ludsterPlayer made Dev Mats
What's up gang. As someone who has been making uniques for a lot of people on my current character, I've come to realize (from their rants and stuff) that getting dev mats can be problematic if you A. Can't find a DM to run your events, B. Your events take forever to happen, C. Both, or D. You're always the DM.

Thus, I feel like a system where players can make their own dev mats (similar to apping for uniques) would work. I have two versions to suggest on how this system would work.

Version 1. Automated.
Make it function like making a weapon or armor where a player can choose from a pool of sprites, name their material, and add a description. This would add the tag "Dev Item" to the created piece.

Make it so that this would be an appable recipe available for Artificers and Alchemists (with an expected rule that the material made would be catered to their chosen and mastered profession only) and have the cooldown of maybe 2 IC years.

Version 2. Journal
Nice and simple. Make it appable much like how uniques are apped for but done and reviewed at a faster rate. Though the process might take longer, it will probably be more streamlined and looked over at least for quality control and what-not.

I figured integrating a system like this should help crafters that are trying to make uniques or special potions not take forever if they were the type to wait for events just to get dev mats. also more mini impromptu world events like in spires that gives dev mats
[Image: 6VjQGd5.png]
Version 3. A regular public sale of dev materials

Before timeskip there was a character, Miss Matilda, who offered development materials and rare event stuff for in-game coins. Local magnates bought out her wares, but still it was a great idea. I had idea of going that way, I'd enjoy playing such character, but a there are some difficulties: you need to be aware of current meta (for example, crystal is not currently popular, so crystal-themed dev items won't be sold), a close cooperation with admins is required (you need to get dev materials in your inventory before selling it).
Topic Options