DreamsOfBluePath of Wordsmithing has been labeled wrong in the new faith system
alternative perspective: your faith is aligned with a philosophy that is in opposition with the average pantheon/nethradin/spirit worshipper's and therefore they are not really in the mood to believe strongly in your prayer and provide you Faith
[Image: MYqnJtt.png]
(03-15-2024, 09:34 PM)ExaByte Wrote: For what it's worth I don't think this is like a hard no on your concept of using Chaos/Discord good ends, it's a 'No, but'- which is different. People have already made the Holy magic correction so I'm not gonna go over that, but the lore of Faith is that it works based off of the Lifestream and its power, and Chaos is the anthesis of the Lifestream. You have Apostate faith because you can get similar results with a different power source, but none of that stops you from using that for your characters good ends. It's just a matter of taking that and working with it more than it is just deciding empirically that Chaos doesn't work that way. I think there's a lot of potential for what you have going on, it's just a matter of getting over this hump of feeling like this is a nerf or something to you.

The issue is that this would be a nerf to them. They literally cannot get faith from ANYONE that isn't either part of their religion or also an apostate (likely nobody they'd want to work with IC). So as of now, their ability to get faith is likely zero.
(03-15-2024, 09:36 PM)Ohverride Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 09:34 PM)ExaByte Wrote: For what it's worth I don't think this is like a hard no on your concept of using Chaos/Discord good ends, it's a 'No, but'- which is different. People have already made the Holy magic correction so I'm not gonna go over that, but the lore of Faith is that it works based off of the Lifestream and its power, and Chaos is the anthesis of the Lifestream. You have Apostate faith because you can get similar results with a different power source, but none of that stops you from using that for your characters good ends. It's just a matter of taking that and working with it more than it is just deciding empirically that Chaos doesn't work that way. I think there's a lot of potential for what you have going on, it's just a matter of getting over this hump of feeling like this is a nerf or something to you.

The issue is that this would be a nerf to them. They literally cannot get faith from ANYONE that isn't either part of their religion or also an apostate (likely nobody they'd want to work with IC). So as of now, their ability to get faith is likely zero.

Correct. And it also makes no sense Icly with how I have been developing things BEFORE this update was even live! Its not even me being like "Omg I want to jump on the bandwagon to gain faith" I was already building links with people of the church of Harmony before there were any mechanical benefits of doing so simply because it fits my faith and the IC.
all i wanted to do was give people a way to change the view of something
even if it ends in failure
what have I done
(03-15-2024, 09:39 PM)Lammy Wrote: all i wanted to do was give people a way to change the view of something
even if it ends in failure
what have I done

Look its already hard enough to get people to believe im not FUCKING INSANE without having to be completely kneecapped on top of it mechanically.

I was already working hard on changing the perception of Chaos but now I can't even work alongside the few allies I've managed to make and it kinda sucks.
Please read the Faith wiki page, specifically the first few paragraphs: https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/lore/i...itle=Faith

Chaos is in direct opposition to the energies that fuel the rites of Faith. I'm not sure if there's a better example than Catildre herself, but basically you're trying to run a diesel car with petrol. This is a major IC handicap. I think many people have tried to explain this to you and provide good reference material, so I'm going to lock this and I suggest calmly reading over their posts again.

This isn't about perceptions, but the fundamental laws of the world.
Topic Options
Thread Closed