Suggestions
(10-11-2022, 01:17 AM)Mallow Wrote: please put in a new policy regarding invisiblity potion users must be liable to at least dotting their presence so that they can interact with it

What, so people can meta it like they meta everything else? "I can sense your presence" and stupid shit like that, I can just imagine it

Invisibility potions are the only way some people can even leave cities without getting grimed on the spot by antag of the week #128934872, keep them in thanks <3
Invisibility potions to leave cities to not get grimed are great! Invisiblity potions to just sit in on meetings/follow antags to expose 100% of every secret they have and they have no counterplay are kind of lame.
make if u dash u turn visible, use a spell u turn visible, viola!!
(10-11-2022, 04:03 AM)Iotasilver Wrote: just sit in on meetings/follow antags to expose 100% of every secret they have and they have no counterplay are kind of lame.

...Okay, I didn't think of that. Sorry, that sounds pretty awful too.

Maybe make it so that scout reveals people with invis potions, but doesn't allow you to pursue them? As a way of verifying if anyone's nearby.
Just use /ping.
(10-11-2022, 04:15 AM)Shadovarn Wrote: Just use /ping.

You can't just use ping continually, and unless I'm mistaken, ping range is smaller than rp range. It'd be very easy to cheese that.
You're not allowed to use ping to detect invisible people.
Look, if you're plotting shit with people, you better do it in securable rooms. Rooms that you can just do a casual /ping here and there to make sure no one is inside to listen.

If you're worried about your plots being heard by an invisible gremlin while you discuss it in the market square, then you have bigger issues.
(10-11-2022, 04:25 AM)FireStartingSnake Wrote: You're not allowed to use ping to detect invisible people.

not true, if you couldn't use /ping to detect someone then we'd hide invisible characters from the list mechanically

invisibility potions are fine and encourage unique play, but could do with some changes to make detection fairer
(10-11-2022, 04:28 AM)chance Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 04:25 AM)FireStartingSnake Wrote: You're not allowed to use ping to detect invisible people.

not true, if you couldn't use /ping to detect someone then we'd hide invisible characters from the list mechanically

invisibility potions are fine and encourage unique play, but could do with some changes to make detection fairer

Admin ruled we couldn't use ping.
Topic Options