SmugGodDR Stacking, why?
OH BOY

You know what really grinds my gears? DR stacking, to the point that you have 90%+ DR and can just do whatever with it. Why is this a thing?

My suggestion is to only allow one 'shield' DR to be applied at any given time. No stacking Energy Shield, Drakanite Racial and Fomorian for 100%+ DR, that's just not fun! Small buffs, such as 5-10% and whatnot, are fine to be used with these moves but the 40%+ for 6 seconds DR moves shouldn't be able to stack.
+1 on this, you really shouldn't be able to achieve such a high DR so easily, or at all, really

also guardian heals you based on ur current Dr instead of the 20%, not sure if it got fixed but if it didn't..big lol
guardian love big dr :drooling:
Energy Shield/Scales stacking with Holy/Dark is genuinely whatever. If you want to spend 2 bar slots on a glorified mist form then power to you.

The real offenders are Guardian and Fomorian. Fomorian needs to not exist the way it currently does. It was stupid in spires, it's stupid now, and its trivial to get. The only reason why I haven't spent the token 20 RPP to do it is because I know it's going to be eventually fixed and abusing stuff like that is just wrong.

Guardian is legitimately bugged, so I'm not going to comment on that for obvious reasons.

Fomorian is off the bar and 50% DR. You only need 1 stance (you should always have a stance) and 1 bar slot to be immortal for 8s.
Hey there folks do I have a solution for YOU!

You See that denser aura on the edge of a person or that light shield icon pop up? Expect some shit to happen! Maybe put your own guard up and let them waste it as you wait that quick 6 seconds out. Yup that's all it takes!

Good luck!
I can never see the Dr stance in use. Please fix that. I jump in not knowing they have full dr up... unlike rage and wind style which are highlighted
Fomorian stance has had their icon improved.

No fomorian boost https://prnt.sc/qa0iyp

With fomorian boost https://prnt.sc/qa0jav
Hated, very funny, but when someone's thrown up six seconds of invulnerability, which they can cast in (you can't in mist form :) ), you tend to take a -few- hits. It's not cash money.
Heres a hot take. I like the fact that defensive playstyles can be prevalent in this game. There isn't much variety when it comes to most builds when everything is completely streamlined as it is now. I know many are going disagree with that fact naturally, but I believe that DR stacking shouldn't have its DR gutted (Especially Fomorians). What I do think however is that there should be some kind of equalizer or higher skill ceiling for DR stacking.

I propose we give it diminishing returns. If DR passes a certain threshold (say, around 80%-100%)  they get a slow debuff and their damage is heavily dampened (Either through GCDE or through it just lowering the damage output in total) during the duration, or maybe even seconds after. The reason I would go for this approach is instead of it becoming a walk-in-walk out of jail free card, it descends into a more defensive position. In this case, you still get your DR's worth but you have to think the position you might put yourself in after you aren't invulnerable.

I think that this could be an okay fix if executed properly, though I would love to hear some opinions on this proposal. I may be a little biased as I played quite a bit of this playstyle during SOA's peak, so I would love to hear what you guys would have to say.

Edit: Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
I really don't know why you guys care about DR stacking that much.. If someone's invulnerable you know exactly what they're going to do... Slow them, kite them back literally just run away and block if they close the gap. Sure, you take damage but they burn both cds and become overly aggressive.

They'd block the same amount of damage, if not more, if they used the cooldowns separately rather than stacking, it just extends the duration for less of a reduction. Don't dump burst cds into someone with 90% dr literally just run and turtle. I know playing like a bitch in this game isn't fun, but if you care about winning and when you don't win because you can't stop chadding for a few seconds then you can't really complain.
Topic Options