Spell Balance Suggestions
(11-26-2022, 07:32 PM)Avee Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 06:56 PM)Lt. Heart Wrote: Honestly Fatal doing 18 upfront and 4 more overtime for a 22 md spell at basic is kinda nutty. Armed as a whole is a tree with 12+ md spells across the board, wouldn't 16 have been more justifiable then making it on par in upfront dmg with a masterspell[arc of devastation]

Love fatal been using it off and on since E3 and never really thought it needed a buff in the first place...

Just dodge it.

also buff melee
In truth I use fatal, I was only saying I think it was pushed over the top with the 18 md change, 16 really woulda made more sense but yeah just saying its overtuned.

(11-26-2022, 07:50 PM)Iceshadow Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 06:56 PM)Lt. Heart Wrote: Honestly Fatal doing 18 upfront and 4 more overtime for a 22 md spell at basic is kinda nutty. Armed as a whole is a tree with 12+ md spells across the board, wouldn't 16 have been more justifiable then making it on par in upfront dmg with a masterspell[arc of devastation]

Love fatal been using it off and on since E3 and never really thought it needed a buff in the first place...

don’t u out gear everyone by afking in mines/dungeons day 1 to get full arc gear or smth

id prolly be saying the same thing if all my shit was top tier ultra/uniques lol

Day 1? lol Okay, I mean yeah I got good gear and such but I don't see how that has anything to do with it. IM just saying in gerneral fatal a bit overpowered atm and thats me as a fatal user not only using it but observing it aswell.

YOu gotta admit 10-12k dmg as a basic is rather insane.
Prebuff the numbers are
14 initial + 6 bleed for a total of 20sd

Post buff is
18 initial + 4 bleed for a total of 22sd

Fatal had the damage regardless, just not front loaded. Landing fatal didn't become easier. The spell doesn't move faster. Nor did it get a cooldown decrease. You're just allowed to actually benefit from a crit on the front loaded damage in a large way. If fatal was really overtuned, we'd see more armed magi but......

You know how that goes.
[Image: RqMw9Wf.png]
Flameslide desperately needs a nerf

There's no reason it should chunk a quarter of my damn health when it's both a mobility option AND easier to land than a beam to begin with. If anything in fire needed a buff it was fireball, or overheat. Flameslide was amazing even BEFORE the buff.
(11-27-2022, 01:57 AM)Simonh2000 Wrote: Flameslide desperately needs a nerf

There's no reason it should chunk a quarter of my damn health when it's both a mobility option AND easier to land than a beam to begin with. If anything in fire needed a buff it was fireball, or overheat. Flameslide was amazing even BEFORE the buff.

what mobility option?

also, its easy to dodge flame slide if u can use space dash.

only time i got hit by flameslide was because of pyro-- 

lol
(11-27-2022, 01:30 AM)MuscleWizzard Wrote: Prebuff the numbers are

Post buff is

Fatal had the damage regardless, just not front loaded. Landing fatal didn't become easier. The spell doesn't move faster. Nor did it get a cooldown decrease. You're just allowed to actually benefit from a crit on the front loaded damage in a large way. If fatal was really overtuned, we'd see more armed magi but......

You know how that goes.

I am aware of the numbers of before and after but front loading it as such wasnt really needed + at 22 sd it does more dmg than most masters as a basic
(11-27-2022, 02:37 AM)Lt. Heart Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 01:30 AM)MuscleWizzard Wrote: Prebuff the numbers are

Post buff is

You know how that goes.

I am aware of the numbers of before and after but front loading it as such wasnt really needed + at 22 sd it does more dmg than most masters as a basic
fight as a melee
see how many times you land fatal
there's ur answer...
a mfer ever lands a fatal on me, I think "yeah I gotta focus"

a mfer ever lands a diagonal fatal on me? yeah, just /surrender
[Image: image.png?ex=6547aa08&is=65353508&hm=f3a...54dc6db9e&]

As a flame slide enthusiast, it's pretty hard to land if you're fighting an opponent with half a braincell, and given the amount of points you need to put into useless Fire basics to gain access to it.. Plasma looks so much better in comparison! Strike. Overcharge. Tesla. Plasma Leap. For like 10 less RPP you gain 4 spells that do what you say Flame Slide can do, and more.
[Image: image.png][Image: image.png]
(11-27-2022, 03:06 AM)RainIsABirb Wrote:

As a flame slide enthusiast, it's pretty hard to land if you're fighting an opponent with half a braincell, and given the amount of points you need to put into useless Fire basics to gain access to it.. Plasma looks so much better in comparison! Strike. Overcharge. Tesla. Plasma Leap. For like 10 less RPP you gain 4 spells that do what you say Flame Slide can do, and more.

Useless fire basics are a separate issue entirely (that needs solving, #justiceforfireball), but subtrees aren't '10 less rpp'. You have to buy the attunement first, so you're still paying 50 total to get into it anyways. I have jab and even plasma leap, but if I use either of them to jump past flameslide, it still hits me anyways. 16 SD is such an insane amount of damage to give a move with fire ticks on top of that.
It’s been said on numerous occasions that one should look at an entire tree when determining balance for that tree. The existence of “bad” (although I have contention with any auto-hit slow needing buffs except maybe mind fray) basics needed to get intermediates is absolutely related.

Flameslide also is not easy to hit unless you have something like pyro or whip setup but if we’ve learned anything it’s that GCDE stuns are more the problem in that, than the existence of high damage, difficult to hit, spells.
Topic Options