Suggestions
Sad 
(08-20-2022, 03:25 PM)chance Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 03:24 PM)Mallow Wrote: ...

I think it's because I've not reset the resource savefile despite adding more ore (will do so in tomorrow morning's reboot)

c-can you double check to see if it's the same with alchemical goods too...

i noticed that when you pick up something common, say, glowing mushrooms in the swamps west, they don't respawn again after a reboot. i have waited two hours in hopes that something comes back, but merely fireflies are at it's wake.

the kids won't stop crying for their power xs...

the teens won't stop crying for the vitality xs...

the wife is threatning to leave because i don't provide...

save my marriage bro
Consider lessening the nerf of agi on giant form. I know, I know, heresy, Vdalion won their raid so clearly they're not weak. And I don't think giants are weak, so this is more of an illumination than anything else.

Consider the races of Esshar.

Nephilim: Their racials are pricy but all good, very cool.

Bear people: They're down bad until all their stuff is fixed, but prospectively good.

Faeborne: A racial heal is always good for any build, ever, and with AP it's just scrumptious. Similar to synths in having two v solid racials. No stat gain or loss, so they're pretty well balanced.

Hivechads: 10% HP is equivalent to 20 vit, but it has an upkeep cost that requires the thing that lowers it, so it's pretty centrally balanced.

Faceless: Spooky guys, RP focus. Murderous surge is gorked by Myradin's definition, so it must be good.

Humans: 15 vit, 15 pow, or 25 agi and reduced crafting costs, 0 negatives. No nerfs, infinite potential.

Giants: Net gain of 5 stats on the toggle. 15 vit and 10 pow is great, but -20 agi means you have a net gain of 5 stats. There is the argument that agi is worth less than pow or vit, but even in that regard no other race possesses a nerf for their racial.

My suggestion is this. Halve the nerf on giant form so it's -10 agi instead of -20, still a reasonable nerf while not outright making agi centric builds impossible on giants (poor Knawlidge.) Another prospect, and one I favor because it fits the culture, is giants having reduced artificing cost similar to nimble humans, as their culture is heavily centered around forgecraft. Just food for thought.
(08-20-2022, 05:48 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: Consider lessening the nerf of agi on giant form. I know, I know, heresy, Vdalion won their raid so clearly they're not weak. And I don't think giants are weak, so this is more of an illumination than anything else.

Consider the races of Esshar.

Nephilim: Their racials are pricy but all good, very cool.

Bear people: They're down bad until all their stuff is fixed, but prospectively good.

Faeborne: A racial heal is always good for any build, ever, and with AP it's just scrumptious. Similar to synths in having two v solid racials. No stat gain or loss, so they're pretty well balanced.

Hivechads: 10% HP is equivalent to 20 vit, but it has an upkeep cost that requires the thing that lowers it, so it's pretty centrally balanced.

Faceless: Spooky guys, RP focus. Murderous surge is gorked by Myradin's definition, so it must be good.

Humans: 15 vit, 15 pow, or 25 agi and reduced crafting costs, 0 negatives. No nerfs, infinite potential.

Giants: Net gain of 5 stats on the toggle. 15 vit and 10 pow is great, but -20 agi means you have a net gain of 5 stats. There is the argument that agi is worth less than pow or vit, but even in that regard no other race possesses a nerf for their racial.

My suggestion is this. Halve the nerf on giant form so it's -10 agi instead of -20, still a reasonable nerf while not outright making agi centric builds impossible on giants (poor Knawlidge.) Another prospect, and one I favor because it fits the culture, is giants having reduced artificing cost similar to nimble humans, as their culture is heavily centered around forgecraft. Just food for thought.

even not being any of those races this suggestion sounds very balanced and level-headed, full support on this
(08-20-2022, 05:48 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: My suggestion is this. Halve the nerf on giant form so it's -10 agi instead of -20, still a reasonable nerf while not outright making agi centric builds impossible on giants (poor Knawlidge.) Another prospect, and one I favor because it fits the culture, is giants having reduced artificing cost similar to nimble humans, as their culture is heavily centered around forgecraft. Just food for thought.

I think faeborne should have this as well. They're not specifically centered around forgecraft, but runeworking is still a part of artificing; if not a discount, then I genuinely think something like Mim's idea could be interesting. Not just for Faeborne, but for all factions as a whole, just like she said (since cultures aren't race-dependant)
link baiano reborn
set rebirth to 1 use.

if you can't verb after that, you're not ic. i take back my previous suggestion. ..
Remove the description and notifications that tells you who sent a message. Make it so letters have to be specifically signed by the sender like they usually are IC.

It's a pain to send anon letters with my name plastered right there in the desc and alert even if I know people won't metagame, and it goes straight through disguises so people will know who you are if you attend a message-scheduled meeting in a disguise.
[Image: Drawing-1-sketchpad-1.png]
/fly command just like /jump

It toggles trueflight on/off.

Also consider making flight potions give you the ability to toggle it off too (probably pretty code intensive to temporarily give an ability, instead of the status)
Add gun crafting options to artificers

That is all, I want me some guns.
No recipe uses blanchebloom.

Suggestions -

Food : Sailor's Swill - (2 Blanchebloom 2 Lemons 2 Oranges) A mildly intoxicating fruit wine. Tastes faintly of salt, but is refreshing. Prevents scurvy too!
Food : Islander's Treat - (1 Blanchebloom 1 Seaweed 1 Ghostfish 1 Lemon) An acidic, salty dish, made from thin cuts from the rarest of fish. It is said to be a hit on the islands!

Alchemy : Carte Blanche - (4 Blanchebloom 2 Venom 2 Nightshade) A toxic brew that causes magi to briefly lose touch with their elemental affinity. A magi who imbibes such a drink may suffer a deep depression. [All damage is set to plain, non-elemental damage.]

too sleepy to think of anything else
Tie farm plots to nearby houses, or prevent random people from stealing the crops. Having people steal all your crops with 0 rp or way to see who did it is spires chest theft levels lame.
[Image: image0.png]
Topic Options