Detective100transceivers need a "X uses a transceiver" message
Hi all!

Unless it was changed, currently while one uses a transceiver there is no visible message shown to others when one someone uses the device.

Why do I bring it up suddenly? Because I once had a situation where another used their transceiver to call for help from somewhere else in the city without putting it in an emote- Which felt a bit too awkward  Blush

Having a visible message whenever someone uses a transceiver could help next time tries to secretly use a transciever in a scene.
i believe there is a ruling on transceivers in those cases, I've seen it occur only once, and a quick ticket cleared things up pretty well

From what I remember, if you call for help over a transceiver, it is under the same ruling as sending a message

In which the new arrival has to let the scene resolve (tho obviously ticket, since these are usually on a case-by-case basis and especially if you're unsure)

Definitely a good suggestion however!
Currently, the rulling you mentioned isn't clearly written in the rules, but under Discord's "Policy" channel. 
As an added option, that policy can be added to the rules to help those who rely on the rules alone while during a scene.

In my case, the helping was still allowed once I ticketed, though back then that policy wasn't written yet (I can confirm that by comparing dates)
Something like this would be fine with a lengthy cooldown so it doesn't spam the chat. I'll note it, especially since transceivers will be a public (but resource intense) recipe post-update.
Topic Options