Spell Balance Suggestions
(09-15-2022, 03:28 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: Buff Sound Burst

[Image: ezgif-3-3cbcab9adf.gif]

Right now it has a little delay like that when used. Take away that delay, please. Or change the spell entirely. I beg of you.

I just want my bar to have all of the sound abilities on it plz plz plz ty.

I might be wrong, but is that stepcast? If you haven't already, try turning it off and try again.
(09-15-2022, 03:34 PM)Touc Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 03:28 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: Buff Sound Burst

[Image: ezgif-3-3cbcab9adf.gif]

Right now it has a little delay like that when used. Take away that delay, please. Or change the spell entirely. I beg of you.

I just want my bar to have all of the sound abilities on it plz plz plz ty.

I might be wrong, but is that stepcast? If you haven't already, try turning it off and try again.

Step cast is off, I always turn it off.
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
it’s a cast-lock that most spells have on use (things like impact canon, smite etc). doesn’t really do much tbh

Boom Burst and Shockwave are similar spells, both are intermediate...

However, Boom Burst is 40 RPL requirement of Sound tree, (10 RPP goes off to air attunement too).

Shockwave has a 50 RPL requirement though it's in the base Air tree, and it has knockback feature, as well as 5 additional mana cost (making it 15).

I don't see Boom Burst as a spell that adds anything particularly useful to the sound tree, which is already quite lacking (which is okay since I guess the game design here was supposed to have sound be used in conjuction with other trees), nothing that could be unlocked if you already dipped into Air which has a LOT, lot more better options than Sound does.

So... Yeah, generally, it feels like Boom Burst is akin to sound strike, albeit aoe, and without knockback and confusion. Underwhelming.
(09-15-2022, 10:09 PM)NikolaNeiju Wrote: Boom Burst and Shockwave are similar spells, both are intermediate...

However, Boom Burst is 40 RPL requirement of Sound tree, (10 RPP goes off to air attunement too).

Shockwave has a 50 RPL requirement though it's in the base Air tree, and it has knockback feature, as well as 5 additional mana cost (making it 15).

I don't see Boom Burst as a spell that adds anything particularly useful to the sound tree, which is already quite lacking (which is okay since I guess the game design here was supposed to have sound be used in conjuction with other trees), nothing that could be unlocked if you already dipped into Air which has a LOT, lot more better options than Sound does.

So... Yeah, generally, it feels like Boom Burst is akin to sound strike, albeit aoe, and without knockback and confusion. Underwhelming.

If it knocked back, and confused it'd just be better than it's counterpart. It's just a solid damage hit, it's not a bad move. It's not often that an omni-directional 15SD spell is going to get out-traded either.
(09-15-2022, 10:09 PM)NikolaNeiju Wrote: Boom Burst and Shockwave are similar spells, both are intermediate...

It's unwise to compare anything to Shockwave given that Shockwave is one of the game's stronger spells.
(09-15-2022, 10:32 PM)Touc Wrote:

It's unwise to compare anything to Shockwave given that Shockwave is one of the game's stronger spells.

Boom Burst Cost: 10 RPP (Attune) + 20 RPP (Sound strike) + 10 RPP (Random ability) + 10 RPP (Random ability 2) + 10 RPP (Boom Burst) = Total RPP cost 60

Shockwave: 10 RPP (Attune) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Shockwave) = 60

Shockwave stats: 30 CD, 15 mana cost, 15 Damage, Knockback

Boom Burst stats: 30 CD, 10 mana cost, 15 damage

Boom Burst is literally the same as Shockwave in every way, shape and form besides three things;

Shockwave costs 5 mana more, Boom Burst has zero after effects, it's only damage, Shockwave has a larger range.

(Here is an actual comparison of Boom Burst vs Shockwave's range btw!)

[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker3.gif]

They even cast in a similar if not the same AoE fashion around the caster. So, Boom Burst is an extremely lack luster/bad version of Shockwave. Will I still use it? Yes. I personally believe that it should at least apply a slow or a like 0.2 timed stun for defensive purposes, or confuse, or anything.

Cos it's 60 RPP for a spell that just does damage when there are 60 RPP spells with better utility, or the same/better damage. A sound mage that gets boom burst, is literally doing it for the IC. Cos shockwave is simply better in every form.
I swear I'm not...
[Image: 6d7a3f4d84055aacec42e9e916296a47.png]
[Image: f6b263cfa536c446e088c6c6a5d319e7.png]
I'm not owned guys.
(09-16-2022, 01:31 AM)SilkiyTea Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 10:32 PM)Touc Wrote:

Boom Burst Cost: 10 RPP (Attune) + 20 RPP (Sound strike) + 10 RPP (Random ability) + 10 RPP (Random ability 2) + 10 RPP (Boom Burst) = Total RPP cost 60

Shockwave: 10 RPP (Attune) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Random spell) + 10 RPP (Shockwave) = 60

Shockwave stats: 30 CD, 15 mana cost, 15 Damage, Knockback

Boom Burst stats: 30 CD, 10 mana cost, 15 damage

Boom Burst is literally the same as Shockwave in every way, shape and form besides three things;

Shockwave costs 5 mana more, Boom Burst has zero after effects, it's only damage, Shockwave has a larger range.

(Here is an actual comparison of Boom Burst vs Shockwave's range btw!)

[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker3.gif]

They even cast in a similar if not the same AoE fashion around the caster. So, Boom Burst is an extremely lack luster/bad version of Shockwave. Will I still use it? Yes. I personally believe that it should at least apply a slow or a like 0.2 timed stun for defensive purposes, or confuse, or anything.

Cos it's 60 RPP for a spell that just does damage when there are 60 RPP spells with better utility, or the same/better damage. A sound mage that gets boom burst, is literally doing it for the IC. Cos shockwave is simply better in every form.

My issue is that wind already has one intermediate that matches blood's master, I don't really want to see it get a second. There's this and the fact, that having two shockwaves that perform identically at such a level in a single attunement is a bit scary. 

I think it having a brief slow, would be fair enough.
well, just increase Boom Burst’s range OR give it some form of CC with a slow, brief confuse or a knockback. It’d feel weird to use as is if you’re a mage cause you have to get SO close just to use it and then your opponent is still right in front of you for the easiest trade of their life
Can Volcano Barrier be changed slightly? Currently it leaves you locked in place after the barrier ends, leaving you rather vulnerable. Compared to every other invulnerability though this is very awkward. Take it's close cousin, Sand Barrier. When it wears off, you can move instantly. Sand Barrier also has a shorter cooldown, and more damage. Could the lock time on Volcano barrier be removed?

Sand Barrier:
CD: 30 seconds
Mana: 10
Range: 12
Damage: 3.5
(tooltip)
Volcano Barrier:
CD: 34 seconds
Mana: 10
Range: 0
Damage: 0
(tooltip)