Spell Balance Suggestions
(09-24-2022, 11:06 AM)DanteriusAvius Wrote: Sorry, what racial do Faeborne get that cost 0 rpp?

Speaking as a Faeborne and looking at my racial list, there isn’t one.

Giant Form is 0 RPP Fae Wings is 5 rpp.

Each of these give stats, where as Water Spirit is a minor tick heal and takes damge, which it shouldnt.
ur.com/vcmm6[Image: SwES7N6.gif]
I've seen water spirits single handily save people from game winning spells, it shouldn't be 0RPP and 5RPP is genuinely a fine cost.
(09-24-2022, 02:13 PM)Cotillion Wrote: I've seen water spirits single handily save people from game winning spells, it shouldn't be 0RPP and 5RPP is genuinely a fine cost.

For clarification, I don't mind the RPP cost, but make it immune to damage.
If you’re gonna make it immortal, make it so it can’t block spells.

Can’t have your cake and eat it too.
[Image: image0.png]
(09-24-2022, 02:25 PM)Danteric Wrote: If you’re gonna make it immortal, make it so it can’t block spells.

Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Fine. Tsk..
Restore grapple duration to the old one. 2 s?
Phalanx Landarke: Unarmed saint|Piers glaidd: The monk|Flown: ???
The day unarmed stop exist, so do i.
Here's a dumb balancing suggestion for Formation of Crystals that could make it more interesting to use/fight against.

Make it spawn nine crystals on the field almost immediately. Three red, three blue, three green. When/if the caster gathers all three of one type, their respective crystal effect activates and the rest of the crystals despawn from the rpb. The effect would have to be stronger than in the original FoC to compensate for the extra work involved in activating them, though, so I'd tentatively suggest these effects:

Red crystals: 10% ap for 5 seconds
Green crystals: 11 SD heal (Same as sanctuary's), slight speed buff for 3 seconds
Blue crystals: Cleanse on pickup, active cleanse for as long as warcry (Can't remember how long that lasts, srry)

I know these effects might seem a bit strong, but consider that they can't be activated from the moment they're dropped, and the caster has to think ahead to decide which crystals they want. There could also be better counterplay if the opponent notices the crystals they're going for and can move to block or attack them in retaliation - and the caster could just as well pick up random crystals they aren't actually intending to collect all of to throw them off, too.

Edit: also, possibly lower the natural despawn timer to somewhere between ~10-20 seconds on each crystal, and make the outline of the crystals drain as the timer runs out, putting more pressure on the caster to pick them up in time, and giving the opponent more of a chance to zone them out.
[Image: f83d373280f14cd1eb98860050bda22e.png][Image: 017363725a8f81f6e412c7d624aa0c51.png]  ...? (Both lower CD, Higher DMG on Tool Tip unless Inaccurate...)
[Image: 256ff735b213f041f04466e9ccddb4bc.png] <---- ? (Only checked this since I'm stuck as Gravity now)
(09-26-2022, 01:02 PM)VibeEntertainment Wrote:

Telekinesis does 4.5 damage per tick (similar to a beam) while Void Cutter does 8 damage on impact which is followed by a series of 1 damage ticks afterwards (Shadow Dive works similarly) and I believe it is the same with Cascade (but honestly, I don't really know that, I play Shadow).
(09-26-2022, 01:14 PM)yesterday's misgivings Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 01:02 PM)VibeEntertainment Wrote:

Telekinesis does 4.5 damage per tick (similar to a beam) while Void Cutter does 8 damage on impact which is followed by a series of 1 damage ticks afterwards (Shadow Dive works similarly to that too) and I believe it is the same with Cascade (but honestly, I don't really know that, I play Shadow).

So a Master ability is similar to a Basic Energy Beam(Which gets stronger sub 50% HP)..?
Topic Options