TeemoMake Mistform Intermediates
bro arr u high mistform lmao
haha im proud to be responsible for this thread
(01-03-2020, 05:08 AM)SMoto Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:07 AM)Teemo Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:50 AM)Trenton Wrote: "they can already get beam and whip, why not mist form too for dipping?"

thats 50 rpp
They shouldn't be allowed that much variety for a 15 rpp attunement. It leads to power building. Need a defensive filler? Mistform. Need a gcde cc for your combo? Whip. Need a combo finisher and all-around good spell? Beam. Water already has a fuck ton of basic spells and like two intermediates. Mistform imo is good enough to be considered an intermediate. I'm sure turning your entire body into mist takes some kind of mastery compared to a bubble, whip, and water gun.

Mistform is easy to smack through if you know the timing, and water's been through multiple nerfs on the whips part, just don't spam everything when they commit mistformpuku, use your eyes and ears for the sign of it - in my perspective water magic (specs excluded) combo is the easiest to read.

And for non-water magi to invest in it would be less likely since the new RPP cost is very high compared to Spires, only those crazy enough would do it. [Image: 576386080987676692.gif?v=1] (Like me)

(Spike on the other hand is just equipped with a dumb huge range compared to the previous version's back in Spires so it's probably fine anyway, and now let us [not] discuss about how buffed earth branch is before they nerf it.)
It breaks combos, it wastes the duration on cc, stalls time for cds. It completely counters gcde combos are combos that aren't complete stun locks. Want to flurry tornado? Mistform. Want to sear or meteor? Mistform. Want to jab, assault, phantom or piercing strike? Mistform. Want to use any literal root? Mistform. So much of the game's spells are just completely countered by a single spell. And, if my memory is correct, mistform is cheaper now to get than it was in Spires. It was intermediate back then, required the V2 Aura and bubble and was 20 rpp? Could be 10, not sure tbh.

Also, every other major aoe has been increased to the same range as spike. The difference? Spikes has a travel time, a long self root, no lingering aoe, no bonus effect. It's harder to hit, more punishing, and does less damage without the effects cosmic, magma, holy, or occult have.
(01-03-2020, 05:56 AM)Teemo Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:50 AM)Trenton Wrote: "they can already get beam and whip, why not mist form too for dipping?"

thats 50 rpp
They shouldn't be allowed that much variety for a 15 rpp attunement. It leads to power building. Need a defensive filler? Mistform. Need a gcde cc for your combo? Whip. Need a combo finisher and all-around good spell? Beam. Water already has a fuck ton of basic spells and like two intermediates. Mistform imo is good enough to be considered an intermediate. I'm sure turning your entire body into mist takes some kind of mastery compared to a bubble, whip, and water gun.

Mistform is easy to smack through if you know the timing, and water's been through multiple nerfs on the whips part, just don't spam everything when they commit mistformpuku, use your eyes and ears for the sign of it - in my perspective water magic (specs excluded) combo is the easiest to read.

And for non-water magi to invest in it would be less likely since the new RPP cost is very high compared to Spires, only those crazy enough would do it. [Image: 576386080987676692.gif?v=1] (Like me)

(Spike on the other hand is just equipped with a dumb huge range compared to the previous version's back in Spires so it's probably fine anyway, and now let us [not] discuss about how buffed earth branch is before they nerf it.)
It breaks combos, it wastes the duration on cc, stalls time for cds. It completely counters gcde combos are combos that aren't complete stun locks. Want to flurry tornado? Mistform. Want to sear or meteor? Mistform. Want to jab, assault, phantom or piercing strike? Mistform. Want to use any literal root? Mistform. So much of the game's spells are just completely countered by a single spell. And, if my memory is correct, mistform is cheaper now to get than it was in Spires. It was intermediate back then, required the V2 Aura and bubble and was 20 rpp? Could be 10, not sure tbh.

Also, every other major aoe has been increased to the same range as spike. The difference? Spikes has a travel time, a long self root, no lingering aoe, no bonus effect. It's harder to hit, more punishing, and does less damage without the effects cosmic, magma, holy, or occult have.

Spike is a basic spell from a base tree, magma on the other hand is a specialization - Hence why it offers more than the normal spell, if I were you I would advance into any of the earth specializations to gain advantages to a certain degree than just rely on one spell.

Cosmic, holy, and occult on the other hand are not available to the public and would require character development to obtain, which is obviously going to have stronger effects, otherwise no one would apply for them - Remember that the more developments you get, the stronger you become.

And spike is considered as a deadly spell if you have enough amount of other spells to back it up for an easier landing, especially against close range verbers (melees), everything has its own advantages and disadvantages.

As for the V2 aura, they are no longer needed since we have attunements to make up for the spell costs, even so in Spires we only needed to spend 22 RPP to get mist form compared to E3 which costs 25 RPP which is still 3 RPP higher, making them intermediate would force people to spend at least 75 RPP in total to get a spell that doesn't even cause damage to others.

EDIT: They'll also need to reach RPL 120, and in Spires we had RPP cost penalty for non-humans or element related races, then it'd be a whole different story.
When your house's door does not have any interiors connected to it:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqB1uoDTdKM]
imagine continuing to swing while the opponent is in their evasive. that's WILD
(01-03-2020, 08:17 AM)BestMori Wrote: imagine continuing to swing while the opponent is in their evasive. that's WILD
Imagine...
[Image: unknown.png]
imagine spending only 105rpp for a complete kit in water consisting of a cleanse, immunity, combo makers and finishers
attune 15, beam 10, whip 10, cleanse 10, mist 10, homing bubble 10, flood 20, water aoe that HEALS 20.
(01-03-2020, 06:31 AM)SMoto Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 05:56 AM)Teemo Wrote:

thats 50 rpp

Spike is a basic spell from a base tree, magma on the other hand is a specialization - Hence why it offers more than the normal spell, if I were you I would advance into any of the earth specializations to gain advantages to a certain degree than just rely on one spell.

Cosmic, holy, and occult on the other hand are not available to the public and would require character development to obtain, which is obviously going to have stronger effects, otherwise no one would apply for them - Remember that the more developments you get, the stronger you become.

And spike is considered as a deadly spell if you have enough amount of other spells to back it up for an easier landing, especially against close range verbers (melees), everything has its own advantages and disadvantages.

As for the V2 aura, they are no longer needed since we have attunements to make up for the spell costs, even so in Spires we only needed to spend 22 RPP to get mist form compared to E3 which costs 25 RPP which is still 3 RPP higher, making them intermediate would force people to spend at least 75 RPP in total to get a spell that doesn't even cause damage to others.

EDIT: They'll also need to reach RPL 120, and in Spires we had RPP cost penalty for non-humans or element related races, then it'd be a whole different story.
Cosmic, holy and occult aren't application only because they're meant to be stronger. They're to stop people that don't know the lore from just buying in and not rping the magic. Spike isn't good against anybody. If someone approaches you and you respond with a spikes, you're going to get out traded every single time to any spell. If you use it against a kiter, you won't hit them. Not without, again, eating a spell that will out trade you no matter what.

Just because mistform doesn't do damage, doesn't mean it shouldn't be an intermediate. The rpp investment for intermediates in water is already worth it. Almost every basic spell you can buy in water. The attunement, whip, beam, aura and both utility spells will put you at enough for intermediate. All of those spells are amazing for their cost and give acces to even better spells. Moving mistform would force people to buy at least one bubble spell. This tree literally has everything.
So bout my idea to add burn on scorch...
(01-03-2020, 01:40 PM)Suke Wrote: So bout my idea to add burn on scorch...

No!
Topic Options