LammyCrinter DM:
Key/Character: You know which one :)
Which Event: The Age of Conquest Part 1

Responsiveness: 10/10 man got them lightning fingers.

Balance: 9/10 from what I experienced. Never been smashed so hard in my life, only reason you lose a point here is that I lost the will to live after needing to pop two invulnerabilities to not meet my maker and still losing 50% of my health.

Storytelling: 10/10. The story was fantastic, the inclusion was great and we got to do some really unique and fun stuff I've never personally done before at an event. 

Fairness: 11/10 if we got owned we deserved it (You make up the balance point here because we both know you did that with our builds in mind). You knew we all enjoyed fighting and forced our strengths to shine or we went down because of our own negligence.

Overall: Top Tier. Based event, and great scenes, it was really fun.

Any other comments: This is the first time I've ever fled from an event which goes to show how spicy it got, I would let you hit me with emotional damage anytime on another event.
Key/Character: Surtyr Folhammar
Which Event: The Age of Conquest Part 1

Responsiveness: 10/10!

Balance: 9/10, and ONLY because I still felt more health would have been better rather than more power. It can be hard to balance anything when two of the party members can just delete you with a button...

Storytelling: 10/10. The story was incredible, and I actually shed a tear as I heard HE is waiting for Surtyr. I wept, like Jesus.

Fairness: 10/10. If we went down, it was because of lag or not paying attention.

Overall: Fantastic with great reactions to ideas and very very good lore inclusivity.

Any other comments: I miss HIM
[Image: c603523eebb1995b6af75201658c5a0c.gif]
Key/Character: Jokul Folhammar.
Which Event: The Age of Conquest Part 1.

Responsiveness: Good.

Balance: Perfect. I don't think there's anyone better at MMO style event bosses. The one at the end was slightly weak at first but he buffed it up to a good level. Each round was incredibly stressful but in the good, adrenaline inducing way.

Storytelling: DnD style event. Complete with cool prompts and options for where you want to go. These options allow creative freedom as well. Overall, it's a masterful journey and despite not running the other Ymir-Based Events we had, this one tied in seamlessly. Perhaps coincidence but I prefer to say that the DM did their homework.

Fairness: Injuries were fair and there were ways to avoid the puzzles/traps... by simply having common sense so it never felt like unbeatable traps, more ones your characters would put upon themselves which creates an immersive atmosphere. I was slightly surprised I came away with something, because I was happy just to attend but the DM made sure everyone had choices of rewards that fit the event.

Overall: Fun. Funny. Exciting. It's a miracle this guy hasn't burnt out, these events are like an emotional rollercoaster. Nothing to complain about either. Crinter's very courteous.

Any other comments: It was worth it alone for this moment it generated:
Quote:"I would risk my life." he wouldn't risk a hair. "To ensure that they are able to achieve their goal." he wanted sacred knowledge of the Giants and potential information to further his study of [redacted] and [redacted].
Key/Character: Argus Panoptes
Which Event: The Age of Conquest Part 1.

Responsiveness: Marvelous. Not only on his end but as a group in general, everyone was truly 3-D glasses on.

Balance: Depending the course of events and what happened only did it get worse. Though in a good way given the event and such everything was balanced, some fights had me ready to say FUCK i'm dead but in all reality it was a great time. Type of rush i'm looking for.

Storytelling: DnD type of events hands down will always be my favorite, my GOD if you only knew how many plot twist went down last night or the base shit Surtyr did, down to even hilarious moments it was a blast i'll do it again with ease. (Can't forget the little fae manipulating time.)

Fairness: Nothing to complain about here. Good job king.

Overall: For an event that lasted a few hours it was nail biting, it was like watching your favorite anime and dying to know what happen next week as we made choices to decide our fate.

Any other comments: Ready for part two :)
Key/Character: Nuru
Which Event: Rally the Realm

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): fast. 2fast2furious. vin diesel is opening a civil case against him for copyright infringement

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): hahahahaha

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): very good! interesting, engaging EC's.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) very good A+

Overall: A+

Any other comments: no more cosmic aoe spam spell please i beg of you
Key/Character: Aurelius Avarion

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): I never felt as if I had to wait too long for a narration.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  It was challenging for sure and it was hilarious how they almost always predicted where the healer would go.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Though I did not react as much during the quieter moments, it was nice to see some of the characters be given a bit of personality.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) : 10/10

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments:
Key/Character: Hemera Valmonte
Which Event: Fally the Realm

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 
There were 15 of us and I was thoroughly impressed by how fast the DM replied to everything. They paid attention to the players' actions and even responded to white text quips. 

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 
Very very good. It was a good balance of riddles that were solvable with personal dev and large scale fights. 

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
It was a good story and progression that involved the lore of Nemea and the story that has taken place icly since the beginning of the game, including large milestones and factors in Dal'Thala history.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)
Everything was very fair. The battles were insane, and coordinating healing was insane but he seemed to always be one step behind us. It was intense but it made the pay off so much more worth it. Likewise, temps and perms were dealt fairly.

Overall:
10/10. A very fun event. I joined last minute by the graces of the DM because the party had brought no healer and enjoyed witnessing the progression of appeasing Nemea and taking part in her trials. The battles made my heart race, the riddles made sense and were fun, and there were a lot of good moment for character development along the way.

Any other comments:

Don't threaten to kill the bear.
In a party of fifteen. Always. Bring. A. Healer.
Key/Character: Maliyah
Which Event: Rally the Realm

Responsiveness: Ridiculously expeditious, got whiplash from how quick our longer posts were thought out and responded to - in detail. Even the player actions which changed the planned structure of things severely. 11/10.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Yeah, those fights were the ones. Chef's kiss. So intense that they rattled the very screws supporting the server's integrity and rippled throughout Meranthe. Especially for an expedition event of like fifteen attendees. I loved how the trap was able to be 'avoided' due to some of us taking initiative at those crossroads. (Double 6 rolls, smirk) 10/10.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Probably the most lore-intensive and enlightening event I've ever gone on. Even the history/origins of some of the non-Faeborne attendees was brought into question during the final stages. The maps used???? The immersion ? Yeah, I wanna see more of that on every event. Magnifique/10.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): The ratio looked like it matched up perfectly for the boons received versus the people that got folded. It maybe even exceeded expectations, especially with the final reward being something that will birth my roleplay around it. 10/10.

Overall: Yuh/10. I may have to book 3 months in advance for your next event opening after this, it makes sense why you have so many scheduled already.

Any other comments: Being trapped in a solid block of ice talons as a bear m. surges me to death gave me anxiety, do it again.
Key/Character: Camino de Caewynn

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very prompt!

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  I enjoyed the battles a lot, the wider spaces used kept the sheer volume of AoEs fun to work around rather than miserably oppressive, while the Strobe Bear Technique kept that particular boss hard to pin down. At no point did my health suddenly disappear, leaving me to wonder where it all went and what I could have done to avoid it. Rather, I knew exactly where my health was going, and that it was usually my fault for losing it. Tense, but fair. If there were any balance concerns, it would be towards the server, all the spells coming out did make things pretty laggy.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):  Quite pleased, the cute frog and sad tree were excellent conduits of guilt. Felt thematic to the various aspects of Nemea, felt appropriately referential to Delphina/Dal'Thala's history, felt like a proper trial with answers besides just fighting the thing in front of us, and it even felt just a tiny bit like A Christmas Carol (just a bit, and this is not a bad thing). All the interactions I threw out felt responded to.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): The reward for me was the IC behind redeeming the city of Dal'Thala and restoring the state of Delphina, and in that regard I am fully content. The punishments seemed fair, for as much as that matters from the mouth of someone who managed to evade being downed, and I appreciate that tables for them were listed out before the beginning of the event. Taking a thoughtful approach to things felt rewarded, with usage of unique abilities given their fair shake at yielding results and a potential fight even being evaded by, believe it or not, doing the right thing.

Overall:  I'm quite grateful this was picked up, being an event of big consequences and more laboriously, big participant size. I had a lot of fun in the battles and RP, and I'm very content with what it spells in terms of IC. 

Any other comments:   I really liked that frog sprite, the animations were superb.
Character: Maeve Caewynn

Responsiveness : 10/10 Faster than most of the players typing. There were several instances where he had already prepared what he wanted to type and was just waiting on us.

Balance : 3/10 I am sorry to say that I think I personally dislike this style of EC combat. While stylistically I appreciate and understand why the direction was taken. Low power but spamming aoe spells. The servers just can't handle it. And I can say from both sides of this, playing against it, and trying to play while it's going on. That it really is more of a nuisance to try and play this game while a DM is spamming spells. If the game could handle it better, or maybe just the servers. I'm not quite sure which would be to blame. I think it would be great. But as it stands, I can't tell if I was hit by eight power smashes in a row because both the DM and I were lagging and he didnt get to switch targets off of me, or if I was just supposed to be able to competently react to that in the extreme lag that was being made. That being said, the health pools were fair, and I can't realistically say anyone was targetted outirght to be put down.

Storytelling : 10/10 It's always great to hear DM's, in this game or in DnD at large, say the words 'I didn't plan for this.' And honestly, if you didn't say that. I would've believed you did plan for it. You adapted well on the fly and made it blend with the story quite seamlessly. There were a few moments where player actions and decisions were handled accordingly and we were able to progress in ways that perhaps you didnt intend to when you wrote the event. The mark of a seasoned DM, or perhaps just a very good one.

Fairness : 10/10 The injury table seemed to be fairly close to what I use, so I can't really provide you any meaningful criticism that I wouldn't be providing to myself. Though I wonder if in the future I should make a roll of 5 not be safe any longer for HCoDs. Maybe we just rolled extremely well. Hard to say. But the rewards were flavorful and well earned. I liked them all.

Overall: 8.25/10 My main and only real issue is the spamming spells bit. Any other criticism I could think of would only apply if the party was smaller. But for such a large group size it was well managed and fun. Good job.

Any other comments: /Kill Kouki Kougeru
Topic Options