CuratorAriltor's Eviction [Fortune Vs. Denath Cult]
[Image: Arms-NH-JF-20%201.jpg?itok=obqBXkTp]

"Careful now... light it."
Ssssss....  
BOOM!!

A cannon roars loudly off the coast of a small island tucked away in the far southeast away from prying eyes and ears. A ship bearing the flag of Fortune's Navy floats sole off the coast just in range to deliver one rudely transcribed gift.
The small square at Ariltor's Landing experiences a sudden impact. For those who are on the island find the Cannonball left on the square seared into it's metal like runes to leave a message around it's spherical shape.
Quote:"Melione Hiraeth, you have welcomed yourself to my territory.
Like many people who come to the islands, they see an opportunity to hide away their vile intentions and criminal acts.
You will find no safety in the Southern Seas, fleeing from the retribution of the Mainland.
You are in the Kingdom's waters, without our consent, enticing poor souls down a dark-greedy path.
You will leave your Fortress empty or I shall drag your Cult of Denath out by force.
I will not have another Fel Garden in my waters.
Leave my isles, or suffer the consequences for your trespass."

There's no more written onto the Cannonball.
A bit over the top for a message to some, but a message sent regardless. The Kingdom of Fortune plans their incursion onto Ariltor's Landing. The force knowing the supposedly proclaimed 'Primordial' may have some tricks up their sleeves to protect their claims should they choose to stay and fight for it. Even out in the far reaches of the South-eastern parts past where the destroyed island that used to house Blood Rose is not safe from the scrutiny of the Order and newfound navy. The Sovereign seeks to enforce her claims on her half of the Sea.

Kingdom of Fortune
Vs.
Melione's Following
Date: TBD
Objective: Seize and Destroy Ariltor's Landing
Oust the Denath Cult from the Sea!
[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-13-225829.png]

The sudden attack via naval bombardment is met with the conjoined efforts of the southwards-facing walls of the Martyrs' Vigil, erecting furthered munitions and streamlining supply lines by both land and sea. About as far-removed as anyone could be from the outside world while still remaining upon the mainland, the Goldlight Order moves in tandem with its protected state, seemingly without warning and without counsel on the world stage.

The Knight-Commander is seen rallying her soldiers within the Martyrs' Vigil, she who'd bested both an Imperfect and an Ascendant- and she puts out a statement of her own, one sent via Wayfinding glyphs.

x
x
Quote:
"Honestly, it was a matter of time!
I was quite blunt when I told you that you couldn't run from Chireus's few.
x

Like a cockroach without a head, you all keep running and running away from the actions you wrought upon yourself with half a mind to spare.
I want to kick over this little piece of driftwood and see the worms that start to flee from sunlight for the first time in decades.
It's quite sad, really- you thought nobody would notice.
How does it feel to be locked inside a dream that you know never had a chance of being realized?
Being free from the prying eyes, for all the shit you've caused? A dream only the unrepentant sinners could cook up.
x

I was asked by Lykon, right? How are we ever meant to be free from all this fel shit? How could we dream that we'd be free of this?
If the dark keeps coming back, if shitholes like this start rising up everywhere, isn't it futile to keep fighting?
Well, I have my answer- I had it then, too. After I beat him into the fucking dirt.
I fight for a painless tomorrow, hoping it becomes a painless future, knowing full well what I'm doing to myself.
x
More importantly, I fight to live, because nothing's killed me yet.
And I fight because I hate those that exploit the weak.
x

Oh, and if she's there, that little fucking fox that keeps burying herself further and further?
x

I'll put on a show."
x
x
As one with the Kingdom of Fortune, the Goldlight Order moves to mobilize against the fel threat, the protector-state supported by their sea-borne vassal.
The Sovereign and the Knight-Commander act together, to rid the world of a telling scourge.

x
x

GOLDLIGHT'S OBJECTIVE:
CAPTURE AND EXECUTION OF ANY AND ALL FEL INSURGENTS UPON ARILTOR'S LANDING
RECLAIM THE SEAS FOR THE ALLYSHIP OF FORTUNE AND GOLD
The sudden attack shakes the tides, causing the ocean's waves to crash against the fortress, causing a stir - whence the cannon ball found itself on the grasses of the isle, it would seem that nobody had read it - it is there, unturned and half buried in the grasses. Those observing and watching the isles for any activity are to be sourly disappointed, there had not been movement there at all - it would seem the fortress itself was abandoned for a long while.

The lack of movement may be worrying, and those curious enough to come onto the island to observe take not that the cannon ball had rusted due to the elements, and the close proximity to sea water, there are no foot steps that indicate it was ever read. When approaching the fortress, it would appear the doors are stuck at first, with a little effort - they'd be opened to reveal a rather dusty interior, and each corner of the building seems to be overtaken by cobwebs and even more dust.

Crickets are sounded within the bulwark of stone upon the isles, and those investigating deeper seem to not be able to find anything of worth within. 

The place has not been touched in months, perhaps even years, the dust build up shows that it was not regularly used, and the hinges of the doors being poorly maintaned, with the rust and creaking, eludes to only that. 

It would appear that the coalition is not finding a match today, and it would seem the cult of Denath is not there to begin with - perhaps, this could've been all a misunderstanding, perhaps they'd never been there to begin with - perhaps, this is all an illusion.

Though, one thing is for certain - there was nobody coming to defend the island, rendering their efforts of assimilating and taking over as intended, successful and prosperous. 
Topic Options