mat13295Bedside manner
A woman of red paces from within a simple tent. A tent filled with medical instruments laid upon a table on one end, a medical cot on the other and a workshop in a corner. And eventually, they come to face a mirror in another corner. They pace in circles in front of it, muttering to herself ina hushed voice.
"...It's just /talking/ you'll...Be fine. Just look in the mirror and practise...You're a doctor. Talking to people is...Part of that." They reassure their panicky self before heaving their shoulders and letting out a harsh sigh. "Just...Smile. Stare at the eyes...And speak. It's not hard. Everyone else can do it. Why are you so-" The Doctor shakes her head as she walks closer. She closes her eyes before taking in a deep breathe.
-
Their eyes open, staring forth into the nervous reflection staring back at them. Their lips struggle to lift up into a very strained smile as blue eyes fearfully stare into the eyes starign back at them. "H-Hi-Hi. I-I'll B-Be your D-Do..." She stops, her shoulders slouch as she looks away. "No, that's not it...!" She lets out an exasperated sigh of annoyance. "...Again."
-
The tense smile is worn once again, eyes locking. And a stammering voice catches within her throat once again. The smile widens as they attempt once more to speak. "H-Hello-...Nff..." She stops as she walks away from the mirror. "Why is it-...Winter. Muscles contract more to preserve lost heat in the cold- That...Must be why my smile...Is wrong-right?"
-
A lie told in half. Indeed, muscles could be stiff during the colder months, especially when living in the wilds.
"T...That has to be it. Just...K-Keep working on it...Mum lied a lot...She had to be lying about you being broken too..."
-
-
"..."
-
-
"Right...?"
Topic Options