Part 3 of Fru's Demands[Completely (un)Warranted] (COMING SOON!)
(05-13-2020, 07:28 PM)drea Wrote: something something im nadrew and adding the recolours to cosmic will bring the cpu to 400%

its sad because yinadele and i added recolors to cosmic together that i made (for the cosmic wings :) ) and it did Not Affect The Server
please replace star rain with the better looking one i made too its been 6 years and i still cant stand looking at it
Quote:14. Reward more skillshot based builds.

Yes, but also be very careful with skill-shot adjustments. If they get too powerful, you're just focusing everyone into the very narrow 'skillshot guarentee' skills to land their shots in wild combos that delete a massive portion of hp.

It's been five years and I'm still mad about Achilles.

I'm not going to stop.
(05-13-2020, 07:37 PM)Vriska Wrote: not all applications are the same. intermediates aren't as closely looked at as exalted abilities, for example.

we also take into account how many hiddens a person has. while your first hidden application could be an easy "yes", the second one could take a lot more thought and discussion to reach a conclusion.

That's understandable, but the reasoning behind some of the denials that have been given are quite unacceptable, especially, when there have been characters who possess more than one hidden and still, easily attain it over others who have something minor. In general, I think that admin should lighten up considerably because some of these things that I'm seeing isn't too good. If you want, we could discuss this in pms but...I doubt we'll still see eye to eye on the matter.

And on another related(but not so related) note, I think the wikipedia should be updated.
(05-13-2020, 07:37 PM)Vriska Wrote: not all applications are the same. intermediates aren't as closely looked at as exalted abilities, for example.

we also take into account how many hiddens a person has. while your first hidden application could be an easy "yes", the second one could take a lot more thought and discussion to reach a conclusion.

Understandable. To a degree. But when you have trees like. 

Armed/Unarmed That only have. EXALTED tier abilities. You kinda pigeon hole yourself into both seeing those apps appear. And then the players themselves feeling forced to go them. 

No, elemental stances do not count. But things like WILDBOAR do, which sadly? Is another exalted ability. 

I'd like to also learn more about the process had between admins when they finally decide how to properly approach players in the response to their app. Although you pointed out how /long/ it might take to reach a conclusion. There's still the rest of her topic pertaining to the responses given and reasoning behind it.

One such example

[Image: 65d8af54b0f4df8be173af1b54c991b3.png]

P.s. I have two applications in the baker. Waiting on response, but regardless of the fact. I feel an urge to bring this up. As someone whose constantly had their motivation trampled on by the admin team.
i appreciate the fact you're sticking out your neck, adressing points others wouldn't dare to

that said..

buff ethereal wings : )

also why does every builds going and winning against chance always get nerfed?

cough cough cough
i think wrt applications,  something that could be done is ... like, an Example Archive of particularly notable applications of each level. Looking at the archive,  I'm not sure if an application for anything Intermediate has been archived — and, if it has, it's because i dont have the encyclopedic knowledge of what spell is what level.

There are a lot of high level, very important applications archived,  and a lot of low level cosmic tomes, but not a whole lot that's in between.
(05-13-2020, 07:45 PM)Mali Wrote:

That's understandable, but the reasoning behind some of the denials that have been given are quite unacceptable, especially, when there have been characters who possess more than one hidden and still, easily attain it over others who have something minor. In general, I think that admin should lighten up considerably because some of these things that I'm seeing isn't too good. If you want, we could discuss this in pms but...I doubt we'll still see eye to eye on the matter.

And on another related(but not so related) note, I think the wikipedia should be updated.

unfortunately i also doubt we'll see eye to eye on this, but i do also understand where you're coming from.

for the most part, i do try to be lenient when it comes to someone's first application (unless it's for an exalted ability). the issue arises when someone applies for a lot of hiddens and various perks, and i personally judge applications for second (or god forbid, third) hiddens much harsher than i would for a first one. this isn't something all the other admins follow, but that is how i look at applications. i judge subsequent apps mostly on the level of exalteds no matter the actual tier.

as a note, i do realize that there aren't balanced hiddens for each magic tree. this isn't something we have a lot of control over, but i do agree that for certain builds it can be difficult to find a decent hidden that works.
(05-13-2020, 07:46 PM)Laemor Wrote:

Understandable. To a degree. But when you have trees like. 

Armed/Unarmed That only have. EXALTED tier abilities. You kinda pigeon hole yourself into both seeing those apps appear. And then the players themselves feeling forced to go them. 

No, elemental stances do not count. But things like WILDBOAR do, which sadly? Is another exalted ability. 

I'd like to also learn more about the process had between admins when they finally decide how to properly approach players in the response to their app. Although you pointed out how /long/ it might take to reach a conclusion. There's still the rest of her topic pertaining to the responses given and reasoning behind it.

One such example

[Image: 65d8af54b0f4df8be173af1b54c991b3.png]

P.s. I have two applications in the baker. Waiting on response, but regardless of the fact. I feel an urge to bring this up. As someone whose constantly had their motivation trampled on by the admin team.

its weird cus rhoynur are meant to be battle heavy in lore but that isn't considered for apps I guess!
the way u downvoted the app response.. i-
Topic Options