CuriosityaboutMyselfthose poor boars
I don't think it should exist at all. Quests/Dungeons/RP are fine. Randomly getting stronger because you walked into a group of boars and pressed one button is ridiculous.
or just make it so devouring winds can literally not trigger npcs or do damage to them which is the only reason why people would have the audacity to do it to begin with.
(08-09-2022, 05:17 AM)Mallow Wrote: or just make it so devouring winds can literally not trigger npcs or do damage to them which is the only reason why people would have the audacity to do it to begin with.

but then its useless against summons
(08-09-2022, 05:17 AM)DRAGON Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 05:17 AM)Mallow Wrote: or just make it so devouring winds can literally not trigger npcs or do damage to them which is the only reason why people would have the audacity to do it to begin with.

but then its useless against summons

or just make it so devouring winds can literally not trigger npcs or do damage to them which is the only reason why people would have the audacity to do it to begin with without being in an rpb*
The boar farming tech is really only solid up until about 150. After that, the massive AP requirements and the low RPP gain (right now) make it very slow.

As it stands, assuming the old numbers are right and coupled with the current RPP gains, you will need approximately 19500 AP to hit 200. Give or take a thousand.

Even then, you are still limited by three hour clock and the RPP gain rate. Sure, you might be able to bank a thousand or so XP after a day and it'll likely get you about ten checks but that's still a small part of what is needed for 200. So, as it stands, the boar farming tech is likely not that bad. It also puts you in a central location out in the wilds where anyone can walk up on you. Notice your faction's enemy is grinding boars? Be a real shame if you and four other buds rolled up to clap their shit and then steal the farming spot.

So, tldr it's a nice aid while you grind leather and pork for gold boxes so you can run dungeons.
Lots of counter arguments with no weight here.

Afk farming is not the issue. Even if you had to spend 10 seconds to kill 4 boars (with your aoe), you're gaining exp comparable to rping in big posts. And you can do it while rping.

Arguing that the AP requirements are massive has absolutely 0 relevance to the problem. Those ap requirements are the same for posting rps as they are for grinding xp.

It IS a cute idea, but... I think keeping it to daily quests (increase it if you want!) and dungeons is fine.
I don't personally mind the xp gain from npcs, since it does mollify the absolute snorefest that grinding them constantly for materials, coin or otherwise, very rapidly becomes.
Don't love it. Don't hate it. I can see why it makes sense to nerf it a lot or remove it but I hope it could bring to some entertaining 'encounters' in the meantime. Perhaps a max amount per hour or something?
Here is my thought on this. Remove the EXP farming you get from NPCs because that can indeed get atrocious. Right now, you don't even need to be all in the same place. Just set up a part and have each person kill NPCs at another location for efficient EXP farming- And that, just sounds like a horrible gateway to abuse the system.

To compensate for this, have NPCs drop their loot more often. Heck, maybe have it so that they sometimes drop more than one piece of loot at a time depending on the kind of loot (Maybe not for boars that can drop sellable leather, but valued crafting items like rabbit's feet or crystals)

That way, while you still have to go farm from time to time for materials? At least you'll be able to farm for less time since you'll get more materials each rotation.
Tbh, a small exp for farming is not bad...after all, crafters spent a lot of the playing time farming to make potions for others, they do not have time all the time to RP like your generic battlecuck number 3. One time I saw someone spending 5 hours farming in e3 and they didn't do it ever again bc they got behind the rpl rq.

Also, more drops are not often the solution bc the profit for those will decrease thus...crafter will be ending up moving to another source of income, and finally, people not getting their booster or potions. 

It's not really that simple.

Perhaps raising the cd and lowering what you get from that...which right now, isn't that high anymore...is a better approach.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: sparklegif.gif]
Topic Options