i guess ludi is dming again
Hey there, im ludi and i ran a few events back when spires was a thing.

Key: Ludicha/Sodaman
Event Preferences: I'm a less battle chad dm. I tend to like making puzzles, exploration, and events that require a lot of thinking to move forward. My events often have self-contained stories, so I appreciate events that seem to lean on more lore-heavy elements. I like boss fights, but mine usually isn't just a normal RPB. For my fights, expect the unconventional and a lot of other aspects that can potentially weight into both the attendees favor or the ECs favor.

One thing I've discovered is that I have a certain affinity to horror-esque themes. Of course, I can do other stuff but I feel that's one thing I should mention I think I can do justice.

Hate big groups, so the most attendees I'll take is 5 (and that's a stretch already) if the event sounds really really cool, but if not the most is prolly 3 or 4. I can do more than five if I have to but DO NOT count on me for that. I prefer not to do solo events unless I really feel inspired by the event itself (and by really, I mean REALLY really).

My events tends to stray from the linear and leave the group to roam and have an open playground. Think of it as a pseudo-open world style event with branching paths and stuff. This style is reserved for groups of 4 total participants and less only; so take note of that if you want that event experience from me. For groups bigger than that, I offer the usual linear event but hopefully equally as entertaining.

Also I can do super late events thanks to my timezone (events that run from 10pm est onwards; we can go till 5am est too if you really like. however usual times like 7pm est work too).

Other notes: im bad at this, so only approach me if all your other options are dead. im sorry in advance.

Quote:Character:
Which Event:

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)

Overall:

Any other comments:
[Image: 6VjQGd5.png]
Character: Jacqueline Grimmore
Which Event: Spooky Season

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very quick to respond! Always informed us when they'd be going somewhere/doing something.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): I liked the Scooby scene despite it having to be cut short. The balance for the final battle was a bit hard to feel out given we're babies with varying RPL.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Regulus Grimmore made an appearance and that was actually pretty cool, not gonna lie. I liked how one of the items gained gives us a springboard for future events, too. It makes really good use of the new book system put in place, too!
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Maybe a bit too fair. If we didn't roll well/have a good process of going about things, though, I'm sure we would've left with a few dents in us.

Overall: 9/10

Any other comments: I hope Ludi-chama will DM again for me in the future. Also, don't be afraid to beat these snot nosed kids up. They (definitely) deserve it.
Character: Lyndis
Which Event: Spooky Manor Event

Responsiveness 10/10
Balance 9/10
Storytelling 10/10
Fairness 9/10

Overall: Ludi made the event very enjoyable and fun for me. It was a blast going through it. I'd have to admit it was probably the most fun event I've had in a while 9/10

Any other comments: I hate you for making me fat. I'll get you back one day you monster >Sad 
Shocked 
Character: Mania
Which Event: The Alchemist's Manor

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 Narrations were posted quite quickly, especially for the number of people attending!
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10 All traps and battles were very well-balanced.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10 The story was very interesting, spooky, and well-explained!
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): 8/10 Most punishments were justified, but I think the forced aging punishment was a bit much.

Overall: 9/10 Really fun event with a spooky atmosphere! 

Any other comments: Pls don't make Mania an old, spiteful woman yet. She has so much disappointment yet to accrue!  Undecided
Character: Nidaz!
Which Event: The Alchemist's Manor

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):  Extremely fast and also with space for character interactions. Besides that, there was an extra affection for narrating solo parts, when the group members separated!

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Considering that this was a CoD, obviously that it was good! The traps had ways of dealing without putting the members of the group in danger (usually sacrificing a poor undead) and the battles were extremely good! Even if only few.. Yes, I'm talking about that Paiting monster-thing.. That was amazing!

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Lud nailed it, knowing exactly what I wanted for this event, even exceeding my expectations! Each moment of this adventure was unique and I love it so much!

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Considering that this was an event with a chance of death, so it could result in the loss of a character, it was fair. Even though some punishments are quite heavy, but in my opinion it was fair for what we seek!

Overall: 20/10

Any other comments: This was probably my favorite event so far, this group was the mistery group! So.. Achyoon-Yoony-Yoo!!
[Image: image.png]
Character: Alistair ven Pelleaux
Which Event: Arc of Light

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):
Not just quick, but extremely detailed and thoughtful responses. At one point the group split up into three for a good hour or so and he was managing them all at a great pace.
The puzzle was both interesting and reasonable with the context, offering plenty of clues if you followed the narrations. Similarly, there was a nice sense of progression to the investigations and a lot of different layers going on. For the boss, I think we could have done with a bigger arena (but that's more of a map issue), maybe friendly fire instead of RPB for more room given the group size, but aside from that the gimmick was thematic and it was a very fun fight.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Yes! 100%! Above and beyond expectations. The detail and imagery was always fantastic.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)
I'd say so.

Overall:
Much like Ludi says in his post, what you can expect is a rich narrative to explore and an unfolding story rather than a more linear approach. After 8 hours or so (of good pacing narrate and RP wise!) we only fought one EC, but that didn't take away from the event at all.  He was also dealing with a large group (7 people). Also, did I mention the event items were really cute, descriptive, and even custom sprited by the DM?

A+!

[Image: dIsGxOh.png]
Character: Malakai
Which Event: Arc Of Light

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Incredibly quick, even though the group branched off at points. Rarely had to wait any length of time for very detailed descriptions. 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10 Well balanced (even if there was only one real fight), with excellent use of supporting ECs to add extra pressure. Somehow got my weave snatched in 0.2 seconds, but that was hardly an issue.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10, great storytelling that slowly built up tension towards the ending. Very atmospheric.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 10/10

Overall: Had an absolute blast, would definitely do it again. 10/10.

Any other comments:
Heart 
Character: Elise Lysti
Which Event: Arc of Light

Wow wow! They were very quick, not only were they quick but they were very well thought out! I enjoyed that I didn't have to wait 45 minutes for a single post, quite nice.
The puzzles were great! My small brain usually doesn't comprehend them, but they were very nice. The traps were pristine, no complaints at all. They made sense in the context and reflected our characters actions. They weren't just like BOOM trap here is the free temp, they shifted upon our rps. VERY NICE.
I was extremely interested in the story telling, he really put in time to make sure everything was well thought out. The Dm took the time to get inspiration and get a feel for the event before hand, very thoughtful. 
It was very fair, I enjoyed not having several perms by the end.

Overall:
Before this event I have only gone to three other ones, and I honestly... hated events. I thought they were all the same as my previous experiences. Man was I proved wrong by ludster. It was charming, involving and felt like a well thought out story. I was extremely glad I was able to even come a long last minute, ya really showed me what a true event should feel like. I didn't even cry once! 

So for that I will give you a 10/10 thank you for making me love events again!
[Image: Untitled_Artwork.png]
Character: Atticus
Which Event: Arc Of Light

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): lud types much faster than I can think. Either attestation to his speed or my brain worms, I want to believe it's the former because it looks better for both of us here. 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Some of the most nuanced obstacles I've seen in an event. This is my second Ludi event, he's very creative with puzzles, they're often well accompanied and complimented very well by the pacing of the adventure itself.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10, I'm kind of speechless after all of that. I feel like a mcdonalds dm while Ludi's a whole three course gourmet meal. What the fuck.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) I'd say so, yes. Maybe Danteric and I need to start learning how to roll anything other than 1.

Overall: 10/10 would experience severe PTSD again.

Any other commentsgot me like this
Character: Sol Albright.

Which Event: Arc of Light.

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Really fast for the descriptiveness and well-written stuff he was dishing out every post.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Lots of puzzles, and each of them had depth and meaning to everything leading up to the finale. There was one fight, and it had this neat gimmick where there would be two enemies who only focused on healing the boss rather than actually fighting. 

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): You know, when people often describe certain lore instances in the game and talk about both its setting and seeing everything as more than what's on your screen, it's often it gets shrugged off. Ludi on the other hand, seems to be well-immersed in the art of world-building to the point that every thing we did, be it walking through a thoroughfare in a cozy hamlet, or to the inner sanctum of an old abbey, he knows how to set the tone.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Good, really good. For the depth of the pulls we got, and everything that we experienced and went through? I'd say Lud's arguably the fairest DM I've seen.

Overall: 10/10. It was a blast. We'll do something again one day maybe. Thanks for the great time!
Topic Options