Spell Balance Suggestions
(09-12-2022, 12:08 AM)Kayla Wrote: Unarmed Grab needs a buff, 100% without doubt.

I've been playing Unarmed for a while now and grab is just a godawful ability in comparison to many other things.

My current build is unarmed metal. I understand that Iron Grip is an intermediate, but comparing it to grapple is unbelievably sad:

Grapple:

- Deals NO DAMAGE whatsoever.
- Requires you to be extremely close to your target
- Leaves you stuck for a bit if you miss
- Also disables you for the duration on hit
- Can ONLY be canceled with an unarmed attack and nothing else
- Lasts about two seconds if that.
- My current CD for it is 22 seconds

Iron Grip:

- Is medium ranged, quite long lasting projectile that is relatively easy to hit.
- Does damage on hit, even if not much (6 damage on tooltip)
- Lasts for about 6 seconds
- Leaves you completely unrestrained and can combo with anything else
- Cooldown for me is currently 30 seconds, only a mere 8 seconds more for an ability better in every single way.

Grapple is just... not good. It needs something to make it better. In my opinion it should do a sizeable chunk of damage to reward hitting it, it seriously is quite hard to land. Or something, anything really!  I love the flavor of grappling but right now it feels like its just not worth pressing ever.
Unarmed is the only tree in game that makes no sense at all, my theory is build to be hard.

Weighted punch is a melee -dr debuff that last much less than others, the same others that need less risk to apply the -dr. adding the fact you need get close to hit, unlike plasma that is a nice track and wither that is undodgeable, 'but his damage is high and cd low', so ? still is a "close range spell' mean any time you land you expose yourself unlike other two examples.

And grapple that have the exact problem, is a melee snare, where stuns youduration is fast and expose you a lot if you try anything futher than insta grapple titan lariat.

but now the range is better, so any damage buff is less needed

as for throw? i still think a small slow would be nice.
[Image: memorias.png?ex=6629925d&is=66171d5d&hm=...a226c91ce&]

Hey.

I noticed that we're on a bit of a TLC patch regarding a few trees, and blood is one of them. I'd like to request the consideration of Severance and Haemorrhage's costs being brought down to ten in line with quite a few of the other modernised trees. It's just a consideration mind, it'd be pretty cool if blood bomb could get touched up to inflict bleed as well. If that means lowering the flat impact damage by a point, I think that'd still play into the tree's archetype.
(09-12-2022, 04:08 PM)Cotillion Wrote: Hey.

I noticed that we're on a bit of a TLC patch regarding a few trees, and blood is one of them. I'd like to request the consideration of Severance and Haemorrhage's costs being brought down to ten in line with quite a few of the other modernised trees. It's just a consideration mind, it'd be pretty cool if blood bomb could get touched up to inflict bleed as well. If that means lowering the flat impact damage by a point, I think that'd still play into the tree's archetype.

I approve this message.
ur.com/vcmm6[Image: SwES7N6.gif]
Can Flying Kick be swapped with Weighted Punch, something that people might use on their bar over Flying Kick which is bought as just a 20 rpp sink into unarmed...Also give Grapple a lil bit of damage, it's worse metal whip rn.
[Image: 47848a989eb809c6874939f8523ec936.png]
 Buff unarmed pls

My suggestions

1. give unarmed a cast buff cleanse thing. Should cleanse all debuffs on you and make you immune to any cc for five seconds. Unless it's knock backs like beams or shockwave type spells. 

2. give it back the cleanse stance.

3. remove the animation delay on jab when you are slowed. it's very stupid considering the many slows that exist in the game now.

also just a note referring to what lung said above, the other unarmed spells dont even do a lot of damage since none of the unarmed spells exceed like.. 12 mdam? 

Obviously unarmed shouldn't get all of those that i mentioned, just one to make kiters a lil less effective vs gap closing builds that require jab.
(09-12-2022, 05:59 PM)Odd Wrote:  Buff unarmed pls

My suggestions

1. give unarmed a cast buff cleanse thing. Should cleanse all debuffs on you and make you immune to any cc for five seconds. Unless it's knock backs like beams or shockwave type spells. 

It doesn't need a cast buff.

There does need to be a mage stance that gives a cleanse on Q if Gentle Fist is gone, unarmed without access to one is asking to be bodied. I do agree there. 

3. remove the animation delay on jab when you are slowed. it's very stupid considering the many slows that exist in the game now.

Jab being affected by speed modifiers is one of the coolest/unique things about it slows and speedboosts both, and a fair counterplay. It's fine.

also just a note referring to what lung said above, the other unarmed spells dont even do a lot of damage since none of the unarmed spells exceed like.. 12 mdam? 

Obviously unarmed shouldn't get all of those that i mentioned, just one to make kiters a lil less effective vs gap closing builds that require jab.

Or just make more types of advanced gauntlets so they aren't 10-20 power behind staffs or swords w/ phys taken into account.

Just offering my thoughts.
[Image: WxEbmmA.png]
(09-12-2022, 05:59 PM)Odd Wrote:  Buff unarmed pls

My suggestions

1. Muscle armor already do that does nice as a hidden
2. still dont know why they removed since there is no cleanse at combat styles without being a spell that cost a token, for a melee tree.
3. No, the challenge is part of the tree, if you remove the slow, then you need remove the speed boost buff.

they dont do much damage due the new weapons and scales, or else would be a terror.

In summary, bring our tacician back or our cleanse, or if we cant cleanse let us dodge if we cant dodge let us cleanse.

I HAVE A DREAM.

It'd be kind of funny if Grapple turned your opponent away from you, so any beams or waves shot off into the distance.
(09-12-2022, 06:14 PM)Enginseer-42 Wrote: It'd be kind of funny if Grapple turned your opponent away from you, so any beams or waves shot off into the distance.

if you fast enough on jab-> grapple? you can do that,since you teleport behind the target before he move and change his look direction, but like in a frontal grapple? this is really cool.

Maybe muscle armour could be added as unarmed's public mastery since it has no mastery at all right now?
Topic Options