ChanceDM Chance
Character: Linden Aubreen
Which Event: Meranthe's Twelve [HEIST]

Responsiveness: it was faaaaast 10/10

Balance: The fights were hard and punishing if you made a mistake, but offered breathing room though a set pattern and no targetting. I saw the complaints about the Lykon fight, but considering that his death gave extra loot, combined with the event itself being an ECOD(or whatever the fuck certain death is classified as) and a technical imperfect boss battle, I cant say that there was much of an issue. It was supposed to be hard, and he did retarget people even when he didn't have to. Soul drain scary asf. Even if I don't wanna admit it, out of thriteen people for what the event was and what we were doing 1 death is on the lower end of what one might expect 10/10

I lowkey did want my ones with him though

Storytelling: I loved exploring atrellya and seeing the genius prisoner idea come into play.  Lirael was going crazy 10/10

Fairness: We got good materials, I fuck with it

Overall: probably a top three event I've ever been on of all time

Comment: Fuck that bitch ass wolf that was helping Lykon, on god he not valid in the deathbox

Lykon we gonna run hands in the deathbox when I die
Character: Loramelian

Which Event: Meranthe's Twelve [HEIST]

Responsiveness: Remarkably swift considering there were 13 (!!) of us. Chance is pretty much the best of the best on this front, now and always - insanely good at corralling huge groups. We might have been a bit slow in the earlier sections, but I think that's pretty much entirely on us (doh). I suppose it's fair to say that a little bit could have been trimmed for length, but again... 13 pcs, 13 hours is pretty damn reasonable.

Balance: Very good. Constantly felt in fear of my life, really merited the Extreme Chance of Death (I think 4-5 of us went into the final fight with a 1 in 6 chance to die on a down.) Lykon completely murdered me in ~10 seconds each time in two rounds back to back but frankly I 1) asked for that ICly and 2) enjoyed it tremendously OOCly. It really upped the stakes and danger to an incredible amount to get to fight a legendary PC turned EC, and it was a great moment of closure I hadn't expected. So I'm glad Lykon was there, and really, I think everyone else is too!

Storytelling: Fantastic. I loved this more tabletop-like event structure, with stats and powers and a lot of space for RP decisions to matter every bit as much as combat capability/prowess. I also enjoyed the combination of very serious moments with very funny ones in a way that somehow didn't create whiplash. (FUCKIN' PUSSY...) Lykon really truly elevated it with the personal touch, and he and Yugram going out together couldn't have been more perfect.

Fairness: I started sweating the second I saw that rolling a 1 after -any- perm got you a death roll, but in the end it never felt like the deck was stacked against us, and the rewards were very generous - especially considering what we were truly there for.

Overall: Just AWESOME. Having been a part of this was a character-defining moment. Also a really good demonstration in how much flexibility DMs have to add/improvise systems on top of the base game (tank, healer, commander, and the Nemea invocation!) and how well that works to make events pop. 
Character: Miriam Equisol
Which Event: To The Hollow Throne

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): He pretyped some narrates and kept me interested even though I didn't sleep at all.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): he hit me and my stupid fucking husband with occult cannon three times before the cooldown ended and then asked why did i stay on the side, like what the fuck did you want me to do, die?
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): chance is great at pacing and writing a story; creative for a pices. but the true story was written by the ongoers and their interactions were great.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): i lived bitch

Overall: excellent as always, like fortnite

Any other comments: dont you ever target me again bastard
Character: Thomas Equisol

Responsiveness: Very responsive! The narrates included everyone's actions - even to the smallest bit. He also accounted for those who were late and included them in a super cool way imo!
Balance: holy fuck. Confusedob: my bolt accidentally procced on chance when i was turning on devouring winds and he went ham on me. never again!!!
Storytelling: top notch story telling, as usual. I truly enjoy the way he writes the narrates, because he incorporates small details that make the environment feel alive.
Fairness: Very fair, me thinks.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: FINALLY i get to go on a chance event after having to miss out for so long. Confusedob:
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: Fn81wCh.png]
Character: Renfae

Responsiveness: The response time on narrates was very good, in my experience I'm usually left waiting 30+ minutes but instead it was usually 10 to 15 on average!

Storytelling: I enjoyed the storytelling very much in this event, I personally got a lot of quips from the NPC's we were fighting against and it made me feel included. They were an interesting bunch, and as a whole I found the story clear to understand and digest. It ended remarkably well, I would happily participate in this kind of event again.

Fairness: The event was quite fair when it came to EC standards, they followed a set pattern and switched it up half way through which really made you have to think on your feet. I almost made it through without an injury, but unfortunately you shouldn't quickdraw an EC, you might find yourself standing on 10+ aoes. :)

Overall: Overall I really enjoyed this event and I think it told a great story, there was quite a lot of room for things to go wrong with the characters involved yet it flowed almost seamlessly. I don't regret any of the actions my character took during this entire event, and that's something I can't usually say! The narrations were on point, the EC fights were difficult but not unbeatable even if somewhat brutal and the conclusion has made me excited to see more.

10/10 I would do this again
Topic Options