Let's talk about Stalls!
(07-28-2021, 11:06 PM)Enginseer-42 Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 10:11 PM)Kyratio Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 10:01 PM)SirPenguin Wrote: We did a cleanse like two or three days ago. and most of those stalls that you  point out as you said restock weekly-daily, twice a week, three-time a week, we can't really force players to be always on top of all of their shops for the following reason:

1.- It's a game.
2.- Sometimes people are struggling to play the game, rp, farm reagents and it takes them more time to refill their shop, and it's not fair to push them because they don't have 10+ or more hours to get online to spend it farming and then restock rapidly their shops. 
3.-Everybody has their own time.

Of course, this doesn't excuse people that neglect their shops for 2 or more weeks, which is not the case most of the time.

Yes! I pointed out that there are a few there that restock occasionally, but a surprising amount of those actually don't from what I've seen as- I'm a regular market goer. To name a few, Goods and Chattels, Unknown Building, Aries' Eats, General Store (well, I see their stock change so maybe? But it's always low.), Imagine's Items, Joyous Wares, Almost Alchemist Barbara, Aencient Alchemy, and New Cheap Ratty Deals! 

Mind you, I'm not considering adding 1-3  items every few days as a restock. I see these shops consistently low on supplies or having items unpriced/overpriced in that they will practically never sell.

To add to this, there are a few completely new shops that people bought and aren't even really using after the newest update!

While yes, it's a game, and yes everyone has their own time and others are struggling, you can't tell me every single one of these fall into the category of irl problems. Yes, some of them are, and it's completely understandable. But many of them also, are not, and are just people using them because they want a stall even though they only have trash to sell. Like, c'mon. There's even two new shops that opened up under the same name, so clearly there's a group working together- and their stock still leaves a lot to be desired!

I literally made Aencient Alchemy yesterday and stocked it with what I had on hand with prices I literally picked out of a hat because I didn't have time to run around and check every shop in the game, it literally *cannot* have had 'frequent problems' because it just came into existence.

It's low because I noticed it open after having either used, sold, or gifted most of my potions to people in recent days.

People have lives outside of running a fictional IG Economy and a shop being 'full' doesn't mean it's good.

You should check out my later post where I said I also included quite a few new shops! It's fine to have weird prices, as long as you fix them! Also, yes! People do have lives outside of Eternia, as do I. But I also realize I could play this game for 2 hours a day and still easily run a functioning stall and keep it well stocked with at least a page full every three days!

I'm not overlooking what you said about recently having given out your potions, I'm just stating that a lot of people are absolutely slacking on their shops, or just getting them for no reason. If you're not in that category, don't feel attacked! I screenshot SO many shops not to target them, but to make a point at how many shops there are around Esshar that are just sad to look at.
[Image: Smug_Thyme.png]
basically i just want to see merchants deadly 6 for shop space
Quote:You should check out my later post where I said I also included quite a few new shops!
You should just remove the new shops from your example then. 

Especially since it seems most of the ones you posted are.
(07-28-2021, 11:24 PM)ferrettamer Wrote: basically i just want to see merchants deadly 6 for shop space

Suggestion:

Add the names of owners to their stalls so that we can find them and deadly six them if they aren't stocking.
[Image: unknown.png]
I mean you can just ask the rulers of the city to repo the shop. If it's genuinely not being used, they should be happy to.
biweekly Danger-minimum tournaments to decide shop ownership are the only way forward on this matter.
(07-29-2021, 12:17 AM)ferrettamer Wrote: biweekly Danger-minimum tournaments to decide shop ownership are the only way forward on this matter.

I unironically want a settlement that's run like this

Just constant, needless violence to determine domestic affairs
[Image: unknown.png]
(07-29-2021, 12:34 AM)Simonh2000 Wrote: I unironically want a settlement that's run like this

Just constant, needless violence to determine domestic affairs

The Fireblooded.

And Aesirheim, if you're a Kaarkian.
(07-28-2021, 10:43 PM)Milly Wrote: If you have so much stuff to sell why don't you open your home and put up a shopkeeper in your house?

One, from an RP perspective, it's wierd to let people into my home and potentially snoop around my bedroom just to access a shop.

Two, from a mechanical perspective, opening my home to people would let anyone use my good anvil freely, with no log of it.
Topic Options