Poll: Are you experiencing freezing/constant often in the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.33%
19 63.33%
No
36.67%
11 36.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

GravityChillConsistent Crashing Issues! Release them from the Time Cage!
Today I do not speak for myself!

But for the many others, I know who are having such issues with Eternia at the moment.

While I know many have not been feeling such an issue, I have heard firsthand from multiple people that their connection to the game has been incredibly unstable and undergoing constant freezing. It puts the game into a much more tiresome state to play when you can be mid-scene and you crash three different times before you can finally get your post out.

I know there are many people affected by it, and it's an issue that isn't fixed by simply clearing the cache on the byond launcher.

As for how to fix it, it would depend on what the cause of it is, unless it is an issue of the server needing to accommodate the larger increase in players since 2.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who are also having issues, please let your voice be heard! Or if I am an idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about, tell me that too! I will appreciate either side of the coin to see if it's either not as big or bigger than I thought.

[Image: LWV6.gif]
This is an engine issue so you'd want to report it here with a crash dump via Windows Event Viewer: https://www.byond.com/forum/21

The more information that's provided (preferably the error in your Event Viewer) the quicker we can get it fixed
After the 2.0 update, the game has been EXTREMELY laggy for me.
Idk what it is, but its just been... absurd.

I fight like in old cartoons, with 3 frames p/second animations.
Confusedob:
(02-23-2024, 08:25 PM)Save Wrote: After the 2.0 update, the game has been EXTREMELY laggy for me.
Idk what it is, but its just been... absurd.

I fight like in old cartoons, with 3 frames p/second animations.
Confusedob:

Anyone else experiencing this?
We're currently working on optimizing some things which may help
I will say on my end, I will on occasion get 1-2 second lag freeze ups that happen without pattern.
It's been off and on for me.
I know last night when the year changed I legitimately froze for a good 10 or so seconds and then I got the mention of the season changing, etc.

But there are random spikes for sure.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: Fn81wCh.png]
I am - very, very much.

I could be doing something as simple as decorations, or opening roleplay logs, when I experience momentary freezes that last around... maybe 3-7 seconds at a time? Sometimes longer depending on the command that is opening. Once it unfreezes... you know how, on a youtube video, there is a normal 1x speed and then faster 2x speed? If I'm moving around on Eternia during this freeze, my entire screen super-zooms my character around before it goes right back to normal.

I don't know if anyone else experiences that, however. This is my experience.. I've also crashed various times in these freezes randomly. I've reinstalled the standalone client, updated Byond and tried that, or simply cleared the cache.

The spikes are sometimes random, but usually occurs when there's a command of some sort being opened or pushed in the chat, such as announcements on the game.

[Image: 3vsS9l2_sqdtt1.png]
"Until the oceans are dust."
"And until the Lifestream doesn't support us."
(02-23-2024, 09:15 PM)Astronomical Wrote: I am - very, very much.

I could be doing something as simple as decorations, or opening roleplay logs, when I experience momentary freezes that last around... maybe 3-7 seconds at a time? Sometimes longer depending on the command that is opening. Once it unfreezes... you know how, on a youtube video, there is a normal 1x speed and then faster 2x speed? If I'm moving around on Eternia during this freeze, my entire screen super-zooms my character around before it goes right back to normal.

I don't know if anyone else experiences that, however. This is my experience.. I've also crashed various times in these freezes randomly. I've reinstalled the standalone client, updated Byond and tried that, or simply cleared the cache.

The spikes are sometimes random, but usually occurs when there's a command of some sort being opened or pushed in the chat, such as announcements on the game.

So this only started happening after 2.0, or?
(02-23-2024, 09:15 PM)Astronomical Wrote: I am - very, very much.

Or when you're in a danger fighting for your life.
Cry
Personally, I've noticed no increase in lag except for the massive spike on season change.
Topic Options