OriAntagonist Resource Systems
(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Dreamspeaker Wrote: >no antags in the game
"nothing to do, this game empty and sucks"

>there are antags now that are supported by mechanics
"why are there antags wtf"

To be fair, I think there's a good balance to reach, and we've far surpassed that point. You can't throw a rock without hitting a walking corpse or cultist at this point, and as someone who's actively outdoors fishing for encounters most of the time, it seems to me like I only see other antags consistently. I never saw this many in e3, and I played that for over a year...
(09-30-2022, 04:55 AM)Illfort Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:53 AM)Raihex Wrote: In my 23 dangers, I have yet to fight someone who didn't accept the Danger 0.

Of course everyone is going to accept it, people are starving for their five dangerous fights. In contrast, would you accept Cap 1 if they offered?

I accepted a deadly as a young teenager in the past.

I think I would as long as the IC fits.

Edit: Nevermind, thinking about it, I'd accept any setting in a heartbeat.

[Image: unknown.png]
(09-30-2022, 04:54 AM)Mallow Wrote: Please do not go back to danger 1 mandatory for skeletons and zombies.

But for those champions? Please do. They're too damn strong.

I'd rather promote for undead to be properly portrayed as characters, doubly so for those that reach champion. If they're merely faceless antagonists with the shallowness of a monster that's forced to take cap 1s then it harms both ends of the equation. This would lead to disappointing deaths for the undead, as well as those that'd call themselves their foes. 

I'd rather promote a better environment for storytelling, so that the ending of a characters story can be with a bit of spice as it reaches that crescendo.
As a current antag...when I do roam I try to meet certain criteria for story pushing.
Have I fought them before?
Are they well known?
Would it be good to their story to encounter an antag to push them along?

If none of these criteria are actually met? I will keep walking and I won't even attack them. At most I will offer people a dangerous one, if the difference in strength is great I will offer to cancel and even go for an aggro (which i have yet to see, everyone is strong and I love it). I have a total of 5 dangers to my name because I wanted to focus on pushing the story rather than collecting other things. I look for a reason to go out most days and make someone's story better But- that's just my hot take on it...

I've lost every single danger i've been in and I will ALWAYS accept a higher cap if there's a history behind the fight. Otherwise? I'm looking to start stories and push them along...aha, but that's just my take on this. Personally? I think the system is fine anyway since...most witch/necromancers upon cap are almost always killed. With very, VERY few acceptions.
[Image: Home.png]
The vampires were right this whole time.
Cock your ears up, rabbits.
(09-30-2022, 04:50 AM)Raihex Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:47 AM)Ori Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:39 AM)Raihex Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Ori Wrote: I don't farm dangers, I never have, tbh. I don't think I've ever provoked a danger once.

A) You walked into a settlement as an undead

B) You were given multiple warnings to leave, and chose to stick around

C) You were the one who picked the danger settings, I would have agg'd you.

I was walking away.

[Image: f4c33f6dba4a826bf50a234f3b5098a9.png]

Here's the whole part that led to the provocation. You didn't include the part where you blew me off, and the way you worded it implies that you were totally ignoring us.
(09-30-2022, 05:00 AM)Ori Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:39 AM)Raihex Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:36 AM)Ori Wrote: I don't farm dangers, I never have, tbh. I don't think I've ever provoked a danger once.

I was walking away.

Here's the whole part that led to the provocation. You didn't include the part where you blew me off, and the way you worded it implies that you were totally ignoring us.

Yes, I was.

(09-30-2022, 04:58 AM)CuriousCat Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:54 AM)Mallow Wrote: Please do not go back to danger 1 mandatory for skeletons and zombies.

I'd rather promote for undead to be properly portrayed as characters, doubly so for those that reach champion. If they're merely faceless antagonists with the shallowness of a monster that's forced to take cap 1s then it harms both ends of the equation. This would lead to disappointing deaths for the undead, as well as those that'd call themselves their foes. 

I'd rather promote a better environment for storytelling, so that the ending of a characters story can be with a bit of spice as it reaches that crescendo.

I feel like I’ve been here before…

Nephilim's though...?
ur.com/vcmm6[Image: SwES7N6.gif]
(09-30-2022, 05:01 AM)Raihex Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 05:00 AM)Ori Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 04:39 AM)Raihex Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

I was walking away.

Yes, I was.

Then don't get mad about acting like a prick and ignoring demands to leave and then rolling 1 on settings you picked. It was entirely a problem of your own making.
Topic Options
Thread Closed