Spell Balance Suggestions
I love the concept of the spell but yeah its application and functions are really inconsistant and a bit jank, I think the power output tho is about 1-1.5 tho? atleast in its current state is why in my original suggestion there i said 2/2.5[i'd even push towards 3 as its a potential fo 9 md then bleedticks if said suggestion was to be taken]
places my hands on the desk
gives a hot take

HOT TAKE:

Reduce Sword of Heaven's sd from 12sd to 10sd and the number of its follow up ticks by 2-3 from approximately 10.

But Freeter, it's just Cinderflare as Metal or Eviscerate as a Metal Master. What makes them different?

Sword of Heaven can be cast safely from afar, and the follow up ticks land far more consistently than the stationary area left by Cinderflare.
Cinderflare and Eviscerate, while they knockback, also dashes you to their faces and requires that you put your Dash into CD by dashing away in time with it to safely confirm you don't get punished.

But why? Did you get beat by a Metal user?

No. Because it's a Homing from afar with very little wind-up or tell that currently deals approximately 22sd. Everyone who touches Metal eventually decides to get it because of its free high damage potential. By reducing its initial sd to 10 and the number of its follow up ticks to 7-8, the damage is effectively lowered to 17-18sd. Still better than Cinderflare, still better than Eviscerate; not just in raw damage output but how safe it is to use.
lower the range of use too.

btw it's not hot it always needed some adjustment
*Looks at the damage Cinderflare has in comparison, which is 12-13 sd if they get with the damage from the stationary area.*

Any... Any chance we can improve Cinderflare's master a tad for a better comparison?  Blush
(04-13-2023, 04:58 AM)Shelpies Wrote: places my hands on the desk
gives a hot take

HOT TAKE:

Reduce Sword of Heaven's sd from 12sd to 10sd and the number of its follow up ticks by 2-3 from approximately 10.

But Freeter, it's just Cinderflare as Metal or Eviscerate as a Metal Master. What makes them different?

Sword of Heaven can be cast safely from afar, and the follow up ticks land far more consistently than the stationary area left by Cinderflare.
Cinderflare and Eviscerate, while they knockback, also dashes you to their faces and requires that you put your Dash into CD by dashing away in time with it to safely confirm you don't get punished.

No. Because it's a Homing from afar with very little wind-up or tell that currently deals approximately 22sd. Everyone who touches Metal eventually decides to get it because of its free high damage potential. By reducing its initial sd to 10 and the number of its follow up ticks to 7-8, the damage is effectively lowered to 17-18sd. Still better than Cinderflare, still better than Eviscerate; not just in raw damage output but how safe it is to use.

It's about 22 SD as it is right now. I think a fair level would be to take 2 off the initial. That's lower it to 20, which would be 15 per 30 cd which is higher than non-master homings. When you take into consideration that it can be countered/blocked, and avoided with speed-ups and dashes I think a small hit would be best.
(04-13-2023, 05:14 AM)Teemo Wrote:
gives a hot take

HOT TAKE:

It's about 22 SD as it is right now. I think a fair level would be to take 2 off the initial. That's lower it to 20, which would be 15 per 30 cd which is higher than non-master homings. When you take into consideration that it can be countered/blocked, and avoided with speed-ups and dashes I think a small hit would be best.

Nobody's dodging Sword of Heaven with a raw dash. Or a single speedup.  Not often, anyway.
(04-13-2023, 08:30 AM)Left Brain Wrote:
gives a hot take

HOT TAKE:

Nobody's dodging Sword of Heaven with a raw dash. Or a single speedup.  Not often, anyway.

You're not dodging the whole thing. Nearly half the damage comes from ticks, avoiding them is good damage mitigation.
(04-13-2023, 09:06 AM)Teemo Wrote:
(04-13-2023, 08:30 AM)Left Brain Wrote:
gives a hot take

HOT TAKE:

You're not dodging the whole thing. Nearly half the damage comes from ticks, avoiding them is good damage mitigation.

The initial tick is like a 4x4 or a 3x3, you have to be insanely fast or be relatively far away for the position to not be directly on top of you so as not to get hit. Or predict the homing with an invuln. I have a screenshot if you'd like to see the hitbox.

The follow up ticks and the initial damage is kinda nuts rn, with the former being relatively guaranteed if someone isn't running an invuln or sitting still and blocking it.
I am not talking about the initial tick. Nobody should be expected to avoid or invuln the initial tick. I am talking about everything after. It's a sizeable amount of damage that you can avoid.
With an invuln you can.

You have to be insanely fast even then to avoid the 'mini' ticks too. Probably needs to be looked at, they probably have like an aoe hitbox too.
Topic Options