CuriosityaboutMyselfthose poor boars
Hello, I don't want to come in here being rude. Thus I will say that I simply dislike the new update. As an alchemist, I nearly died against Lupin. Do you know how many rabbit's feet we need for an Agility x? 5. Per potion. I long for death please someone, I just want to make Agi X's easier.
i think u are meant to do it in groups instead of low level characters (nowhere near 200) soloing their pot requirements over a couple minutes
(08-09-2022, 01:46 PM)Oyster. Wrote: i think u are meant to do it in groups instead of low level characters (nowhere near 200) soloing their pot requirements over a couple minutes

to add to this sentiment, i think that the mobs being stronger is an ic thing. More incentive for an alchemist to pay a combatant to gather regents or what not. And aside from that, alchemists and otherwise aren’t st so much of a combat disadvantage that it’s worth saying that things should be made easier for them, as they only lose 10 rpp as a consequence.

tldr i think it’s a nice addition to the economy and atmosphere that not all mobs are one shot. brings dimension to gathering aspects.
Okay, I understand wanting to do it in groups and the incentive to do so, but that doesn't explain why they do so much damage. If an alchemist has no friends available or they need a LUDICROUS amount of stuff (IE: Rabbit's Feet), I'm not sure how many people have a group of friends willing to just kill things for over four hours, considering the amount of time it takes to kill these mobs too.

I'm 146 and it took like three minutes for three lupin to die. Not including the time I had to run away to not die.
I mean, even double crafters only lose 20 RPL. 10 if human.

That leaves you with 180 as a soft cap. Which is plenty to get a combat build up unless you *really* need excessive dips.
I deeply encourage PVE and gaining activity from killing monsters. PVE and hunt spots, more than something to do when you dont have any RP to do, are RP hookers. If the PVE is challenging enough it can generate many laughs and stories to talk about with your friends and fuels the IC. Some games basically just need to rely on interesting and dangerous PVE settings to function, even on BYOND, and even if they give levels, they dont necessarily harm the roleplay. Good Game design can make PVE nourish roleplay much more than what Eternia was lastly, where players would generally AFK on the square when they had nothing to do instead of going to kill X mob and stambling on some RP. I already had 3 fights because of/near a boar hunting spot. Not to mention how PVE hubs encourage people to leave cities.

To clarify, Boar hunting functioning for higher levels is ridiculous. It functioning for low levels is OKAY, but not much because theyre no challenge not even for low levels. You see, if you want to add a PVE progression/systems in your game you have to think a lot and be smart about it. X game does with maps of varying level and an EXP cap, Y spreads monsters around the map that only spawn if you trigger them and are also capped by your one char level, etc
Agreed. If advancement is gated behind socializing that's what people will do. And that is *all* they will do. A balance helps to mix things up.
Topic Options