something with more purpose as a means to dictate the tides of war with its invisible hand. 

Laws: [No special laws in particular/ Common sense ] The lack of basic intelligence will be punished.
Religion: There is no set religion, however, the presence of occultists and witches are banned.
Characters Involved: (Who is involved in this? At least ten active characters are needed)
  • 1. Mars
  • 2. Tiernay
  • 3. Owyn
  • 4. Urizen Lee
  • 5. Basil
  • 6. Florale
  • 7. Edalaide Reville
  • 8. Anthem Altin
  • 9. Dinante
  • 10. Sirius Astarte
  • 11. Aetreus Reville
  • 12. Calais Orn Octavius
  • 13. Del Mer Joyaus
  • 14. Bernadette Bianchi
  • 15. Abel Caillier
  • 16. Osiris
Map Progress / Plans: (Is the map already in progress, or do you require assistance? What would you like from the map?) I will require assistance! It's been quite some time since I've mapped so, I'll need a bit of help u//u.

Quote:
Current Location: The box pretty much just shows how much wiggle room we have.
[Image: U54y5pZ.png]
^Approved for a small grove village around the church (+4 buildings). 60k.
(04-16-2020, 09:34 PM)Volatile Wrote: ...
oops I didn't see this

a small sewers settlement for the 60k would be fine. I've added you as a map editor
[Image: 92de2b84f149dcce41a9532c79a63e70.png?wid...height=466]

Name of Establishment: Garljing's Reliquary

Building Purpose: A place of worship, a hub for spiritual rp and major dev and plot to take place now and for the foreseeable future, ideally. Big, massive temple, full of riches, things of inarguable value to dragonkind and Theria alike, and maybe even dragon NPCs?

Area Description: A massive cave from the outside, on the inside meticulously carved stonework and statues of gold with glittering gems embed into. Ceilings are carved a hundred feet high, with pillars individually as thick as houses supporting them, and metal support woven like veins into the flesh of the carved mountain itself. Each massive antechamber is seperated by golden-trimmed gate doors fit for capital city walls.

It is unapologetically extravagant.

Characters Involved: Rinn, Yani, Amara, Dun, Alya, and a lot of donations and more people to probably get involved as the effort begins.

Map Progress / Plans: To build upon this building with lots of potential ic threads. To make this a place of utmost significance to Theria. To make it a point of contenting with other settlements as it grows and things develop from it. Other things. Etc. (Neps is handling most of this)

----

[Image: 1-aerial-view-of-factories-during-the-19...ibrary.jpg]

Name of Establishment: The Grand Therian Factory

Building Purpose:
-Serve as the Headquarters of the upcoming Crafters’ society led by Apep.
-A powerful space for crafter development, we are currently working on a big project involving many crafters and this building plays a major role in it.
-Rapid and efficient production of armour and weapons for the NPC armies (fluff, but we understand that these things factor in the faction’s war efforts in a way).

Area Description: A giant mass of land is dedicated to this massive conglomerate of metal and stone. Smoke and sulphur consistently could the skies above it, visible to almost all other factions in Esshar. Assembly lines (nothing too advanced), laboratories, teaching rooms, etc. This Factory is to be a hub for the curious and ambitious alike, and hopefully its grandeur would inspire more creative minds to seek the freedom Theria offers.

Characters Involved: Apep, Alya, Rinn, Magne, Lynette, Cog, Elizabeth Amor, Scarlett Kurokaiyo, Duana Kurokaiyo, Dun Task, Yani, Jamey, Scylla, and every crafter in Theria or abroad that is interested!

Map Progress / Plans: We’ve had Lindah do quite a bit of work already, here are the current results. We have the funds for it already.

[Image: cas.png?width=543&height=466]
[Image: rn.png?width=533&height=466]
[Image: bd.png?width=874&height=466]
Topic Options