Spell Balance Suggestions
giving holyflame shroud's tick heal a faster frequency (that maybe includes AP provided power in it's calc) or a trail like the base fire aura that heals allies and damages enemies would give it more identity than it has now when compared to the other holy aligned/fire combo auras

i've been using it for a a pretty long time so far in meranthe and it just feels lackluster when placed next to auras of the same caliber, or even some public mastery auras despite it being a signature culmination of a combo that includes a tree that is not publicly obtainable (i dont know if something is changing in relation to holyflame in the coming update, but i feel like its a sound step in the right directon for it, i also think other similar combination abilities need love Sad )
[Image: c603523eebb1995b6af75201658c5a0c.gif]
(12-28-2022, 11:14 PM)Kiha Wrote: giving holyflame shroud's tick heal a faster frequency (that maybe includes AP provided power in it's calc) or a trail like the base fire aura that heals allies and damages enemies would give it more identity than it has now when compared to the other holy aligned/fire combo auras

i've been using it for a a pretty long time so far in meranthe and it just feels lackluster when placed next to auras of the same caliber, or even some public mastery auras despite it being a signature culmination of a combo that includes a tree that is not publicly obtainable (i dont know if something is changing in relation to holyflame in the coming update, but i feel like its a sound step in the right directon for it, i also think other similar combination abilities need love Sad )

My brother in Ymir, holy fire is one of the strongest auras in the game. It's got 50 pow for heals and a healing tick, why a trail? I cannot in good faith let you lie to yourself like this.
it has no trail currently, that is what i am arguing it should receive
[Image: 75qnb6.jpg]
(12-29-2022, 12:00 AM)LittleFirebird Wrote: [Image: 75qnb6.jpg]

this is misrepresenting the purpose of my post grossly, i am proposing changes to the aura i am using, yes, because i want it to be the best version of itself as i pass it down to my mentee, nice meme though
(12-28-2022, 11:59 PM)Kiha Wrote: it has no trail currently, that is what i am arguing it should receive

I've edited it for posterity, but for clarity.

Primordial Flame: Requires a mastery token, 12AP and a trail. On someone with 300 pow, 12 AP would give 36 pow. This AP does not add to heals, the 50 flat pow does.

Holy Fire: 50 flat pow that applies to heals, AND a heal tick, passive as it might be. Doesn't require a mastery token.
holyflame shroud gives 50 flat power and a tick heal that procs every 3 or 4 seconds, it requires investment in energy, holy, and fire trees, holy requiring an app (albeit not incredibly difficult to achieve) and 10 RPP, so the aura costs 50 RPP in a void where you only have attunements and openers, as well as all the other prerequisites of a signature ability

it's sister aura, shadowflame shroud gives 35 raw power, 5 AP, 10SD dash tiles that have the same duration as the base fire dash tiles and they multi-tick (i could be wrong on some of the statistics it has been a while since i used it)

primordial flame is a public mastery aura now, that requires investment only in fire
(12-29-2022, 12:02 AM)Sanguine415 Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 11:59 PM)Kiha Wrote: it has no trail currently, that is what i am arguing it should receive

Primordial Flame: Requires a mastery token, 12AP and a trail. On someone with 300 pow, 12 AP would give 36 pow. This AP does not add to heals, the 50 flat pow does.

Holy Fire: 50 flat pow that applies to heals, AND a heal tick, passive as it might be. Doesn't require a mastery token.

Not to mention the fact that that flat 50 pow also is affected by %AP bonuses. It's not unusual to have a 15% ap bonus or more depending on toggles and stances, so that bonus goes even higher to around 58 or 60.
[Image: image.png?ex=6547aa08&is=65353508&hm=f3a...54dc6db9e&]
(12-29-2022, 12:12 AM)ACuriousGrey Wrote:

Not to mention the fact that that flat 50 pow also is affected by %AP bonuses. It's not unusual to have a 15% ap bonus or more depending on toggles and stances, so that bonus goes even higher to around 58 or 60.

the 50 power affects the AP, not vice versa, the healing aspect of holyflame is negligible due to the requisite trees having only two complimentary abilities, mend and holy-altered energy shield, everyone knows that mend is lackluster in it's state right now, pre coming changes to holy

as it stands it is not on the same caliber as its sister aura
(12-29-2022, 12:24 AM)Kiha Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 12:12 AM)ACuriousGrey Wrote:

the 50 power affects the AP, not vice versa, the healing aspect of holyflame is negligible due to the requisite trees having only two complimentary abilities, mend and holy-altered energy shield, everyone knows that mend is lackluster in it's state right now, pre coming changes to holy

as it stands it is not on the same caliber as its sister aura
Not to sound like a broken record, but it's wrong to say it is necessary to invest in energy when that's only for the attunement. Many builds require you to get the attunement, and fire is base fire which is strong by itself. One could easily use holy fire with time, nature, crystal, or other myriad healing trees and do wonders. Time heal in particular comes to mind. 

The requirement to invest in holy and fire versus just fire is mitigated by it not needing a mastery point, of which there are only two and opens up to using the usual aura mastery on both a stance and another ability like judgement cannon or another mastery equivalent move.
Topic Options