Sunsets over MoonlightHer Children
[Image: 570e64b159bd4f6ed5329e1f610ed217.png]
♎︎ - Sae - 2nd Month, 2095 AC

The following rather lengthy set of letters finds itself mostly throughout Nemea's temple and sparsely around the realm of Delphina itself as it's likely been picked up and traveled around:

Dear curious reader,

For years have I tackled ideas of purpose, ideas of belonging, ideas of faith. It has been twenty-three now, years that is, where the ideas stained my hands and slipped through my fingers and I struggled to pick them up. It has always been me and these ideas, me and these questions. No one has the answers for me and I must find them myself. I wonder if the path I'm on is true- is it wrong to have doubt? I am wrought with doubt, perhaps more than tea or the sugar of donuts. There is more doubt that blood, uncertainties in my mind that are often loud. I have been told others feel this way, too. Such feelings are not ones I suffer in silence with. I wonder then, if people know my devotion to Nemea. Writing is the only place I've ever truly felt comfortable. I feel awkward talking to new people and not intelligent enough to teach. I do not feel confident in what I know to express it as my mentor has. I've only lived for twenty-three years- after living it, I realize how short it truly is. For days to turn into months that bleed into years and years and years. Twenty-three cycles of seasons. I do not feel changed, yet I am, isn't it curious? I've thought about the impact my mentor had on me and I wonder if I've ever done the same.

Likely not.

My name is Sunsets over Moonlight. Yes, it is unique; Yes, it is long; 
Yes, I get that a lot; No, not all Faeborne are named this way. For years now, I've tried to faithfully uphold my vows and follow a spiritual path with Nemea as my guide, my light, my sky, my everything. In my mind, She is the only thing I have ever felt so certain about, the only thing I do not feel doubt in. I may doubt my worth, my character, my place- but I do not doubt my devotion to Her. It's odd, such certainty has never had purchase in my mind, yet it does here. For some time now, I've kept watch of the people who come in and out of my life. Unfortunately, many have been under a scrutinizing, skeptic lens. Wary of their legitimacy, their truth... but I have been looking out for someone as my mentor did me. I feel compelled, even though I am far too young, far too inexperience, far too naive, to impart what little I know to another. Deep, my connection to Nemea spiritually. I watch over Her temple, safeguard Her message, and devote myself to Her as wholly as I can. I've never expected much, just Her embrace as Her child. I've never had a mother, only Her. I imagine many aren't aware. So often now are these truths about me forgotten: I am a healer, I am an author, I am a holy mage, I am a champion, and I-

Am Radiant in Her love and glow.
[Image: bdc0512004ac528dc45e2b29200dd699.png] 
My favorite part about Delphina is the lack in structure for such worship. I am no leader, we have no church, and I am no one particularly special... but I can potentially be a guide and mentor should anyone feel a little lost as to where to start. My faith in Her is all I'm sure in. I hope this letter finds who it should, and if it's no one, then I will live and walk as I had. It is my promise to my people and to Nemea that I will carve a path forward to Elfame, land of the butterfly's last flight, when others could not. Decades in the making, it will be my greatest act of devotion to Her, and I hope others feel their faith renewed, feel their faith challenged.

Maybe it is lofty and ambitious, but it is something I am wholly prepared to fail at should that be the case. Thank you again for reading and I truly hope this reaches those who are ready to embark on such a journey. My mentor, King Camino de Caewynn, is often so occupied with his role and duty to our people and Nemea. Parts of me hope I can ease the pressure just a bit... I am not as learned as he and his [de facto] duties are not something I could ever replace. I am here, as always, should you have faith in me; We are Her children after all.

Sincerely,
Sunsets over Moonlight
[Image: c4a08664418e2eb3e051e4cdb40b7131.jpg]
♒︎ - Iberl - 5th Month, 2100 AC

Opposed to those intimate letters found mostly throughout Delphina, the fully blossomed Luminary ensures the following words are heard by all of Meranthe. It can be seen as Delphina's solidified stance in previous announced affairs within the realm, or the Luminary's own change in personal opinion:

To any capable magi, to anyone with regrets, to mercenaries in it for a quick buck, my offer to you is simple:

100,000 coins

In exchange for any notable occultist, cambion or kaor demon brought directly to Luminary Sunsets over Moonlight.

ALIVE

To those with any interest in turning themself in willingly, such is no cheap trick
yet you will be under Delphina's mercy nonetheless.
You will retain your life,
willing or captive.

Sincerely,
Luminary Sunsets over Moonlight

[ Fulfilled ]
[Image: 39c26c279eef272d44ed40a6ef097c26.png]
♎︎ - Sae - 2nd Month
2111 AC
☼ ☾ ☼

Simple flyers find boards around Delphina. Decorative and almost telling of its maker, the style floral and a little melancholy, Luminary Sunsets over Moonlight calls those of Nemea, those interested and those even a little curious. It extends, barely, to nearby larger outposts of friendly aligned nations:

"Life is best understood in cycles. Life and death, time trekking onward, peace and war. All at once, it is difficult to understand and grasp. Once broken down, not too neatly, but seen as it truly is, these transitions are eased. Join me at Nemea's shrine for a rite of my design and for a short lesson in Her cycles.

You will hear from yourself in five years. Come prepared with deep reflections of your life as it is now, how it was and what it will be. Who are you? What is it you value? What do you hope to accomplish? Winter, both quiet and bitter. We will embrace its silence and reflect fondly on what is to come.

It is simple. Guided by myself, you will write to yourself five years from today."

Such is no grand festival, but a gathering of those eager to reflect.

☼ ☾ 

Time: 3/28 Thurs 7P EST
[Image: b521b8e688bff06f2cd1b0429462d8ad.png]
π - Yiel - 9th Month
2121AC
☼ ☾ ☼

The temple hums a sweet song, hymns of Her sung by independent devoted, their wings fluttering out of unison, yet creating a melody all its own. Her choir at different stages, growths, learning different lessons. Bits of the song finds Her halls, cleaned better than usual, open to Her children.

Her Luminary takes to the temple, sat on its floor and speaking to some- no sermon, but a lesson in favored, practiced, polished arts of a expression:

"Connectivity, understanding, compassion- Her gentle nature. Sit and listen to its song with me."

Luminary Sunsets over Moonlight beckons Delphinan residents to the temple, the light bright, perhaps a little cryptic. A seldom held lesson of sorts, one in their outlook and application of the holy arts through a Nemean angle specifically. Typical one-on-one teachings have been opened to those interested in joining. Subsequent lessons likely to follow:
. . .
Lesson One: Understanding the land and self (6/6 12P EST)
Lesson Two: Connecting to the land and self
Lesson Three: Applying the land to the self and blessing 
 . . .
Time: 12p EST Thurs 6/6
Location: Nemea's Temple, Summer Room (Western Wing, Second Door) (550, 800)
[Image: cb9dd72403b90bae3d8fc519b5bd7c95.png]
[Image: 39c26c279eef272d44ed40a6ef097c26.png]
⚶ - Geist - 1st Month
2123AC
☼ ☾ ☼
Temple Cleansing
Winter Rites

Something has not felt right. Damage was swiftly repaired, the ceremony room and eastern wing closed for several weeks to comb through it all. Floorboards replaced, masonries contracted, glass cut and fitted. For a while, several cycles at this point, Nemea's temple operated normally... but something felt off to its localized keeper. As if wandering its halls still had echoes of demonic howls, a memory of victory stained in unspoken ways. Following an interruption of a particular ritual by an ambitious group of wolves and witches, the temple just hasn't felt right! Is it paranoia? Anxiety? No matter what, the phantom stench did not leave the air, so the Luminary took it into their own hands:

It is no sermon that guides the cleansing, no traditional lesson nor conventional approach. Delphina's citizens, especially the realm's Faeborne, are invited into the space, flowers foraged for the occasion, delicate twigs of perdegrine scattered about, rite prepared. Simple, faith and comradery, family and bonding in face of the wicked phantom energy the Luminary believes to linger in the air.
 . . . 
''Bring a friend, meet another.
Be open to connection.
Sharing in warmth this winter
in banishment of what lurks unseen.''
. . . 
Not so grand as other cleansings, but a small affair fit for Delphinans. Those interested in a deeper understanding of Nemea or Delphinan culture are encouraged to consider attendance.

Time: 6p EST Weds 6/19
Location: Nemea's Temple, Spring Ceremony Room (Eastern Wing, Second Door) (550, 800,1)

[Image: cb9dd72403b90bae3d8fc519b5bd7c95.png]
Topic Options