Suggestions
(07-21-2023, 02:49 AM)RainIsABirb Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 02:30 AM)chance Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 02:21 AM)Friendly Necromancer Wrote: ...

in my mind part of the "issue" is the lack of archived signature apps relative to things like weapon items. this should of course naturally clear up as characters die and plotlines end, but currently there's only one real combat signature archive i know of. the same could be said for things like wonders, which are also quite rare and nontransparent.
[Image: MYqnJtt.png]
I like smaller rewards, and think we could do with more. The classes are a good example of this (hex, dreamwalking, necromancy summons, medic tree, artisan, etc). Smaller thematic spells that do unique things and encourage unique IC situations are fun, but basic stat buffers (like spectral sight) not so much.
I'd honestly love to see more fluff abilities/smaller spells in the world being used by people.
I'm here to bring out the controversial thoughts. That have nothing to do with signatures.

lemme get my 2nd mastery token when I hit 210 instead of having to have 5 dangers.  >:(

Why, you might ask??

Because most of my characters that I commit to (oophs thats rare tho...) are slow burns (well if I start them out as a kiddo they're slow burns. Next character I can finally start at age 30 and hate the world immediately, maybe some soldier with a one-track mind and a lotta guilt could be fun.)

my current char is 209, 2 dangers.

One was the gluttony WARGH
The second was due to wandering near Skarnfel while gathering herbs

My IC atm is relatively passive in most cases. I do the doctoring, I ponder about certain things. Maybe do a little silent worshiping to deities unknown.

But I've been feeling this itch. To go out and battle 'chad', or battlecuck as the forums likes to change it to... (Note I'm like a mid-tier pvper. I still like pvping. Shoot me.)

My character asked another 'How do you find so much trouble' and his response was 'well it just sort of happens, but why do you want to fight' and I sat there for a few minutes before realizing...

I have no IC to want to fight yet (I plan to start leaning into it when the char is older. Sorry I like traumatizing my kid characters, not shonen style them. It just isn't me. Heck I powered down to lose a spar against a Dorian when they were first starting out just cos it felt more immersive that some giant kid born and made for war would beat my stupid mutt that is scared of things)

I just want to fight to oocly pvp, and get my 5 dangers, so that I can have my second mastery to nab Windwalker or Ribcage.

Ye I'm very honest about that. My inner pvper wants to be at my mechanical 'peak'. Cos I uh, I don't go for signatures very often unless they're the funny underused ones that're usually not-that-great-and-bugged-my-screen (hehehaha ULTRASMASH go brrr)

Give non-combatants or slow-burn style character's some love. Keep signatures hard to get, and let nerds like me get our secondary mastery token for existing. Or better yet...

Make it that people with 5 dangers by RPL 200, get their 2 mastery tokens immediately and early, showing that they're more into the combative aspect (And if they hit 5 before 210 they get that 2nd token early too, as long as they're 200+)

Whereas people with no dangers or below 5 dangers before 210, get 1 token at 200, and the 2nd token at 210.

Anyway I gotta go pray that someone attacks my stupid dog in the wild.

Edit:

Please note I RP a coward, regardless of how mechanically strong she is or isn't. She rarely will attack things on sight in the wild (Maybe Batkin if her racism acts up)
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
(07-21-2023, 03:06 AM)chance Wrote: I like smaller rewards, and think we could do with more. The classes are a good example of this (hex, dreamwalking, necromancy summons, medic tree, artisan, etc). Smaller thematic spells that do unique things and encourage unique IC situations are fun, but basic stat buffers (like spectral sight) not so much.

Spectral Sight is funny in that I'd argue that the fluff of it is more powerful than the signature itself!
It's a gateway to further dev in a lot of ways- spiritmancy or future sight being the common threads leading from it. A very powerful tool, and honestly the main reason I wanted it on Tuule was to say "I have a connection with the spirits" ICly since RPing stuff like that without any sort of actual mechanical/visual indicator for having it is... weird. It was also an important part of my development for my Wildcard application (which, alas, never came to be).

Smaller buffs like that are cool. Spitballing from the concept: A 5 or 10 vitality toggle that has some customizable flavor text to it, based around physical perfection or being an adept shield mage or something, for example.

That's not to say your examples are bad- classes are immensely influential and dope when used correctly. But sometimes a vague and boring-seeming stat buff, when given to the right player (as the applications team should be doing!) can make all the difference.

(07-21-2023, 03:09 AM)SilkiyTea Wrote: lemme get my 2nd mastery token when I hit 210 instead of having to have 5 dangers.  >Sad

In regard to this:

A second mastery to my knowledge is supposed to indicate a seasoned combatant, someone who has experienced enough real battle to truly embrace their mystical art.

From an ooc standpoint, this is supposed to encourage conflict, something which I feel we are terribly lacking in at the moment. This is to be expected; demons are rarer, the big bad guy just died, and we're sort of at an odd point where the more murder-happy factions are winding down from their big conflicts and preparing for the next.

As a collaborative RP game that hinges pretty heavily on the PvP aspect, manufacturing effective IC to fight is important for any good character. Whether that be a dastardly villain going out to collect essence and undeath, a would-be hero putting the sword to a maybe-innocent occultist, or a mercenary willing to take coin to burn down houses, all are contributing to the lovely trauma that makes a well-written character change and grow. To me, it sounds like your character needs some of that beautiful growth...

So maybe from an ooc perspective try and get in some trouble. Teehee.

also there is no such thing as ooc pvp.

edit: woah! that's a weird feature. my forum posts combined.
(07-21-2023, 03:27 AM)RainIsABirb Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 03:06 AM)chance Wrote: I like smaller rewards, and think we could do with more. The classes are a good example of this (hex, dreamwalking, necromancy summons, medic tree, artisan, etc). Smaller thematic spells that do unique things and encourage unique IC situations are fun, but basic stat buffers (like spectral sight) not so much.

Spectral Sight is funny in that I'd argue that the fluff of it is more powerful than the signature itself!
It's a gateway to further dev in a lot of ways- spiritmancy or future sight being the common threads leading from it. A very powerful tool, and honestly the main reason I wanted it on Tuule was to say "I have a connection with the spirits" ICly since RPing stuff like that without any sort of actual mechanical/visual indicator for having it is... weird. It was also an important part of my development for my Wildcard application (which, alas, never came to be).

Smaller buffs like that are cool. Spitballing from the concept: A 5 or 10 vitality toggle that has some customizable flavor text to it, based around physical perfection or being an adept shield mage or something, for example.

That's not to say your examples are bad- classes are immensely influential and dope when used correctly. But sometimes a vague and boring-seeming stat buff, when given to the right player (as the applications team should be doing!) can make all the difference.

(07-21-2023, 03:09 AM)SilkiyTea Wrote: lemme get my 2nd mastery token when I hit 210 instead of having to have 5 dangers.  >Sad

In regard to this:

A second mastery to my knowledge is supposed to indicate a seasoned combatant, someone who has experienced enough real battle to truly embrace their mystical art.

From an ooc standpoint, this is supposed to encourage conflict, something which I feel we are terribly lacking in at the moment. This is to be expected; demons are rarer, the big bad guy just died, and we're sort of at an odd point where the more murder-happy factions are winding down from their big conflicts and preparing for the next.

As a collaborative RP game that hinges pretty heavily on the PvP aspect, manufacturing effective IC to fight is important for any good character. Whether that be a dastardly villain going out to collect essence and undeath, a would-be hero putting the sword to a maybe-innocent occultist, or a mercenary willing to take coin to burn down houses, all are contributing to the lovely trauma that makes a well-written character change and grow. To me, it sounds like your character needs some of that beautiful growth...

So maybe from an ooc perspective try and get in some trouble. Teehee.

also there is no such thing as ooc pvp.

edit: woah! that's a weird feature. my forum posts combined.

I concede, I do prefer random/spontaneous things in my RPs but you're not wrong that some things should be manufactured/orchestrated with other players. For now I still feel an itch for more spontaneous things and to see if stuff can develop from that.

My desire for violence shall not be quenched.

Edit:

I KEEP MISSPELLING WORDS LATELY HELP ME.
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
Make it so when you edit a demon's size (The target shadow circle thingy), that it saves and doesn't reset on logout. Think this'll make it a lot more bearable, and also mean that they can appear as they want to.
We should make it so the Gift of Gab potion doesn't get overwritten by other potions!

Gift of Gab doesn't give any mechanical advantage, but most people don't want to replace it with anything else until it expires because of how important it is.

By implementing this change, I believe we'll see more people use the fun potions like levitation, or even energy!
(07-23-2023, 07:35 AM)PfizerPfish Wrote: We should make it so the Gift of Gab potion doesn't get overwritten by other potions!
could be nice to let a noncombat potion stack with a combat potion. most people are usually on a gab/replenishment/attunement all the time due to length
[Image: MYqnJtt.png]
Occult Energy Shield.

It is worse to use than default Energy Shield and Holy Energy Shield is just a no diff scenario.

Give Occult Energy Shield +30% DR while it's up + the damage reflect, or honest to god, just make it a recolor of default Energy Shield and don't mechanically change it from default.

It's an active liability to use except for the VERY fringe case of Occult DPalm/EShield combo, which is an 80% reflect during the duration that doesn't increase your DR% during it, and that's a whole combo that your opponent can very clearly see you doing the second the imps come out and you slap on your shield.

Please make it worth actually using. I beg.
Topic Options