Part 3 of Fru's Demands[Completely (un)Warranted] (COMING SOON!)
(05-13-2020, 07:46 PM)Laemor Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 07:37 PM)Vriska Wrote: not all applications are the same. intermediates aren't as closely looked at as exalted abilities, for example.

we also take into account how many hiddens a person has. while your first hidden application could be an easy "yes", the second one could take a lot more thought and discussion to reach a conclusion.

Understandable. To a degree. But when you have trees like. 

Armed/Unarmed That only have. EXALTED tier abilities. You kinda pigeon hole yourself into both seeing those apps appear. And then the players themselves feeling forced to go them. 

No, elemental stances do not count. But things like WILDBOAR do, which sadly? Is another exalted ability. 

I'd like to also learn more about the process had between admins when they finally decide how to properly approach players in the response to their app. Although you pointed out how /long/ it might take to reach a conclusion. There's still the rest of her topic pertaining to the responses given and reasoning behind it.

One such example

[Image: 65d8af54b0f4df8be173af1b54c991b3.png]

P.s. I have two applications in the baker. Waiting on response, but regardless of the fact. I feel an urge to bring this up. As someone whose constantly had their motivation trampled on by the admin team.
Forgive the bad templating / typos since I’m writing this from my phone (I have no internet until tomorrow because fucking Israel and this shit ass pandemic ok). We each type a response to an application as long as we have something to add / mention that someone else hasn’t said before. Sometimes we post “I agree with x” and that’s not put into the app response since... there’s no point specifying that, I think.

Anyway, regarding your application: you were below the official reqs, you were given a lengthy response from a judge’s point of view (which by the way, isn’t necessarily 100% accurate or correct, sometimes people have a bad time showcasing their character/their story and we have to judge based off that as well). In addition, I offered to talk to you about it more in private and explain my point of view. You chose not to approach me, which is fine. Instead... You chose to downvote the response to the application 10+ times.

The -1 rep is really not that big of a deal, but if you want to talk to someone... just approach them lmao. esp when they offer / constantly answer ur questions on discord.

Also, you’ve had one application out of three to be denied, I believe. I.. don’t know what makes you think that we (or I?) dislike you so much, but it isn’t true. So again, if you want to talk to me about something, just DM me. It’s that easy.
[Image: trio.png]
Buckle up motherfuckers because I have an effortpost with this threads name on it when I get home.
(05-13-2020, 07:51 PM)Vriska Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 07:45 PM)Mali Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 07:37 PM)Vriska Wrote: not all applications are the same. intermediates aren't as closely looked at as exalted abilities, for example.

we also take into account how many hiddens a person has. while your first hidden application could be an easy "yes", the second one could take a lot more thought and discussion to reach a conclusion.

That's understandable, but the reasoning behind some of the denials that have been given are quite unacceptable, especially, when there have been characters who possess more than one hidden and still, easily attain it over others who have something minor. In general, I think that admin should lighten up considerably because some of these things that I'm seeing isn't too good. If you want, we could discuss this in pms but...I doubt we'll still see eye to eye on the matter.

And on another related(but not so related) note, I think the wikipedia should be updated.

unfortunately i also doubt we'll see eye to eye on this, but i do also understand where you're coming from.

for the most part, i do try to be lenient when it comes to someone's first application (unless it's for an exalted ability). the issue arises when someone applies for a lot of hiddens and various perks, and i personally judge applications for second (or god forbid, third) hiddens much harsher than i would for a first one. this isn't something all the other admins follow, but that is how i look at applications. i judge subsequent apps mostly on the level of exalteds no matter the actual tier.

as a note, i do realize that there aren't balanced hiddens for each magic tree. this isn't something we have a lot of control over, but i do agree that for certain builds it can be difficult to find a decent hidden that works.

Very understandable- I hope that it doesn't seem as if I'm trying to crucify the admin team or anything, because I get it...Sometimes, going through apps all  day can be a little bit tiring and judgement can vary from time to time. I guess a lot of what makes me curious is mostly me wondering how the 'process' is...Although, I'm sure it's quite simple. Either way! Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated.
(05-13-2020, 07:58 PM)Hated Wrote:

Armed/Unarmed That only have. EXALTED tier abilities. You kinda pigeon hole yourself into both seeing those apps appear. And then the players themselves feeling forced to go them. 

No, elemental stances do not count. But things like WILDBOAR do, which sadly? Is another exalted ability. 

I'd like to also learn more about the process had between admins when they finally decide how to properly approach players in the response to their app. Although you pointed out how /long/ it might take to reach a conclusion. There's still the rest of her topic pertaining to the responses given and reasoning behind it.

One such example

P.s. I have two applications in the baker. Waiting on response, but regardless of the fact. I feel an urge to bring this up. As someone whose constantly had their motivation trampled on by the admin team.

its weird cus rhoynur are meant to be battle heavy in lore but that isn't considered for apps I guess!

"because im a battle race i should be rewarded for my dbu naruto rip-ass soulless chad dev and not discouraged from playing a set of numbers rather than a character in this writing-based game "

banned man go home
[Image: EXtqzDvWAAAhycc?format=jpg&name=small]

a lot of things need to be looked at ngl...
(05-13-2020, 08:11 PM)Mali Wrote:

That's understandable, but the reasoning behind some of the denials that have been given are quite unacceptable, especially, when there have been characters who possess more than one hidden and still, easily attain it over others who have something minor. In general, I think that admin should lighten up considerably because some of these things that I'm seeing isn't too good. If you want, we could discuss this in pms but...I doubt we'll still see eye to eye on the matter.

And on another related(but not so related) note, I think the wikipedia should be updated.

unfortunately i also doubt we'll see eye to eye on this, but i do also understand where you're coming from.

for the most part, i do try to be lenient when it comes to someone's first application (unless it's for an exalted ability). the issue arises when someone applies for a lot of hiddens and various perks, and i personally judge applications for second (or god forbid, third) hiddens much harsher than i would for a first one. this isn't something all the other admins follow, but that is how i look at applications. i judge subsequent apps mostly on the level of exalteds no matter the actual tier.

as a note, i do realize that there aren't balanced hiddens for each magic tree. this isn't something we have a lot of control over, but i do agree that for certain builds it can be difficult to find a decent hidden that works.

Very understandable- I hope that it doesn't seem as if I'm trying to crucify the admin team or anything, because I get it...Sometimes, going through apps all  day can be a little bit tiring and judgement can vary from time to time. I guess a lot of what makes me curious is mostly me wondering how the 'process' is...Although, I'm sure it's quite simple. Either way! Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated.

It's a pretty simple process, yeah. We all vote, and if we're conflicted we'll discuss it further. Some apps are easier than others. We take a lot of things into account that isn't necessarily reflected in the denials, but I've been trying to get better about writing more helpful denials to some of the apps that give us trouble.

This game is a very subjective game, as is natural of RP games. We can't follow any "strict" guidelines for what a good app is, because everyone's app is different and each admin usually has differing opinions. If the votes are split, someone has to make a final decision and that can sometimes be stressful and difficult. We do understand how hard it is to post an application and put your effort out there, but we unfortunately can't approve every application.

But I hope this at least shed some light on how we handle applications.
Apps definitely feel like some people are given leniency and others are given a hard time. When someone is known all across the world and everyone knows what their character is about / the ideals they push there's no way they should be denied for the same thing that someone else got approved for when they're less-known and their progress has been more or less irrelevant and uninteresting logs up until halfway through.

Or literally the point of "this app is bad but approved".
Or watching someone who's character was doing things for a bit, then stopped, but still got approved.

There's a level of expectation that seems unreal for some characters while others get a free pass because they're not in the spotlight, thus aren't expected to change the world in a major way.

I'm not saying it's the norm, but there are definitely apps in the archives that show a difference in standards.

In the quest to nerf boring sustain builds and 10 minutes fights DR was nerfed by a whole 3% at 200 mana while agility was nerfed across the board. The dash nerf is needed in my opinion (fuck plasma dashes every second why even have slows or cleanses at that point) but mana needs to take a hit too.

Teraphim are still wild and crystal heart is probably the best use out of a single button. 8% AP and 12md heal without a chance to fail vastly overperforms compared to things people cry about being strong (invigorate) or claim they're weak because they root you (ingrain) despite them being strong number-wise. Being able to teleport out of any bad situation is crazy and even without damage it would be usable.

Blood aura is literally on the level of some exalted. I'd rather have blood aura than valor's light or ascension. 10 vit 25md 10% ap??? don't even tell me that it's only when people bleed, scarlet darts has a 7 seconds cd...

Melodic repose got overnerfed.

I'm tired of watching people go shadow and just run in circles around me at mach 10 calling me a honky and telling me to verb better as they instantly tp behind me to hit me with their 5 second CD 4k damage nuke that knocks back before they retreat into their trillionth immunity and dash a thousand times in 3 seconds flat
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
(05-13-2020, 08:12 PM)drea Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 07:58 PM)Hated Wrote:

One such example

its weird cus rhoynur are meant to be battle heavy in lore but that isn't considered for apps I guess!

"because im a battle race i should be rewarded for my dbu naruto rip-ass soulless chad dev and not discouraged from playing a set of numbers rather than a character in this writing-based game "

banned man go home

Normally I'd agree with a sentiment like this. Since Oscuri were battle heavy in lore in both Eternia 1 and Spires.

HOWEVER....

Rhyonish mechanically get buffed Dangerous AP gains. Oscuri did not.

How is anyone supposed to see them except in that sort of fashion? The buffed AP gains from dangerous combat just supports the mentality of heavy combat, more combat, and combat oriented development. Or just being a very violent individual. Whereas Oscuri did not have an OOC mechanic to support their IC battle lust.

Personally? I see them as a race whose mechanically, and lorewise, supported to develop in the most volatile and violent way possible.

And until their double AP gains from dangerous combat is changed into something more supportive of a writing environment over a "Me Big battlecuck" environment. That's just how I'm going to see the race as a whole.

There's proof that people DON'T go this route via Rhyonish.
There's also proof that people do.

Change Rhyonish racial when? I'm never going to stop hating the 'Gets bigger gains from dangerouses'.
[Image: a1c5821151379249915fc28ad734e73f.png]
hey, i don't app a lot.. apped like 4-5 times, spires and eternia combined? (2 were accepted out of these) the rest? i paid for them because i just fucking hate apping.

it's not because I don't want to come out with a good, interesting (?) story

but
hey
I'm sorry for what about to say..

but I can't help to feel like there's bias behind the whole application system. you're trying your best, we know, but there are so many complains about how the system works..

like.. when I see Basten's application? compare him to a battlecuck when he's kind of rhoynur..? I'm no admin, no mod, i can't check logs, but the dude has been working for years to make Ilburg something, he goes on all events, does crime shit selling drugs, is involved with the stuff going on, he spends resources/time to make Ilburg a better place instead of just, going away.. and by the way, apparently it was his first app? hidden?

when i see that someone like HIM gets a declined, I don't even want to TRY and app. so I come up with cool concepts, but they never last long.. since I have no end goal and eventually? I get bored of the game.

I feel like there's a cruel lack of transparency.

Back then, when I wanted to app for an intermediate before timeskip on Zus, I was told I need at least 10 logs.. but apparently, you only need.. 4-5? Oh wait, no, you need 8-10? Oh wait, no no no, it's a case-to-case basis. Well then.. fuck? I just don't know anymore.

anyways, there are so many good reasons to deny applications 

Ideally? No players should review apps, because in all honesty? If I was to review applications tomorrow? I would know for a fact that i'd be biased. I'd be more lenient towards my buds and deny all of Hated's applications (huehuehue, i'm kidding..)

but yeah, it just sucks.

I see my buds fail at application, but I don't see any admins / mods failing with apps. It could be because they're good, better players than the 'common' folk and maybe I only have access to the archives so maybe I'm wrong with that, but maybe not.

also

I dislike when we're been shutted down by mods / admins when we DARE to ask for informations on a few hiddens. "You're supposed to app based on your IC" is what is thrown at us. Honestly? It's just a poor excuse.. Yeah, we usually want to app for something that compliments well our builds. why would I want to app for an aura if I already have one? Or, hey, I'm an agi build.. does this hidden provide agi? Simple as that. But hey, apparently it's 'bad'

I'm sorry but if it's bad to know what we're apping for, then you shouldn't be able to check a hidden's stats.

my semi-angry rant.
(05-13-2020, 08:17 PM)Vriska Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 08:11 PM)Mali Wrote:

It's a pretty simple process, yeah. We all vote, and if we're conflicted we'll discuss it further. Some apps are easier than others. We take a lot of things into account that isn't necessarily reflected in the denials, but I've been trying to get better about writing more helpful denials to some of the apps that give us trouble.

This game is a very subjective game, as is natural of RP games. We can't follow any "strict" guidelines for what a good app is, because everyone's app is different and each admin usually has differing opinions. If the votes are split, someone has to make a final decision and that can sometimes be stressful and difficult. We do understand how hard it is to post an application and put your effort out there, but we unfortunately can't approve every application.

But I hope this at least shed some light on how we handle applications.

No! It hurt my feelings. (Truthfully I just kinda roasted Dani and we had a good laugh.)

I do understand the application process is probably one of the most difficult things because as players, and as admins, both sides are looking from their opinion(subjective and otherwise professional). And that can make or break some people when they get denied. Some don't take it as constructive, some take it as chili being thrown in the pot when they were making spaghetti.

But I've always felt it was pointless to get upset over it really, because a denial just means they want to see more of the character and see you reach a particular point, and an approval kind of means the same thing? You're given it because they believe you've done a substantial amount, and want to see more now with the added power/fluff.

I will say though, that I get it from both side.

Now...

Why did my agility get nerfed. I barely crit as is with a decent crit rate, why do you want me to suffer more now with lower crit damage.
Topic Options