TeemoNerf Armed
(02-19-2020, 06:32 PM)Hated Wrote: that looks like a brownshirt with only 80 power, not a good subject lol.
Yes, because the amount of power I have will change the spell damage numbers, amount of ticks, knockback and the lack of a stun? Looking at pure damage is an incredibly stupid thing to do when testing numbers because it varies by build, rpl and stats. But just so people don't go wow look it did 3k damage on a 80 RPL freshspawn! It had 150 power, 120 from the limit you get while being lower than it and 30 from energy aura. At most a fully built energy is going to do 2x the damage.
(02-19-2020, 06:50 PM)Teemo Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 06:32 PM)Hated Wrote: that looks like a brownshirt with only 80 power, not a good subject lol.
Yes, because the amount of power I have will change the spell damage numbers, amount of ticks, knockback and the lack of a stun? Looking at pure damage is an incredibly stupid thing to do when testing numbers because it varies by build, rpl and stats. But just so people don't go wow look it did 3k damage on a 80 RPL freshspawn! It had 150 power, 120 from the limit you get while being lower than it and 30 from energy aura. At most a fully built energy is going to do 2x the damage.
2.5 power on 80? let me do the math for you now. that's 200 dmg. not 300. assuming his power is high now? lets say 120. the cap he would be at spawning in. that would be 140 with energy aura, right? now the spell damage. 140*2.5)*5=1750 with no crits. now what if it was an actual combatant around 200 rpl with either unarmed style or master staff?

200+50+20 with nothing else is 3375 without a single crit. knocks back and stuns AND now we get to apply 50% stamina energy aura bonus AND the fact that eburst upgrades at 50% hp.'

270*1.1=297 and ebust upgrade being like 4-5 spell damage? lets say four to be humble. 297*4)*5=5940. I think that's fine. yeah. 10 rpp spell that drags and stuns.
Armed nerds a nerf, and those clamoring for its buff are probably just bad at verb, and even worse at RP. I would do the same thing if I were bad at verb.
(02-19-2020, 07:26 PM)Hated Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 06:50 PM)Teemo Wrote:
2.5 power on 80? let me do the math for you now. that's 200 dmg. not 300. assuming his power is high now? lets say 120. the cap he would be at spawning in. that would be 140 with energy aura, right? now the spell damage. 140*2.5)*5=1750 with no crits. now what if it was an actual combatant around 200 rpl with either unarmed style or master staff?

200+50+20 with nothing else is 3375 without a single crit. knocks back and stuns AND now we get to apply 50% stamina energy aura bonus AND the fact that eburst upgrades at 50% hp.'

270*1.1=297 and ebust upgrade being like 4-5 spell damage? lets say four to be humble. 297*4)*5=5940. I think that's fine. yeah. 10 rpp spell that drags and stuns.
Energy burst doesn't upgrade at 50%, it upgrades at 25%. There is no discernible damage difference I've seen when testing it, 4-5 Spell Damage is a number you pulled out of nowhere. If anything the damage boost is just from the 10% AP from the Aura. The upgrade just changes the sprite and maybe increases the width? Even if it did do 4 Spell damage, 6k is nothing compared to what a skill shot with that long of a cd should be doing. And keep in mind it only ticks 5 times in the absolute best-case scenario. If it travels half its duration you lose half the damage. 

And it doesn't stun, you can run out of the drag. You will take one tick of damage if by some grace of god you get hit by it. You will not take more than one tick if your hands are on your keyboard. It's an objectively useless spell and anybody that even purchases it can see this within 10 seconds of testing. All this damage you just calced for? It doesn't matter; people won't take the damage.
I still personally think that like unarmed, you can't use styles unless you specifically have an ARMED type weapon. People keep telling me you can wack people with a stave but I find it hard to see someone actually using a blunt looking staff to apply bleed to someone with fatal. I'm dumb though so uh..

Mages that just dip into armed for the stances is kind of the reasons why its appeared as strong. I won't say names but I've seen people just dip for Fomorian as a Holy mage and stack dr while sitting on a holy AOE. They use phantom strikes and ONLY phantom strikes when they can. This is a big problem. Switch Powersmash with phantom strikes. Put it in intermediates.

Perhaps turn Furry Swipes or whatever Hundred Cuts is called now into something similar to Shadow Ball/Holy Orbs where it does initial damage in front of the user and linger ticks from the slices. My suggestion tbh. Armed is in a good position right now but its also in a bad position when people who don't dedicate to the tree and just dip in it for pstrikes.

But the most important part of this post is: MAKE PSTRIKES AN INTERMEDIATE BY SWITCHING PSMASH WITH IT. PLEASE I HATE SEEING MAGES WITH IT WITHOUT DEDICATING THEMSELVES TO THE TREE.
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
Hundred cuts should swap position with phantom strikes, not power smash.
Topic Options