Chronicles of Eternia
DM Chance - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: In-Game (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Dungeon Master (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: DM Chance (/thread-2737.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: DM Chance - kiddo - 07-07-2021

Character: Ezra Ravus.

Which Event: An Ounce of Prevention.

Responsiveness: Super fast.  
Balance: 10/10. Both bosses were pretty easy to beat...I know I was downed like, twice, during the second, but yeah lol.

Storytelling: 10/10. The narrations were fun to read, and the story was cute.
EDIT: This just came to me, but -- I really, Really liked the part where we had to objectively rate our character's flaws, to walk through the barrier. That was cool. 

Fairness: 10/10. Got a cool perm and cooler items.
Overall: 10/10! Thnx again for running it

Any other comments: This was my first event...I really wasn't sure of what to expect, but I had a lot of fun o(-( xoxo

RE: DM Chance - Mkat - 07-07-2021

Character: Melody lux Vel Kruger
Which Event: An Ounce of Prevention

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):  10/10 Went pretty quick and everything was fairly responsive. No complaints here
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 9/10 The only reason I give this is because of Volcano spam, it is such a powerful spell and basically unavoidable It chunks your health way too fast. Too many meteor storms also bug out tiles so you step on tiles and do not know it. Other than those two spells it was great
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The story was good and engageing. Was a lot of fun and rewarding for our ic Actions. I fully expected to be nerfed twice for my self sacrficing ways.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 7/10 Rewards were really good for those who got rewarded. Felt there should have been rewards for those who were not found pure enough.

Overall: 8/10. Everything was really fun and good paced. My only regret is the babys did not get a rewards. Keep up the good work chance and thank you for taking advantage of my characters ic and rewarding me for it in a great way

Any other comments: Duelyst sprites are the best

RE: DM Chance - icedstorm - 07-07-2021

Character: Tirius Multhunder
Which Event: https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7768

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 They were quick to respond, I didn't care if they were slow or anything personally but they weren't in my mind.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  7/10 The battles were fun, yes, but volcano spam please I beg you. But it was fun watching the god damn golden dude run around spraying fire every. Good fun.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10 Hell yeah, the scenery was nice, even if they were just giant ass pictures. Really liked the temple.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)6/10 I just wish everyone who went got at least something, though the people who were awarded got really stacked shit >.>

Overall: 8/10 will do again

Any other comments: make volcano gcde and make it a 3 sec cd k thx u <3

RE: DM Chance - SilkiyTea - 07-16-2021

Character: Izzie

Which Event: Public Board Event

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Some of the fastest narrations i've ever experienced, and on point too.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Built for 8 people, fought with 6. Hyper challenging in a way that I thoroughly enjoyed. I had to put my dodging skills to use so, so many times. It was just fun, like playing a dodging game while picking your shots and when to use immunities or speed boosts and whew...

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): On point and exactly what was advertised on the public board. It felt like a mini adventure and sorta reinvigorated me into the game again tbqh!

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): It said expect injuries, and 3 out of 6 of us got injured. The rewards were also stellar, with some being extremely unique imo. So yeah, very fair!

Overall: 100%! it was just a public board event but it was a very good experience!

Any other comments:
+ Johannes's Deflecting Palm was MVP
+ Pontus carried us and nothing can change my mind

RE: DM Chance - Icraft343 - 08-06-2021

Character: Ehren Kriyer
Which Event: The Grumble Intensifies

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): As soon as everyone's RP is done, he was really quick to give the response to us. At the beginning as well, once all the players are TPd in, he narrated as quick as 10 minutes, which is by far, really fast. 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): *Sharp inhale* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THE SWARM IS DANGERAOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!!!!  9/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It followed exactly as I had expected, maybe even more so! I went, whoa... When I was greeted by the Bullet Ant on a throne made of bones surrounded by corpses and children on the holes on the side. 10/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) : The risk was worth it, everyone is given a reward, so no one is without one. In addition, the +5 perm is a good trade off for a dev item. So I'll say, NICE! 10/10

Overall: I love him. He's so good with his storytelling and lore, and that fun fact in the end. But man, he's crazy with the balance. The swarms did 10k damage, and I'm lucky to just get a temp, not a perm. Except for the last part. Just my luck and my lack of teamwork. 9.5/10

Any other comments: :thumbs_up: Would love to have you DM my events. But I really hope that you won't kill me, right...? Right? Hahaha... Ha...

RE: DM Chance - TheHopscotch - 12-10-2021

Character: Sebas
Which Event: To A Star Studded Past

Responsiveness: I never had much idle time when waiting around. As per usual, Chance narrates with exceptional speed and quality to boot.
Balance: Perms/Rolls were well laid out and fair, with cool twists which still felt possible to overcome. If only he didn't own me with six shadow cannons!
Storytelling: Nearing the end I felt myself completely engrossed in the event and wanted to do little more than read and get engrossed in the plot, very fun and very well put together. Throughout the entire event you felt present, as though you were reading through a well-structured story.
Fairness: Loot good, lmao why is this part even here??? Admins approve events anyways the loot has to be good for the risk...

Overall: 5 Stars

[Image: depositphotos_391168188-stock-photo-cust...survey.jpg]

RE: DM Chance - Milly - 12-10-2021

Character: Alanis vey Grimmore
Which Event: Star Studded Past

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Super quick and also communicated rapidly in terms of the injury table ahead of the event, and the general overall gist of expectations. Was accommodating of a random person (Olivia) who had followed Jude, and we ended up including her in the event anyway as a stow away. It was HILARIOUS.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The bosses were difficult, but also not unreasonable. Easily accounted for random things, and overall they were a challenge that I was fully expecting at this point. The puzzle was given to us early and INITIALLY I thought I wouldn't know shit about it; but I ended up being right in my assumption as to what it was. It was a super cute hangman puzzle.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Holy shit y'all. This was intense. From added lore to currently known lore, the story telling was off the charts and it impacted every character present.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I believe everyone got something, and some even got more items. I didn't take anything since I knew what was meant for me, but I also ended up getting a cute jacket anyway!

Overall: 10/10 would beat up my ancestor again

Any other comments:

RE: DM Chance - ludster - 12-10-2021

Character: https://youtu.be/mQER0A0ej0M
Which Event: that same one where we go in That mansion

Responsiveness: quick as always. the wait times are understandable but the narrates came swift. no problems here whatsoever.

Balance: we were rolling well in the first half (except isbrand). though the early fights were meant to wear us down i think the middle alchemy room with the potion roulette was what truly started putting in the work in injuries (isbrand again rolling and being a goober). i think the true balance part was the final ec fight. at that point, it was a bit of a free for all. i ascended and learned how to use dpalm and now i am forever changed (also isbrand rolled well here, so glad he isnt a chicken nugget by the end of it at least). i will, however, reiterate that i am a gamer as i only fell when the dm knew i shudnt live and i was bombarded by shadow claws.

Storytelling: i sadly was not part of the initial event that something like this happened in, hence my comparison is nonexistent. the call backs to older character's actions and where they are now will always be a soft spot for me since i thrive in seeing what other ppl did come up as actual lore. the pacing was lovely, the initial scene drop at the start alone was grand. exposition was great as usual.

Fairness: its good. difficulty was high, so im not surprised w the amount of loot that showed up. i also swooned at one specific item but only bruce is aware of which of them was it. these items r cute :eye:

Overall: lovely. event was as based as olivia kalogera.

Any other commends: YOMR EYES ARE CURSED

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: DM Chance - ail - 12-10-2021

Character: Leonidas ven Grimmore
Which Event: To A Star Studded Past
Responsiveness: Take this as you will but at some point he was narrating for the group while my character was doing a thing and responding to my thing in real time. So, pretty fast and god damn responsive.
Balance: The EC fights all had a gimmick. As long as you didn't deflective palm and get hit with six thousand shadow claws just so the ec could see who would die first in some deranged game of chicken, the fights were fair. I only survived as long as I did most rounds because of a good verber with wellspring and blink for whatever reason having unlimited range.
Storytelling: I sorta went into this character not knowing much about the ancient lore of the house, so I was doing some reading on the side and while normally I don't care about standard noble rp the storytelling and this event has be a bit more invested in the Grimmore house in general.

Depending on ic it may have inspired my character to try and do something absolutely insane, as well, and most events usually feel like a one and done and this certainly was not.
Fairness: You turned Sheldon into this.
[Image: unknown.png]
There is no excusing that.
Overall: So yeah the event really made you feel like star, one out of ten.

RE: DM Chance - Folian - 12-10-2021

Character: Majin Okabe
Event: Spooky Mansion Extravaganza (GONE VIOLENT)

Responsiveness: I can't quite remember us having to wait any more than like, five minutes really, but even if we did the sheer size of the narrates was enough to make up for any wait time.

Balance: Considering I only went down in this entire event, and avoiding downs in all other parts of it required maximum clench and kiting ability on my part to not end up dead, I'd say it hit the mark dead on for what we were doing. ECs had just enough hp to make sure the fights felt long and impactful, without really entering that sluggish territory where they so often have a habit of ending up, and all of the fights were extremely fun, which is a strong point of Chance events in general.

Storytelling: Having had only some relatively framework level knowledge of the stuff we were dealing with on this event, everything as it was unfolded was pretty easy to understand while all being very interesting. Going too much into this would be spoilers, but it was a fantastic time, and the plot was very engaging.

Fairness: For what was handed out as loot, the difficulty was definitely in the right range. Plenty of injuries to go around for the most part, and where people goofed (The Potion Roulette Incident of 1886AC.) they generally knew what they were getting into. The reward I got was the most important thing of all: drip.

Overall: Amazing, and letting someone who accidentally followed into the event tag along for the entire thing was hilarious and ended up making the event even more enjoyable.

Any other comments:

Red sus.