bonafidenubbinCharade's End (Gloomlight Grove vs. Midpoint)
[Image: my2pceobwr7.png]

Quiet and steady motion from the Bastion. Increased training and drills. Top-of-the-line gear issued to soldiers, with hushed murmurs of readiness.
And Oracle Loramelian Ueda, ruling by the pen and not by the sword, busy as ever. Letters, a deluge of letters, back and forth across Meranthe on Chireus's whispering wings.
Planning happens in Umbra's shadows, but announcements are for the light of Astra's day.
The notices are pinned to every message board in the kingdom by daggers with black-and-white hilts:

Quote:
"MIDPOINT:
I have always wondered what makes fools believe they will never receive their comeuppance.
Perhaps you thought that no one remembered the days of Pleonexia and their Golden Dreamer.

That no one would recall the name Ascera, or that 'Hiraeth' has ever been synonymous with 'witch'.

That nobody would question why Atrellyan-aligned witches such as Aline Maroth protect your pet abominations from the eyes of righteousness. 
In the end, I suppose it does not matter what you believed.

History, after all, will be written by the victor."
GLOOMLIGHT GROVE
vs.
MIDPOINT.
Date: TBD
Objective: Oust the Fel-loving leaders of Midpoint to capture and try its witches. [VASSALIZE]
[Image: 0bad712e38566d9f18df937e5f04140f.png]

Quote:"...There are so few places I can go where I feel human, these days. Where I'm not so isolated, simply for being a practitioner."
"There are a lot of attempts on my life, lately! I'm quite cross about it! It grows wearying. And so,"
"As the Prophet of Azrael, as Aaliyah Tal, leader of Morningstar,"
"I declare,"

Morningstar offers its aid in the defense of Midpoint, as a free and unbiased market for any to partake in.

Time will only tell what this perhaps unexpected ally might bring with it, or if it will be accepted at all.
[Image: clhfpzlx60013l408ncf08t91_1]
Quote:
"Whilst the ideal of a free market is one that I can empathize with..."
"A place that tolerates the Fel publicly almost always houses a deeper corruption."
"It's time to find out how deep this goes."

The Traverse shall allow its magi to assist in the strike force.
While further inland than the Traverse's armies can reliably assist with, the proximity of the Runegate allows its magi to march with Gloomlight's forces if they choose to.
.[Image: image.png]
Controversy was nothing new to the Chairman of Midpoint, fast approaching was a day they had been prepared for from the beginning. After days of careful consideration - or rather, holding his tongue, a response in open letter is given to all those who sought to bring ruin to his land.
Quote:
"From humble tents to a bustling trading hub, with hard work we have grown from nothing to something great; we are no stranger to the scrutinizing eyes and jealousy of those who know not what it means to control their own destiny.
Our destiny shall not be shaped by undead abominations or demonic forces; their help is denied and unwanted.
I do not take kind to this blatant defamation. I have never paid a Hiraeth,  Ascera, or Aline Maroth nor do they wear Midpoint suits - as such their actions are not our own. Protection is offered to none yet instead of pursuing them specifically you seek to claim a place of business? Greed and gluttony shall be your downfall.
Midpoint shall remain a place of free trade where all are welcome, even the fools who wish to claim my work as their own. Fel and witchcraft are kept from within our industry. The expansion of Gloomlight's sphere of influence shall cease and the incompetence and greed of the Oracle shall be exposed to all and leave Gloomlight worse for wear.
This is the history that will be etched in to reality by I, Madavayanna Gregoris."
[Image: image.png]
Rumours spread of CEO, Kinsley Kingsley having words of his own to add. Usually, they're shared with an imitation of his accent.
Quote:""Y'know what, I got slight respect for ya'. Out 'o all the old fucks - you're the only one to talk less, and fuckin' act. It's a shame you're all demon-lovin' hypocrites though. What, tired of sendin' 'lil kids to do your dirty work for ya'? The fuck's a Pleonexia? Golden Dreamer? This is how I know you're just decrepit 'n bitter over old tales.
All these people you've listed. . They've been frequenting this place; they've sat here unprotected, and yet you did nothin'. Now you think you can bully us and our stalls into acceptin' your bullshit? Fuck that. Free trade never dies. Coin don't discriminate.
As for the skeletons, go back to shutting up and buyin' our wares in silence."
MIDPOINT STAND THEIR GROUND AND DENOUNCE THE UNDEAD.
[Image: mihail-gard-.jpg?1697027204]

From the Castle-City of Martyrs´ Vigil, training drills were a near-monthly occurrence for the Militant Wing of The Order, yet, seemingly even prior to the declaration from the Oracle of Gloomlight, their pace had increased with far more regularity, until the day came.
And as was formality for politics, flyers bearing the order´s crest soon joined Gloomlight´s own, seemingly trailing after, board by board, as an addition from its Church of Morality.

Quote:
"The Crafting Delights.
Pleonexia, and then Prospera.
Midpoint.
The commonality of one thing.
Greed masquerading as equal fairness,
So that a want for coin without morality
, may masquerade as neutrality.

To the Coven of Denath
, know this.
We never forgot about you, since Prospera, and there will be no escape for what you have done.
We know where you shall go, when you flee, and so we will hunt until you accept judgement for your sins.
Again and again, until your works are naught but a memory, to rid the peninsula of your banal temptations
Just as you and yours once tried to erase the memory of another long gone, through Atrellyan Witchcraft.

And to those of Midpoint, who reject history so they may claim ignorance when they repeat it.
There will be a stop put to the complacency that you spew, for it is naught but a poison that spreads.

For far better cities have been put to the pyre by others in memorable times, for far less, and this is but a mercy, granted by The Oracle of Athelios, to judge as is right, equal punishment as befitting the individual."

If right, to be kept right,
If wrong, to be set right.
Under the Benevolent and Vigilant Gaze of our Guiding Star.
Her Blessed Tribunal commands, and thus its Order answers.

This missive has been brought to you from the desk of the Hand of Hope.

The die had been cast.
The Goldlight Order would support Gloomlight´s siege and occupation of Midpoint.

From the dunes amidst the desert rises a message. From within it, a small batch of squadrons are dispatched.

Dressed in all black, the effect is clear. Trade convoys, to and from Gloomlight, are their main target. From within the depths of the Institute, the otherwise flowery smell of Solais and its creations is overwhelmed by the rising smoke. They mobilize, legions of non-magi beginning to push forward large hunks of metal, reinforced to the brim - Samples of the same technology that was used to animate primordial synthetics, but turned into a different means for vehicles of war. Each and every single one burning enough coal to tint the skies black wherever they go through.

In Final Frontier, fliers are stamped upon every piece of the city.
Within them, a variety of messages.

"The brave soldiers of Final Frontier stand against the demonic horde!", amidst imagery that showcases soldiers in the Proto Institute's black and blue fighting against a never-ending horde of demonic entities.
"Against the expansionists, the Western Front stands strong! Greed shall not rule our world!", with a hooded figure clad in white and black trying to grasp the figure of a dome. Under their large hand, soldiers wearing a myriad colors raise their sword. Eternia is flat, deal with it.
"To protect Lady Azalea's dignity, we fight for a better tomorrow!", with a portrait that seems very similar to Azalea Aubreen sitting in the foreground, crying- As someone burns in the background in a pyre of black and white flame.

A series of posters is spread throughout the city, as well.
One for Azalea and Katryovno.
[Image: my2pceg8ve7.jpg][Image: 84jdcelq5o4.jpg]
One for Monarch and Krahe.
[Image: l7lxc5qo8q7.jpg][Image: d7ogc6m3oxy.jpg]
After clearing up some communication errors.
A Horde of Goblins and Beastkin begin to make their way to the front lines. 
[Image: Three-Goblinoids-via-ondorwis.fandom.com_.jpg]
At the helm, was the Goblin War Chief. The banner of the army was not of Prospera, but rather the ragged Red Moons on a Black Banner that was held high.
[Image: 1707226_1.png?ex=6693132e&is=6691c1ae&hm...2dd76f842&]
The war band moving towards the allies before the Goblin War Chief stepped forward, preparing a pile of boxes to stand tall before his troops.

Quote:
"Is never wanted to fight in this war. Neutrality respected for the ones that do business. Is way of the world. Coin is important. Is even have many friends over the enemy lines. These facts is mean little though.

Nightfall Clan is was founded long ago, to fight against the hidden darkness in the continent. Demons, witches, necromancers, undead, corrupt politicians, and even deranged magical beast.

A fact for any soldier is that one day is may have friend at end of blade. No instead, Nightfall listen well, is fight for the allies that is have. We fight for glory in the battlefield. Furthermore we fight to slay the deep seated darkness before it spreads. Our clan stands tall, and fights for what is created for.

For Victory!"

As the horde began to chant to their War Chief's words, the soldiers would begin to combine with those of Aphros.

Nightfall Clan joins the fight
Goal: Root the corruption within Midpoint
The treasures of war?
[Image: d73dc1b2aeb52d9ed5a5b423698c758a.jpg]

Unstable, Toji heard words about the pending chaos. Seeing to this nothing but joy fills the weak demon in his old age. Due to recent events having now responsibility to take care of the weaker kindred or mortals. He stem toward stealing all the treasures from each fallen or shall be falling to the ground.
Quote:
"He who seeks answers shall find it through there skills. As i shall be taking your treasures to empower the weak."
Toji

A random weak demon joins the fights without his ally knowing. Since he want to give them what they need to strive for improvement.
[Image: 84apcprjom4.png]

"It is about time..."

Armored in Scales and Steel, Claws and Blades shinging amidst the sun, wings casting a shadow amidst the skies over the West.
War has come, and the Dragons are preparing to move.

After a firm Handshake between the Commander of Dragon's Nest and the Chairman of Midpoint, an alliance was formed.

Quote:
"Since I can remember, Gloomlight has been quite forceful on their ideals, spreading rumors and badmouthing people and nations, spreading their narrative as truthful again, and again. It wouldn't be long until they decided to expand even more. However, that can't be allowed.

So, I call it forth. Sharpen your blades, raise forth your shields and staves Drakans!

The hunt has begun, let blood be shed and fire run through your veins!

Do not let the Hypocritical and Corrupt conquer what is not theirs to take!"
Goal: Aid in the defense of Midpoint.
Many voices have piped up since the Frontier began its wave of propaganda and its campaign of assaults on Gloomlight's trade convoys, but the Grove itself has been silent - until now.

Another post. No cute propaganda slogans, no smiling women. (It really wouldn't be their style, after all.)

Just cold, clear truth.

Quote:When the Frontier first vassalized Midpoint, we welcomed the news that a peaceful solution to the problem might be possible.

To be certain our concerns were taken seriously, Gloomlight Grove asked the Frontier for two terms: to be allowed to question Zoryana Hiraeth under the supervision of the Church of Alacritas, and to be able to help with the investigation of Midpoint's citizenry, with a promise of sharing any and all pertinent records. The barest show of good faith from the Proto Institute, to prove that they shared our opposition to witchery. In return, we pledged to cancel our declaration of war.

These terms were refused, without explanation, defense, or excuse.

If anyone still doubts that Midpoint has something to hide, let them doubt no longer.

They would rather go to war than allow us to examine their affairs.

As for Gloomlight? We have no need to conceal our part in any of this. And we will not bow down to the forces of the Fel.

All yet-undeclared leaders of Meranthe, my people will be reaching out to you in the immediate future with a comprehensive copy of years of reconnaissance, proving the infiltration of the Coven of Denath through Dragon's Nest and Midpoint, and confirming Midpoint and Proto Institute personnel's alliances with the demons of Atrellya.

Any who have dabbled with the Coven and wish to repent your ways before you are made pariah in all of Meranthe? This is your chance.
Surrender yourself to Gloomlight freely and we -will- work with you to see you set on a new path.
Take up arms against us, and we will be less merciful."

THE WAR CONTINUES, UNABATED.
WEDNESDAY 7/17, 6 PM EST
Topic Options