Suggestions
(08-25-2022, 10:06 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: #Make Cinderflare intermediate
#Bring back that explosive wall attack as the mastery

The [BLAST RUSH] Incident.

One of my main concerns when I heard about the changes to mastery token was stuff like this precisely though. Nobody is going to take the old public masters anymore when the alternatives are... Completely un-nerfed or re-balanced, full-blown former hiddens.

Primordial Flame or [[[SCORCH]]], or LION FIRE BARRAGE. The choice is obvious between these three. (nobody will pick scorch, wasn't it supposed to be made an intermed?)
For Ice, Wintermute which is effectively a free aura worth of stats that was locked behind being an exalted toggle (a very high standard of being given out, generally), or Glacier, which was nerfed from 5 damage to 4?

What also doesn't help is that the flexibility that came with being able to ask for say... Primordial Flame as someone who was invested deeply into a fire subtree (magma, explosion, or plasma rly) is completely gone now since it's all done by the numbers rather than being manually looked over.

For example the current build I'm running has basically nothing I can use my tokens on, as most of the hiddens I may have gone for are now locked behind a [mythic] label rather than something I can just try to ask or even bargain for, and stances are a boring pity prize in comparison to spend something that's supposed to be so valuable and a flashy + cool addition to one's build.

It's just sorta disappointing to me at times, I'll be honest. Being denied the some of the old flexibility of how to build hidden-wise is personally demotivating and made me way-less interested in engaging with some of the current systems.

But mostly, there just definitely needs to be some rebalancing of the current hiddens that have been made public. (Lol good timing on this one...)
[Image: corpoggo.png]
(08-25-2022, 10:11 PM)SirPenguin Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 10:02 PM)Touc Wrote: Let's take Fire/Holy as an example. Instead of taking Judgment Beam, which has a recharge time and eats one of my hotbar slots, why wouldn't I take Primordial Flame for the 15% extra damage that it would provide every single one of my spells? Boring? Sure, but undeniably effective. The DPS increase or situational coverage of the master must be worth more than the value I'd get from an aura or stance, and for the vast majority of masters, that's not the case.

Holy beam is great and it does not have a charge time.

Should have said cooldown but my point stands, 15% (or 10% now) extra damage on all abilities is far more valuable than a beam that takes up a hotbar slot and a mastery point. No contest, unless your entire build revolves around setting up and dropping Holy cannon.
(08-25-2022, 10:15 PM)Touc Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 10:11 PM)SirPenguin Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 10:02 PM)Touc Wrote: Let's take Fire/Holy as an example. Instead of taking Judgment Beam, which has a recharge time and eats one of my hotbar slots, why wouldn't I take Primordial Flame for the 15% extra damage that it would provide every single one of my spells? Boring? Sure, but undeniably effective. The DPS increase or situational coverage of the master must be worth more than the value I'd get from an aura or stance, and for the vast majority of masters, that's not the case.

Holy beam is great and it does not have a charge time.

Should have said cooldown but my point stands, 15% (or 10% now) extra damage on all abilities is far more valuable than a beam that takes up a hotbar slot and a mastery point. No contest, unless your entire build revolves around setting up and dropping Holy cannon.

I don’t know about that honestly, I’ve seen people shredding life with holy cannon (I was one of them) But…I guess that everything will depend on your playstyle and build.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: sparklegif.gif]
(08-25-2022, 10:12 PM)Folian Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 10:06 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: #Make Cinderflare intermediate
#Bring back that explosive wall attack as the mastery

The [BLAST RUSH] Incident.

One of my main concerns when I heard about the changes to mastery token was stuff like this precisely though. Nobody is going to take the old public masters anymore when the alternatives are... Completely un-nerfed or re-balanced, full-blown former hiddens.

Primordial Flame or [[[SCORCH]]], or LION FIRE BARRAGE. The choice is obvious between these three. (nobody will pick scorch, wasn't it supposed to be made an intermed?)
For Ice, Wintermute which is effectively a free aura worth of stats that was locked behind being an exalted toggle (a very high standard of being given out, generally), or Glacier, which was nerfed from 5 damage to 4?

What also doesn't help is that the flexibility that came with being able to ask for say... Primordial Flame as someone who was invested deeply into a fire subtree (magma, explosion, or plasma rly) is completely gone now since it's all done by the numbers rather than being manually looked over.

For example the current build I'm running has basically nothing I can use my tokens on, and stances are a boring pity prize in comparison to spend something that's supposed to be so valuable and a flashy + cool addition to one's build.

It's just sorta disappointing to me at times, I'll be honest. There definitely needs to be some rebalancing of the current hiddens that have been made public.

Honestly, I agree with a lot of stuff said here. The new 'masters' are explicitly better in almost every way. No one is gonna take Glacier over Wintermute, or Scorch over PF, or Arc over Storm. Who is going to take Stardust Explosion over one of the Cosmic auras? Passive stats are almost always going to be better in every way than an active spell on your bar, unless that spell is just absolutely bonkers. I like the changes, but man, it does limit some stuff.
Completely unrelated to Master spells and how some poor master spells are just never going to be picked (Sleep sweetly, Cinderflare....)

Human Racials.

So here me out:

Jack of All trades - 0 RPP, -1 to prof RPP costs. (Why is it only nimble?? I do not understand. Go all in or not at all.)

Will of Man - 5 RPP, Something about being an indomitable force idk what it could be mechanically but the name sounds snazzy right.

Manifest Destiny - 5 RPP, something about being the most adaptable race and therefore capable of greater things etc.

Do away with the 0 RPP stat gains tbqh... The raw Stats humans get are nice and all (They make humans the most appealing race for me, it's why most of my chars have been humans), but I think they deserve their own special spin on things beyond raw stats.

(PS: Inspiration taken from Shadovarn's fate idea for human racials tht is all)
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
buff melee
(08-25-2022, 10:19 PM)Avee Wrote: buff melee

Buff bladestorm
(08-25-2022, 10:17 PM)CrystikRage Wrote: Honestly, I agree with a lot of stuff said here. The new 'masters' are explicitly better in almost every way. No one is gonna take Glacier over Wintermute, or Scorch over PF, or Arc over Storm. Who is going to take Stardust Explosion over one of the Cosmic auras? Passive stats are almost always going to be better in every way than an active spell on your bar, unless that spell is just absolutely bonkers. I like the changes, but man, it does limit some stuff.

I'd take Glacier over 20 power/10 agility, personally. Maybe Arc over Storm Aura too (but it depends).

Still, I'm not sure why these comparisons need to be made since you get two mastery points and not one. Which means you can buy both. It just means meeting that progression point.
Buff Water dome tho. For what I’ve seen is not better than flood right now.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: sparklegif.gif]
(08-25-2022, 10:22 PM)chance Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 10:17 PM)CrystikRage Wrote: Honestly, I agree with a lot of stuff said here. The new 'masters' are explicitly better in almost every way. No one is gonna take Glacier over Wintermute, or Scorch over PF, or Arc over Storm. Who is going to take Stardust Explosion over one of the Cosmic auras? Passive stats are almost always going to be better in every way than an active spell on your bar, unless that spell is just absolutely bonkers. I like the changes, but man, it does limit some stuff.

I'd take Glacier over 20 power/10 agility, personally. Maybe Arc over Storm Aura too (but it depends).

Still, I'm not sure why these comparisons need to be made since you get two mastery points and not one. Which means you can buy both. It just means meeting that progression point.

I might be assuming, but I think it might be because in most cases 1 of those 2 mastery points is likely going to go to a 10% AP combat stance (Unless only Windwalker is 10% AP and the other 3 aren't than ooph).

So it's a choice between 2 cool spells or 1 cool spell and 1 flat damage increase. Could potentially just make it that the advanced combat styles require 200 RPL and no mastery token.

But again, this is under the assumption that most people Go: 1 Cool spell, 1 flat damage increase via master combat style.
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
Topic Options