Callen200New /Yell command?
Hear me out, their has been times when you are in a room and sometimes you want people around you to hear you and save/join in.. well thats why i purpose a  or /Yell command, where it should be treated as a /flee or an attempt for Help

if you are caught in the wilderness and want people to help you, You would do /Yell  and it should open a RP box and would post an RP allowing people like a Pursue to here something along the lines of 

*You hear someone Yell 92 Tiles to the East seems like*

and this in Theory would say you are getting jumped by undead, you can Yell for Help and HOPE someone comes and Hears you plees for Help, but this could also be bad.. what if another undead heard you and just came to aid their friend.. you just outed yourself.. This could be used to prevent Captures and even Room/house moments where you need help inside a building. granted would be a basic rule to not Spam it.. and you should get one /Yell and one /Flee, in the case of a fight.. Granted a base Tile distance would be need to discussed if coded in.. 

any very minor topic would be.. leaning in on a door to hear.. smaller Talking.. could be used to also join scenes, but perhaps the Talking inside could be muffled, just some ideas i would think would make Scenes and preventing captures or moments more fun.. i mean you got a voice right? Yell for help!
[Image: d9c6960a5b566695cad6ea9a88437fce.png]
The idea is not bad but.. People already show up when a scene is happening anyways.
It's a neat idea, but I don't think it's necessary.
Having something like that added would very much prevent the level of danger in the world and possibly lower antag activity as in to no longer encourage encounters. It's not really a bad idea, if that's what you had in mind, but be wary that it would likely make the game more casual.

As such- I wouldn't like something like this to be accessible. Perhaps something that one could use if they consume a mandrake speech or a potion of a kind, or a skill/passive acquired throught something hard.
My problem with this idea is that the map is supposed to be a continent, we can just move between cities so damn fast cause we can run at 40+ miles per hour. So unless your yell can be heard from miles and miles away, the distance this should be accessible would probably just be whats on screen for most people anyways.
Could make this a thing with Mandrake potions. Drink one, call for help, if no help arrives, have to fight with mandrake in system instead of another potion.
The mandrake potion idea sounds like a good tradeoff, making it harder to fight if no one comes to assist, but it makes it more likely someone will come to help you.
[Image: image.png?ex=6547aa08&is=65353508&hm=f3a...54dc6db9e&]
(11-02-2022, 05:28 PM)AmazinPew Wrote: Could make this a thing with Mandrake potions. Drink one, call for help, if no help arrives, have to fight with mandrake in system instead of another potion.

You know what i like this idea better would give Mandrakes an actual use rather than fluff

(11-02-2022, 04:05 AM)Oicha Wrote: My problem with this idea is that the map is supposed to be a continent, we can just move between cities so damn fast cause we can run at 40+ miles per hour. So unless your yell can be heard from miles and miles away, the distance this should be accessible would probably just be whats on screen for most people anyways.

True i can feel that, granted having a scene behind a door and wanting someone to be able to hear it outside and Break in to rescue or something would be a neat feature but alas.. it is a continent

(11-02-2022, 03:29 AM)Tautology Wrote: Having something like that added would very much prevent the level of danger in the world and possibly lower antag activity as in to no longer encourage encounters. It's not really a bad idea, if that's what you had in mind, but be wary that it would likely make the game more casual.

As such- I wouldn't like something like this to be accessible. Perhaps something that one could use if they consume a mandrake speech or a potion of a kind, or a skill/passive acquired throught something hard.

Everything i just said i love it! honestly i want Antag activity.. just i feel like you would be able to call for help or hear someone scream, but at the same time so would other antags, i think everyone agrees the mandrake potion is the best idea, perhaps to increase your RP range?
[Image: d9c6960a5b566695cad6ea9a88437fce.png]
Topic Options