Suggestions
(09-17-2022, 09:05 PM)Mouse Wrote: agility should give you bonus pursue, the ability to push your way into enemy's and force them into combat positions

mana should give you bonus flee, the ability to continuously maintain your pace and escape through keeping yourself moving

That doesn't fix it alone, but it provides a buff to mana that isn't going to make the DR stacking invulnerable Xomac Hatsune "impossible to kill" builds come back.

Not a huge fan of this, if only because then virtually no one can ever successfully flee. (Apart from the really cool original mana stacking people.)
Settlement Claims:

35x35 = 1225 Tiles.

Costs 150 thousand.

150,000 / 1225 = 122.4 coins (Per Tile)

- - -

51x51 = 2601 Tiles.

Costs 300 thousand.

300,000 / 2601 = 115.3 coins (Per Tile)

- - -

75x75 = 5625 Tiles.

Costs 1 million.

1,000,000 / 5625 = 177.7 coins (Per Tile)

- - -

As you can see the first two options work on the standard principal where 'bulk buying' gets you more, for less. However the last option in the list is excessively over priced, to the point where you would have to be absolutely desperate for homogeneity to burn away that much cash.

My suggestion?

Lower the cost to 500,000 thousand. 

Right now to acquire the same amount of tiles you would only have to spend 800k in 35x35's, or 640k in 51x51's. There is no incentive to save up a million for almost double the cost. The number chosen for the largest settlement option seems to have been made so large solely to prevent more large settlements. Which seems to be working, I guess.
[Image: dOmPfIR.png]
(09-17-2022, 10:01 PM)Riley Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 09:05 PM)Mouse Wrote: agility should give you bonus pursue, the ability to push your way into enemy's and force them into combat positions

mana should give you bonus flee, the ability to continuously maintain your pace and escape through keeping yourself moving

That doesn't fix it alone, but it provides a buff to mana that isn't going to make the DR stacking invulnerable Xomac Hatsune "impossible to kill" builds come back.

Not a huge fan of this, if only because then virtually no one can ever successfully flee. (Apart from the really cool original mana stacking people.)

Then let them suffer. Make your choice battlecuck and crafterwaifu. Will you go agi to try and combat your enemies?

Or will you go DR so you do not have to fight, but potentially gimp yourself?

The choice is yours.

(obviously both will still apply to flee and pursue, but one giving more to one or the other would at least give small incentive to go mana. as it stands, its hard to make any sort of argument at all for mana over agi.)
[Image: edbae8adc4cdc657c7307971b838ad95.png]

if anyone asks i got banned for sending /messages to people
(09-17-2022, 10:01 PM)Riley Wrote:

Why, then, are agi stackers the only ones who can fight or flee?

It will be more or less like the current agi system in that you are more likely to have higher rolls, but other factors are also considered, and therefore you do not always get the highest roll possible. 

It will also shift the focus a little bit stats-wise, or at least that is what I think Mouse was suggesting. Either way, I don’t see why agi builds are the only ones that essentially able to  successful flee/pursue roll.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: sparklegif.gif]
Interesting debate. I tried stacking Agi. Being 200 with the equivalent stats of a 175RPL was not great.

I'd argue you are gimping yourself by prioritizing Agi at all, outside of some extremely efficient builds the likes of which are beyond my mortal touch. If both added to flee it'd definitely make for more interesting build types.
[Image: dOmPfIR.png]
is melee ever getting some sorta love unironically?
has it being the most consistently dominant tree for 4 years or so not been enough for you
[Image: comm_round_2_11.png]
Not when it is complete ass to play right now, no. Having it be way overtuned isn't desirable either. It's just that even beam mages feel more dominant in melee than melee does.
[Image: RqMw9Wf.png]
(09-18-2022, 04:44 AM)Moloch Wrote: has it being the most consistently dominant tree for 4 years or so not been enough for you

what's wrong with liking doms?
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
Can we get Tidal Wave looked at? I don't think a 17 SD move as an intermed is the right move especially with a 30 second cd.
Topic Options