TeemoNerf Armed
I can’t respect this thread because it was started by a sand mage. Sorry armed is rewarding when it’s don’t well. That’s the trade off for not having AoEs win the fight for you.

PS I agree on the hidden armed stances doing to much and the phys Stat on weapons doing to little.
(02-18-2020, 06:10 PM)CurledSpiral Wrote: PS I agree on the hidden armed stances doing to much and the phys Stat on weapons doing to little.

This has been fixed. It adds power to melee abilities, as intended.
(02-18-2020, 06:05 PM)Prestige Wrote: My numbers are all from the game. I check them before I post them here, obviously. So yes, AoEs (The big ones, that is. They're the "oppressive" ones after all) are 40 secs of cd.

Pstrikes was... Nerfed, recently. As in, it was even stronger before. I am not sure why it wasn't good in your opinion, but I assure you, it was.

I also proved why melee isn't half your spending (should be 50) unless you commit to the tree, and even then, you can easily go up to only 75 in costs.
you say it should be 50

but you don't play melee

see the difference here? play a melee before making judgement calls on it pls
(02-18-2020, 06:12 PM)Prestige Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 06:10 PM)CurledSpiral Wrote: PS I agree on the hidden armed stances doing to much and the phys Stat on weapons doing to little.

This has been fixed. It adds power to melee abilities, as intended.

Kind of wish I learned about it sometime BEFORE charging into battle  Blush

Would have had a nyshek weapon by then...
(02-18-2020, 06:12 PM)Arrow Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 06:05 PM)Prestige Wrote: My numbers are all from the game. I check them before I post them here, obviously. So yes, AoEs (The big ones, that is. They're the "oppressive" ones after all) are 40 secs of cd.

Pstrikes was... Nerfed, recently. As in, it was even stronger before. I am not sure why it wasn't good in your opinion, but I assure you, it was.

I also proved why melee isn't half your spending (should be 50) unless you commit to the tree, and even then, you can easily go up to only 75 in costs.
you say it should be 50

but you don't play melee

These are the costs for the spells, man. It has nothing to do with playing the tree. I don't need to play it to look at the costs and say "these spells only cost you 50". I am not trying to get into petty arguments, but I am fairly certain that discussing something rather than telling others to not do it is better. Sorry.
(02-18-2020, 06:14 PM)Prestige Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 06:12 PM)Arrow Wrote:

you say it should be 50

but you don't play melee

These are the costs for the spells, man. It has nothing to do with playing the tree. I don't need to play it to look at the costs and say "these spells only cost you 50". I am not trying to get into petty arguments, but I am fairly certain that discussing something rather than telling others to not do it is better. Sorry.
that is not the issue here

dash strike, cleave, double and fatal along with a stance hit 55 rpps
all of which are easily avoidable with a simple aoe. literally.
psmash is good only for it's slow and the damage it deals, the fact you can switch it up between cleave and pstrikes sometimes makes it worth the wait
fatal is virtually impossible to hit unless you corner your target or have them slowed, either with psmash or a homing slow and most of the time fatal is an invitation to a beam, since it leaves you open for it lmao
that's what i mean about 'u not playing melee' the numbers don't even matter when it comes to the play style honestly.
play a melee for a week then tell me it deserves a nerf and i'll happily accept, that's what i meant

there's literally no functional melee build that you only spend 50 rpps into, prove me wrong
(02-18-2020, 01:13 PM)Prestige Wrote: Just look at the numbers, really.

Fatal: 16 spell damage on 13 secs cd.
Phantom Strike: 13.5 damage on 25 cd (homing).
Double Slash: 9 damage on 9 cd.
Sweeping Cleave: 12 damage on 10 cd.
Power Smash: 13 damage on 20 cd.

To compare Phantom Strike to an average homing ability on a 20 cd, they have 7 damage or less. It has 13.5 (!!!) - highest damage in the tree.

You want to hear a crazier number?
With all of that, this is still one of the cheapest trees in the game.

QUICK EDIT: The truth is, the problem isn't related to the 10% ap from bladestyles. I wish it was, but it isn't. The tree should actually be looked at (unarmed as well, it's even worse in terms of numbers)
This is not the cheapest tree in the game. TO even get the good spells like power smash you need 60.
Compared to unarmed, which is 60 to get all the spells needed, you need 75. This is discounting sweeping Cleave which will push it to 85.

Armed is very expensive, and I would rather see the price reduced before anything else. 
Also, Fatal isn't 16 spell damage. It's 12

Melee suffers the most to slows because they no longer have the swift passive/active. So the only thing they can do is either get Garuda and pray for the best. If you want to defeat roots? You have to get Phantom Strike which was reduced in numbers. But, even then, you're rooted for the extra second. To defeat that, a Melee user would have to get Earth Attunement - Bone Reform which is 40 RPP spent or Water for Clenease or Mist Form. 25 or 35 wherever you go.

Melee, sucks. It's the skills that you need to get from other trees to make it decent. But even then, you don't benefit that much from them.

[Image: c353028ddba2fcdb66d0ade68bfc84b1.png?wid...height=562]
(02-18-2020, 06:23 PM)Mallow Wrote:

To compare Phantom Strike to an average homing ability on a 20 cd, they have 7 damage or less. It has 13.5 (!!!) - highest damage in the tree.

QUICK EDIT: The truth is, the problem isn't related to the 10% ap from bladestyles. I wish it was, but it isn't. The tree should actually be looked at (unarmed as well, it's even worse in terms of numbers)
This is not the cheapest tree in the game. TO even get the good spells like power smash you need 60.
Compared to unarmed, which is 60 to get all the spells needed, you need 75. This is discounting sweeping Cleave which will push it to 85.

Armed is very expensive, and I would rather see the price reduced before anything else. 

Melee suffers the most to slows because they no longer have the swift passive/active. So the only thing they can do is either get Garuda and pray for the best. If you want to defeat roots? You have to get Phantom Strike which was reduced in numbers. But, even then, you're rooted for the extra second. To defeat that, a Melee user would have to get Earth Attunement - Bone Reform which is 40 RPP spent or Water for Clenease or Mist Form. 25 or 35 wherever you go.

Melee, sucks. It's the skills that you need to get from other trees to make it decent. But even then, you don't benefit that much from them.

Fatal has bleed of 4 spell power. It is 16 spell power in damage (total!).
The tree, for dipping [which is what mostly happens these days with melee] is one of the cheapest trees, like I said. 20 for dash strike, 15 for fatal and 15 for pstrikes. Great. You can go deeper, you don't have to.
Don't talk about unarmed, this is for armed.

Please..
(02-18-2020, 06:27 PM)Prestige Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 06:23 PM)Mallow Wrote:

Fatal has bleed of 4 spell power. It is 16 spell power in damage (total!).
The tree, for dipping [which is what mostly happens these days with melee] is one of the cheapest trees, like I said. 20 for dash strike, 15 for fatal and 15 for pstrikes. Great. You can go deeper, you don't have to.
read my post above

there is literally
literally
literally
no viable melee build without at least spending 70 rpps into the tree

lmfao
Topic Options