Poll: Would you like to see this done?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
95.24%
20 95.24%
No
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TheoriThe Historical Record Project
Okay, so, this idea is pretty simple, and I feel it'll be both widely beneficial for newer players, and something that lets people feel like they've had a little bit more of an impact on game history. What I'm thinking about is what I'm calling the 'Historical Record Project', and its pretty simple. Essentially, we create a forum thread for each decade as it begins, and whilst the decade is ongoing, people can submit public  (if this happens, I'd imagine metagaming private stuff into it would be equivalent to ingame metagaming) events that occurred during that decade. Events in this context are things like festivals, tournaments, notable arrests, notable deaths, notable promotions (like someone becoming an Exarch or above-type rank), as well as any particularly interesting rumours and of course world events. At the end of the decade, the submitted events are reviewed, and the ones considered to match the criteria are put into a wiki page of the decade. Also, just to clarify, this would ideally be a project for the larger playerbase rather than an extra thing for admins to worry about

The benefits of doing this would be making the game a lot more approachable for new players (When I first started Eternia, the sheer scale of a player driven roleplay world that had existed for x amount of years led to me bouncing off it, and only returning half a year later, which was a shame considering how much I actually enjoyed Eternia once I started properly understanding what was going on), making it easy for people to get up to speed on recent events they might have missed due to breaks in playing, and just straight up making it possible to see tangible evidence of the history of the game, rather than just relying on stories from older players.

I've been considering this idea for a while (since as far back as Spires when I had returned and was struggling to figure out what I'd missed, just ask Lindah), and I figure that with the fresh start CoE provides, its the perfect time for it.

Anyways, I'm also looking for suggestions/feedback for the idea, so feel free to leave your thoughts!
I approve of this in about everyway and wanted something like this in spires as well, I'd be happy to assist in this project and would try to update things in a public thread if no one else would. At least as best as possible, should it include zipped up logs of the event?

Hopefully from many perspectives?
HELL YES.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: Fn81wCh.png]
I would upvote if I could.
+1
This would be cool to see.
Definitely would be cool to see
[Image: unknown.png]
Think this would be cool to see/something fun to do leading up to the launch! Support most definitely.
I'd imagine with an academy being a focus and so much light shed on scholars and academics this should be easily done.
Honestly, I kind of prefer having to ask people or find out what's been going on IC. Simply because you get all kinds of spin.
Topic Options