VolatileSome Quality of Life Changes.
Honestly?

Dimmie is right.

Remove /RPP!
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Meh keep it
[Image: unknown.png]
Just make it a toggle so that people can decide between the two. Its up to the person to dictate whether /rpp affects their experience or not.
And the effect of "/rpp addiction" can range depending on the person using it.
(03-22-2020, 12:37 AM)TheProwlingScorcher Wrote: Just make it a toggle so that people can decide between the two. Its up to the person to dictate whether /rpp affects their experience or not.
And the effect of "/rpp addiction" can range depending on the person using it.

Giving people the personal option between disabling or enabling /rpp won't do anything to stop the "/rpp addiction" thing.
(03-22-2020, 12:44 AM)Avajain Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:37 AM)TheProwlingScorcher Wrote: Just make it a toggle so that people can decide between the two. Its up to the person to dictate whether /rpp affects their experience or not.
And the effect of "/rpp addiction"  can range depending on the person using it.

Giving people the personal option between disabling or enabling /rpp won't do anything to stop the "/rpp addiction" thing.
People can decide whether that aspect would affect their gameplay or not. I believe that this system shouldn't be affected for all because of those
that allow a lack of self-control to affect their roleplay.

Alternatively. Perhaps the select few can Ahelp to make this function a permanent one.
Giving "addicts" the option to use /rpp or not doesn't help them. It will hinder them because they'll get an itch and be able to scratch it (i.e: turning it on).

That isn't how you help addicts. That's akin to going, "Well they can choose to continue taking drugs and decide if that affects their lives or not".

Just take it out.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
(03-22-2020, 12:55 AM)Milly Wrote: Giving "addicts" the option to use /rpp or not doesn't help them. It will hinder them because they'll get an itch and be able to scratch it (i.e: turning it on).

That isn't how you help addicts. That's akin to going, "Well they can choose to continue taking drugs and decide if that affects their lives or not".

Just take it out.
Then allow them to Ahelp. And have that function be permanent for THEM.
(03-22-2020, 12:58 AM)TheProwlingScorcher Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 12:55 AM)Milly Wrote: Giving "addicts" the option to use /rpp or not doesn't help them. It will hinder them because they'll get an itch and be able to scratch it (i.e: turning it on).

Just take it out.
Then allow them to Ahelp. And have that function be permanent for THEM.

In regards to this- if you mean having "addicts" a-help to remove the /rpp function, they more than likely won't. If you mean having people a-help to have it enabled in general, then, again, it does nothing- because "addicts" will just a-help to get in enabled.

Regardless of how ineffective that solution would be, it'd probably be somewhat annoying to get a personal /rpp toggle set-up in the first place? I know nothing about the code of the game, but I do know it's usually more complex to have personal toggles saved.

...again, though, having a personal setting for it where it CAN be enabled will do nothing for the "addicts", as Milly said. And I've said. And maybe Dimmie said? I don't remember. I'm tired.
I'm going to play devil's advocate and just suggest that you get a notification once you hit the qualification stage and RPP is simply the timer. It'll gloss over for people who are actually immersed and for the people who wait to see if they qualify like they wait on their next hit of heroin, or whatever, there's equal satisfaction for both parties.

But the core issue lies in the RPP system being an hour. It's too fast paced and it does stress people out. Things do inevitably come down to fighting in most situations unfortunately, and fighting ultimately come downs to numbers. At the end of the day, the person who managed to hit a check every hour consistently compared to the person roleplaying at an average speed and maybe hitting every second, or third, is going to win because of circumstances like that.

Slow down RPP gains to every second or third hour. Having the checks come every hour isn't really necessary and it promotes people sitting down and not stopping. I've had the days where I want to do something but stop because my next check is in ten minutes and I desperately want to hit it to try and stay on top of the game. While it may end up making people slow down once they know they've qualified and have an hour and twenty minutes or something before they're getting their check for it...

If they devolve into shitposting for that matter, which is what the biggest concern is? Punish players for poor RP. We used to dish out okay mods for this behaviour and I will admit that I was a culprit of things in the past. This is a roleplaying community and it really shouldn't be acceptable. 

Finally, Remove the qualification check from /rpp. It's not the end of the world using the command to see when the checking time comes, but I've had the days where after every post I make- and sometimes, even while I wait, I instinctively whip out the /rpp command to see if I'm getting my next 1. Ultimately, I think the way the /rpp command works is almost toxic in that it wires people to wait and see if they're qualified with every post. While not everyone does this, I'm sure a lot of people do and it's poor etiquette for gameplay.

My last suggestion is to simply play an embarrassing tone every time /rpp is typed to induce shame if nothing truly changes
(03-22-2020, 01:02 AM)Trenton Wrote: I'm going to play devil's advocate and just suggest that you get a notification once you hit the qualification stage and RPP is simply the timer. It'll gloss over for people who are actually immersed and for the people who wait to see if they qualify like they wait on their next hit of heroin, or whatever, there's equal satisfaction for both parties.

But the core issue lies in the RPP system being an hour. It's too fast paced and it does stress people out. Things do inevitably come down to fighting in most situations unfortunately, and fighting ultimately come downs to numbers. At the end of the day, the person who managed to hit a check every hour consistently compared to the person roleplaying at an average speed and maybe hitting every second, or third, is going to win because of circumstances like that.

Slow down RPP gains to every second or third hour. Having the checks come every hour isn't really necessary and it promotes people sitting down and not stopping. I've had the days where I want to do something but stop because my next check is in ten minutes and I desperately want to hit it to try and stay on top of the game. While it may end up making people slow down once they know they've qualified and have an hour and twenty minutes or something before they're getting their check for it...

If they devolve into shitposting for that matter, which is what the biggest concern is? Punish players for poor RP. We used to dish out okay mods for this behaviour and I will admit that I was a culprit of things in the past. This is a roleplaying community and it really shouldn't be acceptable. 

Finally, Remove the qualification check from /rpp. It's not the end of the world using the command to see when the checking time comes, but I've had the days where after every post I make- and sometimes, even while I wait, I instinctively whip out the /rpp command to see if I'm getting my next 1. Ultimately, I think the way the /rpp command works is almost toxic in that it wires people to wait and see if they're qualified with every post. While not everyone does this, I'm sure a lot of people do and it's poor etiquette for gameplay.

My last suggestion is to simply play an embarrassing tone every time /rpp is typed to induce shame if nothing truly changes

i, personally, cannot wait to be shamed every five minutes.
[Image: a1c5821151379249915fc28ad734e73f.png]
Topic Options