Spell Balance Suggestions
hel lo

there is literally no reason for a conjurer user to switch to guardian. you lose 10 vit, you lose a 2,000+ HP shield on Q with ~3 uses per round, and all you get is +10% AP—which doesn't effect heals, and these are the archetypal sustain stances. please rework guardian to make it worth a mastery token.
Weird and bad takes with Birb time!

Buff Dash Strike. Yeah, the armed tax opener that you probably don't even remember existing. As of right now, you press it and dash straight towards your opponent at a laughably slow pace- so slow they can walk away from you and you'll be stuck in the animation which leaves you wholly vulnerable to whatever horrific shit they can do to you in turn.

All for dealing a whopping 5sd and being able to GCDE into psmash or something. Which you probably would've hit anyway without Dash Strike.

Here's my suggestion: increase its speed! It doesn't have to be as psychotically fast as fatal but making it at least a little faster would at least allow you to use it without risk of shooting yourself in the foot with an ebeam.
Precision slash is damage is just insane. It needs to be reduced!
Hello, your local Skill Issue Gamer here recommended armed nerfs (yes, nerf me please), as well as a blood change.

Nerf powersmash damage from 17 SD to 15 SD, one SD more than it was pre-buff. A suggestion originally mentioned by Tenias and one I agree with wholeheartedly.

Nerf fatal cooldown from 20 seconds to 24 seconds. Currently, it doesn't really feel as punishing when you miss a fatal because of its cooldown. It feels up really often (because it probably is), and feels like you can just throw it out in its low cooldown for massive damage. Combine with your favorite speed buff or stun and it's practically free damage in a lot of cases.

Now onto blood:

Please, God, just replace the blood blades spawned from blood sacrifice and scarlet circle with a much slower-moving version of blood siphon. Or have the blades deal bleed rather than instant damage.

As it stands right now, they have extremely unaligned hitboxes to the point where you can be two or three tiles away and take several procs in half a second. Watching 4-5k hp get shredded when the spell's visual effect is in a different postal code is such a frustrating feeling. Alternatively, there are times where you can also be directly on top of you and take no damage. It sucks and is extremely frustrating for both the user and the victim.

Now- yes, I am aware this is a bug, but frankly I think even if the hitbox was aligned properly, the absolutely insane tickrate is still something that is extremely unsatisfying to be on the receiving end of. So, I propose it be reworked instead of fixed.
[Image: image.png?ex=6547aa08&is=65353508&hm=f3a...54dc6db9e&]
UltraSMASH is both in need of buffs and slight adjustments.
As it stands, it is very whimsical in being able to land it as not only does it seem to inaccurately aim at where your opponent used to be but landing it also does not deal any satisfactory damage for its CD (45s CD, 16sd).

Potentially making the CD lower and its hitbox a lot bigger might make it a worthwhile siggy. Due to the current state of PSmash, it's a bit hard to ask for SD buffs to it but lowering its CD and making the hitbox bigger for its range (and how it technically works as a dodge / gap closer) would suffice for its power budget.

Somewhere around 30s CD would definitely work well.
Hitbox could be fairly big as it is a signature.
Axe Kick has a delay after being used, which means that the ability to chain it and actually benefit from it's GCDE status is very low. I'm assuming it's animation time, or being caught up spell duration if hitting on first tile rather than its max range, so it makes you wait until the spell is completely finished as opposed to on hit.

Just think the delay needs changing, then I think the Weighted Punch GCDE removal hits a lot less hard. Cause right now Unarmed down bad, and the changes seems to have damaged the normal unarmed dudes as opposed to the hyper jab abuse dudes. Which I don't believe was the intention.

https://i.gyazo.com/67b50d86850b96dcfa31...b88209.mp4
give flying kick and weighted punch GCDE again so the regular unarmed folks have some viability. weighted punch is literally terrible as is LOL. you jab in to land a 9sd punch and get slapped with whatever ability they wanna hit you with. same thing with flying kick, you DRAG your target with you and they just cast since you’re directly next to them

at least with GCDE you could cast something right after so the trade is a bit more worth it. at this point, unarmed is just a weaker version of armed in every way (i dont even wanna talk about the 80 pow greatswords armed can get for basically free while unarmed is stuck with max 48 pow gauntlets; weapon variety is ass). psmash, fatal, sweeping cleave and quickdraw are better than any unarmed spell. people stuck in the tree just use jab and other spell trees cause it’s just more viable
(02-21-2023, 12:33 PM)Dazzer Wrote: Axe Kick has a delay after being used, which means that the ability to chain it and actually benefit from it's GCDE status is very low. I'm assuming it's animation time, or being caught up spell duration if hitting on first tile rather than its max range, so it makes you wait until the spell is completely finished as opposed to on hit.

Just think the delay needs changing, then I think the Weighted Punch GCDE removal hits a lot less hard. Cause right now Unarmed down bad, and the changes seems to have damaged the normal unarmed dudes as opposed to the hyper jab abuse dudes. Which I don't believe was the intention.

https://i.gyazo.com/67b50d86850b96dcfa31...b88209.mp4

That delay is caused by both:

Axe kick natural animation
The way axe kick works, where on hit, you cause a small knockback, the problem comes when the spell does not end on hit, but instead keep tracking the target until all movement tiles from the spell are moved that knockback adds distance result? you push them far on hit and keep moving when the move should had ended, creating a delay. you can see that kind of delay on double slash as well but is more animation based.

The way to "buff" it? since any adjust in unarmed these days is seen as buff, is make the spell track end when you cause damage or cause the 'knockback' because , that way you wouldn't get the extra 0.25 seconds of delay track that you dont need, in theory you already landed the target, adding on axe animation (+- 0.25) resulting in a 0.5 seconds delay.
Phalanx Landarke: Unarmed saint|Piers glaidd: The monk|Flown: ???
The day unarmed stop exist, so do i.
HOT TAKE.

Armed is the current BEE'S KNEES. Everyone either uses it or hates it.
Rather than outright nerf it, my suggestion would be shifting the power budget around across different spells.

Power Smash - Lower to 15sd, if not 14sd.
Reasoning - Currently, Power Smash is perhaps one of the easiest spells to land in the Armed Spell Tree. Not only does it pack enough punch but the cd makes it well worth it. Even before the buff to its current sd, people always tended to grab Power Smash due to its ease of landing and its damage.

Precision Slash - Lower the DRAG/PULL range. Currently, Precision Slash is relatively easy to land due to its immense pull and intense pull. For its damage and size, the pull itself can make it much, much stronger and deceptively 'smaller' than its actual range due to the suction force.

Fatal Strike - Increase the cd by 6-7 seconds. Rather than lower the damage, increasing the cooldown will make Fatal Strike one of the make-or-break spells that will give the fun juice (dopamine) to those who could land it. Increasing its cooldown will make it so that missing it can be harder to recuperate from rather than just being able to cast it again within 15s~ seconds. Landing it will be good, but it ceases to become a technique that you could constantly use and not suffer from. Timing will become more important for it.

Quickdraw - Lower the duration on Quickdraw by .5s ~ .75s which will make the timing on it tighter. Due to the range in itself being long enough for the retaliation, it is arguably the best gap closer for Armed users on top of being a one-hit invul. It can also be used, with proper timing, to blink to an opponent through their DOT or AoE, something that makes it very, very great as a gap closer.

Now, with the main offenders for Armed being indicated with their own spell adjustments (mostly nerfs, as one can see), the power budget can then be invested elsewhere without putting too much into them.

Dash Strike - Potentially have the dash speed scale to the user's speed. Another potential option would be, actually, to have Dash Strike change based on the armed stance used. With Ifrit, you could have it so that one can animation cancel out of it with another spell to stick to the combo element of Ifrit. With Garuda, you could have the speed be increased somewhere around Fatal Strike's speed to indicate Garuda's speed. With Fomorian, you could make it so that the user is CC immune / KB immune with extra DR during the dash itself. Which in turn would make it so that Dash Strike takes into consideration the chosen fighting style of the armed user.

Double Slash - Double Slash is really good, but it has a fatal flaw: its animation speed. Making the animation speed faster will make it worth while, though there's the issue of having to land it -- that will mostly be the skill element for it.

Galeforce - Forgotten. Left unused. Left untouched. Major rework on Galeforce is possible, by first changing the element to Physical instead of Wind. Making it stun for longer, too, might bring the spell back from being unused as it will be a great combo starter / extender with the sole cost of having to land it. Which will make it more skill intensive.

Sweeping Cleave - The baby Power Smash, that is arguably much harder to land than Power Smash. In my opinion, Sweeping Cleave should be the one receiving the SD boost to reward those who could land it. Instead of its 13sd, making it 15sd-16sd might make it the better high risk, high reward spell that, if you could land, it'd slow the opponent and deal bigger damage. The hitbox makes it tricky, but also makes it perfect as a high risk tool.

The overall goal with this would be to tighten the high risk, high reward of the Armed tree rather than the current state.
(02-25-2023, 03:44 AM)Shelpies Wrote: HOT TAKE.

Armed is the current BEE'S KNEES. Everyone either uses it or hates it.
Rather than outright nerf it, my suggestion would be shifting the power budget around across different spells.

Power Smash - Lower to 15sd, if not 14sd.
Reasoning - Currently, Power Smash is perhaps one of the easiest spells to land in the Armed Spell Tree. Not only does it pack enough punch but the cd makes it well worth it. Even before the buff to its current sd, people always tended to grab Power Smash due to its ease of landing and its damage.

Precision Slash - Lower the DRAG/PULL range. Currently, Precision Slash is relatively easy to land due to its immense pull and intense pull. For its damage and size, the pull itself can make it much, much stronger and deceptively 'smaller' than its actual range due to the suction force.

Fatal Strike - Increase the cd by 6-7 seconds. Rather than lower the damage, increasing the cooldown will make Fatal Strike one of the make-or-break spells that will give the fun juice (dopamine) to those who could land it. Increasing its cooldown will make it so that missing it can be harder to recuperate from rather than just being able to cast it again within 15s~ seconds. Landing it will be good, but it ceases to become a technique that you could constantly use and not suffer from. Timing will become more important for it.

Quickdraw - Lower the duration on Quickdraw by .5s ~ .75s which will make the timing on it tighter. Due to the range in itself being long enough for the retaliation, it is arguably the best gap closer for Armed users on top of being a one-hit invul. It can also be used, with proper timing, to blink to an opponent through their DOT or AoE, something that makes it very, very great as a gap closer.

Now, with the main offenders for Armed being indicated with their own spell adjustments (mostly nerfs, as one can see), the power budget can then be invested elsewhere without putting too much into them.

Dash Strike - Potentially have the dash speed scale to the user's speed. Another potential option would be, actually, to have Dash Strike change based on the armed stance used. With Ifrit, you could have it so that one can animation cancel out of it with another spell to stick to the combo element of Ifrit. With Garuda, you could have the speed be increased somewhere around Fatal Strike's speed to indicate Garuda's speed. With Fomorian, you could make it so that the user is CC immune / KB immune with extra DR during the dash itself. Which in turn would make it so that Dash Strike takes into consideration the chosen fighting style of the armed user.

Double Slash - Double Slash is really good, but it has a fatal flaw: its animation speed. Making the animation speed faster will make it worth while, though there's the issue of having to land it -- that will mostly be the skill element for it.

Galeforce - Forgotten. Left unused. Left untouched. Major rework on Galeforce is possible, by first changing the element to Physical instead of Wind. Making it stun for longer, too, might bring the spell back from being unused as it will be a great combo starter / extender with the sole cost of having to land it. Which will make it more skill intensive.

Sweeping Cleave - The baby Power Smash, that is arguably much harder to land than Power Smash. In my opinion, Sweeping Cleave should be the one receiving the SD boost to reward those who could land it. Instead of its 13sd, making it 15sd-16sd might make it the better high risk, high reward spell that, if you could land, it'd slow the opponent and deal bigger damage. The hitbox makes it tricky, but also makes it perfect as a high risk tool.

The overall goal with this would be to tighten the high risk, high reward of the Armed tree rather than the current state.

ARMED USERS FINALLY EATING AND U WANT US TO SUFFER SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Topic Options