KihaMoonlighting
[Image: 8b133b1a73bf198abfe6b97a6495a8d8.gif]

They must think it is easy. Picking up a gun, firing a spell, all that is easy when the target is someone or something that wants you and everything you love to suffer and die. It is easy when you dehumanize them. When you don't know them. Their stories. When they haven't seen your eyes or know your voice. Maybe I'm a coward hiding behind a mask. Pulling a trigger only because they can't see the face I'm making underneath it. 

Or maybe I'm becoming something terrible. I can pull the trigger when I know their story. That's bad, isn't it?

But does their actions make it okay? Do mistakes justify the course of action and absolve me of being just as much a sinner as them? I know the sound of my rifle better than the voice of my father. Hel, I can barely remember his face. If mother was still alive would she approve of the actions I've committed? The blood I've spilt and the face I wear? No matter how far I go or how much I make the world bend I can't outrun myself. I can't hide from the man in the mirror.

I need a minute to breathe.

[Image: c603523eebb1995b6af75201658c5a0c.gif]
Topic Options