PenguinPenguin DM
Event: Shifting Mines

Responsiveness: The Narrates were very well prepared and dished out in a timely manner. I never felt like I was waiting long for a response at all, and everything was very well thought out in each response. I didn't need clarification on anything, and didn't feel the need to ask any questions. It was very well worded and clear.

Balance: The balance of the event was fair. It started out at easy and ended at very difficult and made me SWEAT. I love that! You could totally feel the EC power levels change!

Storytelling: This was my favorite part of the event. Not only did it tug on my heart strings OOCly, but it was amazing dev for Sayenia and what she would like to do with her life.  Sayenia is selfless, kind and very loving toward the innocent. But she is also very skittish, fearful, and timid. Putting her into a position where she had to choose between letting an innocent soul suffer, or her own life? Top tier dev. I will never forget that moment. It was insane and SO meaningful!

Fairness: No complaints about this one. Even if I am a tree hugger and had to hide in the corner LOL

Event Highlight: The craziest moment was when the innocent soul was taken and thrown into that vortex! Having to decide if we wanted to jump in to save her, or possibly die?! Crazy stuff. I dove in head first.

Overall: 10/10 Absolutely no complaints. We had to work for our rewards, but there was also a lot of life development opportunities to be had here.

Any other comments:

Please run my next event, I need these good stories in my life. <3 They bring me so much joy.
Character: Oliphr Ishiko
Which Event: Mystery of the Shifting Mines

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Narrations were great and timely, didn't take long for one post to be up, even to some of the more unique things that happened during the event.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Started weak, ended DIFFICULT. 100% like boss fights ramping up for each stage beaten.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I legitimately cried for parts of the story- I am very into the honorful gaining honor and peace- to help miners trapped for about 300 years find peace in the afterlife and fighting the Shengese general from the War of a Million to put his soul to rest- I get goosebumps just recalling it.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Definitely, lot of Ancient Shengese related materials for a mine that hadnt been visited since the 1800s AC and it reflected the story well. If I could have taken one more material, it would have been hell to decide which one I'd want as well- they were all so cool!

Event Highlight: The event helped my character get over some trauma from the loss of basically everyone he cared about- not all of it, but a significant enough part of it.

Overall: 10/10, good puzzle, good story, good fights, amazing sprites.

Any other comments: Definitely gonna ask Penguin if I have another event I need ran.
Character: Lily H. Akatsuki
Event: The Mystery of the Shifting Mines

Responsiveness: I can only count one time where the flow felt interrupted, and that was because Penguin had to improvise the script slightly due to time constraints. Everything else flowed super smoothly!
Balance: Considering the fact that our party was spread out between 205 and 240, Everything felt significantly balanced. A lot of boss NPCs were incredibly powerful, but with telegraphed attacks that were feasible to dodge. Granted, the final encounter was designed to keep PCs from getting close, and my build involves getting close to land attacks, but besides that, it was incredibly well put together!
Storytelling: IT WAS THE COOLEST ADVENTURE I'VE HAD WHILE PLAYING MERANTHE AND I'M SO GLAD I GOT TO COME WITH THE PARTY!! HISTORY! MYSTERY! ADVENTURE! STAKES! COOL LOOT WITH LORE!! YESYESYES!!
Fairness: Again, the final boss NPC was designed to be hell to stay close to, and my build was designed to stay close and punish for not breaking away, so that resulted in me earning a perm. However, I figured that out after the first round of combat, and decided to risk it anyways for the sake of engagement and a fun story, so the fault is mine. Otherwise, Every encounter felt challenging, but in a way where any mistakes made were my own, rather than questionable boss mechanics. Super fun!
Event Highlight: JUMPING INTO A PORTAL TO THE VOID TO SAVE A LITTLE GHOST GIRL
Overall: Yeah, it was alright. I guess. Heart
Any other comments: HIRE THIS FLIGHTLESS BIRD DO IT NOW YOU'LL REGRET IT FOREVER IF YOU DON'T
Topic Options