OichaREAL earth changes
Alright you cowards, you keep saying change this or that about earth, earth is soooo boring please can we have cool things at home!!! And the cool this is just fucking [FORTRESS]

Well I've done it, i've cemented myself as gods silliest soldier, and come up with some mockup proof of concepts for an Earth Rework.

THE VISION:

So, right now Earth is just kinda the AOE spell school. That's cool and all, kinda expected of earth. But I think earth should LOCK IN on one or two aspects of itself heavily. To match it with the design philosophy of some of the more recently reworked spell schools. Gravity and Cosmic are very FLAVORFUL now imo. And that's exactly what Im going for here. FLAVORTOWN. So, I'd like to see Earth go from JUST the aoe tree, to a more ebb and flow battlefield mastery school. Where one is constantly setting up obstacles and objects for the opponent to manuever around, and for the user to well... Use.

So lets talk about our GUY. OUR BOY, THE BIGGEST AND BADDEST ROCK SPELL. [Image: 7586cdcb683e1598d01db2829790bd735d0abc87...159a44.png] holy shit. It's him. Rock wall. To me? the coolest and biggest possibility for THEMATICS in the earth spell tree. As a starter here, I think the rock wall spell should not change. And assume that every rock wall thats in this kit from now on functions identically to the rock wall in game RIGHT NOW!!!

That means it stays around a few seconds, and it explodes after it expires for moderate damage in a small aoe!

Let's look at some spells together shall we my fellow gamers and gamettes?

Oh but first, Let's meet our helper. Jane.
 [Image: Jane-Likes-Earth.png?format=webp&quality...height=676]
And her arch rival, Enemy Jane.
[Image: ENEMY-JANE-APPROACHES.png]
OMG JANE WATCH OUT SHE'S GOING TO USE ONE OF THE TWO OPTIONS FOR OUR FIRST NEW PROPOSED MOVE, EARTH CRASH
[Image: Earth-Crash.png]
NOOOOO THIS SPELL EARTH CRASH IS A PASSIVE SPELL THAT WHEN TOGGLED ON, MAKES YOU SMASH INTO ANY EARTH WALLS YOU DASH INTO THAT SENDS OUT A SHORT RANGE HOMING EARTH BOMB TO YOUR TARGET. YOU GOT HIT BY IT JANE!!!
BUT OH MY GOD SHE'S NOT DONE, NOW SHE'S GOING TO DEMONSTRATE OPTION NUMBER2!!!! (#TWO)
[Image: Earth-Crash-option-2.png]
OH GOD THERE IT IS!!! IN THIS OPTION THE WALL THAT WAS DASHED INTO MOVES FORWARDS A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TILES INSTEAD WHEN IT IS DASHED INTO, AND CAUSES DAMAGE IF IT MAKES CONTACT. THE HUMANITY, WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE ARMED PLAYERS???

QUICK JANE, USE ONE OF TWO NEW DEFENSIVE ORIENTATED SPELLS TO MAKE SOME DISTANCE!!!
[Image: Great-Divide.png]
OH MY GOD JANE HAS SUMMONED A NEW WALL WITH THE FIRST PART OF THE NEW SPELL GREAT DIVIDE. THATS INCREDIBLE!!!! BY GOD, SHES NOT DONE YOU SAY???
[Image: Great-Divide-2.png]
THE SECOND PART OF GREAT DIVIDE!!  OF COURSE!!! HOW COULD I FORGET THAT GREAT DIVIDE ALSO PUSHES THE SUMMONED ROCK WALL AWAY AND YOUR OPPONENT WITH IT IF IT MAKES CONTACT? SIMILAR TO TELEKINESIS YOU SAY? FUCK YOU.

THIS POST IS PROBABLY GETTING LONG SO ILL HAVE SOME MORE IN THE NEXT POST IN CASE THE FORUMS FUCK ME ON A 'WORD LIMIT'

ITS TIME FOR ENEMY JANE TO STRIKE BACK YALL.
[Image: Earthen-Armor-1.png]
SHE'S DASHING INTO THE ROCK WALL, OH NO IS SHE GOING TO USE EARTH CRASH AGAIN? NO! YOU FOOL, YOU BABOON, YOU IMBECILE!!! SHE'S ACTIVATING THE NEW EARTH AURA [EARTHEN ARMOR] 
[Image: Earthen-Armor-2.png]
YOU SEE BY PLAYING POT OF GREED DASHING THROUGH A WALL WITH THE EARTH AURA ACTIVE, SHE'S GAINED TWO EARTH BOMBS THAT SHE CAN USE, AND A SMALL DR BOOST FOR A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME.
[Image: Earthen-Armor-E.png]
THESE EARTH BOMBS ARE NOT HOMING, HOWEVER THEY HAVE NO CD AND ARE GCDE, MEANING YOU CAN USE THEM AS YOU GET THEM. ALLOWING YOU TO ADD SOME EXTRA DAMAGE ON YOUR COMBOS.
[Image: Moving-Hillside.png]
EVIL JANE YOU FUCKING FOOOOOOOOOL. GOOD JANE HAS ACTIVATED [MOVING HILLSIDE] WHICH FUNCTIONS AS A QUICKDRAW THAT GIVES YOU YOUR EARTH AURA PASSIVE IF AN ENEMY SPELL HITS YOU DURING ITS SMALL ACTIVE DURATION.
[Image: Boulder-Launch.png]
WHAT A BRILLIANT PLAY. SHE'S USING [BOULDER LAUNCH] IN COMBINATION WITH ROCK WALL. BOULDER LAUNCH, WHAT DOES IT DO YOU ASK? IT LAUNCHES OUT BOULDERS IN BOTH CARDINAL AND ANTECARDINAL ,OR WHATEVER THE FUCKING WORD IS, DIRECTIONS. JUST LIKE SAND INVULNS LIL SAND BOMBS. AND IF IT COLLIDES WITH AN EARTH WALL? IT EXPLODES OUT INTO CARDINAL DIRECTIONS WITH MMOOOOOOOOORE EARTH BOMBS.
Now I hear you chatters. "BUT WHAT ABOUT EARTHQUAKE ITS OUR FAVORITE SPELL?" Yes, it is our favorite spell comrade. Which is why I made it BETTER.
[Image: Earthquake.png]
EARTHQUAKE NOW ON TOP OF A VERY LIGHT HUGE AREA AOE DAMAGE, ALSO SUMMONS ROCK WALLS RANDOMLY. ONE OF THESE ROCK WALLS WILL ALWAYS TARGET YOUR OPPONENT, HOWEVER. SORTVE LIKE SWORD OF HEAVEN YOU SAY? FUCK YOU.

More to come in the next post. and the exciting conclusion of the duel....

Enemy Jane is getting COMPLETELY no diffed out here chat. It's not looking good. and OH GOD JANE HAS USED [COLLAPSING MOUNTAIN]
[Image: Collapsing-Mountain.png]
this SPELL? You want to know what it does? Of course you do. WELL YOU SEE, ENEMY JANE HAS DASHED BETWEEN TWO OF THE REMAINING WALLS ON THE MAP. AND THIS SPELL? OHOHO, YOU ARENT READY FOR HOW DEVIOUS IT IS.
[Image: Collapsing-Mountain-2.png]
THATS RIGHT IT MAKES ALL EARTH WALLS CRASH INTO THEIR NEAREST FRIENDLY SUMMONED EARTH WALL, STUNNING AND DOING DAMAGE TO ANYONE CAUGHT IN THE- Smite?

Terra...?

Fuck you don't tell them...

[Image: Earthen-Fury.png]
SHIT, ENEMY JANE DCD AND THEY HAD TO REDO THE ROUND. NOW SHE'S IN THE LEAD. AND JANE ONLY HAS FORTRESS UP AROUND HER, AND HER NEW EARTH MASTERY SPELL. OH WAIT, THATS ALL SHE FUCKING NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS!!!!
[Image: Earthen-Fury-2.png]
WHEN [EARTHEN FURY] IS ACTIVATED, IT DESTROYS ALL ACTIVE ROCK WALLS IN THE RPB AND SENDS A HOMING, LONG RANGE EARTH BOMB AT THE OPPONENT, QUICKLY STACKING UP TONS OF DAMAGE. BUT GIVING UP YOUR ADVANTAGE OF HAVING TONS OF ROCK WALLS TO PLAY AROUND.

So end ths Tyranny of Evil Jane.... She was later capped killed and reported as saying "I fucking hate the demon arc."

Oh, and keep the earth waves. They're cool too. Maybe on top of applying mud give them a speed up to the user as they move across them. Like the ice tiles on the Lance move.

Thanks for reading my insane ramblings.
I HARDLY READ THIS BUT I'M EXCITED PUT THIS IN
This thread almost pulled me out of retirement.
This is schizo in the best kind of way.

+1, no notes.
This is neat and all till you realize people can play earth and nature together. I don't care how much you wanna play Starcraft, please stop turning this game into an RTS ;_;
Don't get me wrong tho, i love the flavor. it's just that pick a different flavor please

https://youtu.be/3OzpNCbx6OI?si=7FAaHnRBytFwTrhW
Topic Options