Entering a City as an Enemy
My two cents without reading the whole thread.

Yea no, bring back the ganks. Enter an enemy city and get caught? You deserve to get stomped out.

And for what I did read. From my view point Theria stance made sense because OSRONA was the bigger enemy of two sides. And the way the sequence went is SOLELY because of IC means.  Because Osrona and Myl was good money until shit occurred at a wedding. Before that it was Theria jump central. Welcome to diplomacy and why it's important.

(05-14-2020, 10:25 PM)Horus Wrote: There was a holy war that Myllenoris was apart of against Theria, I still on how we forgive that the next year IC? This is the thing that would fester for years anytime you saw someone from Myllenoris.
Enemy of my enemy is my ally. Myllenoris was apart of that holy crusade but not apart of the killing of one of the demi-gods of Theria. Lesser of two evils and the like. I sort of see the bigger picture of it all and can see how this all came to play out.
hey imagine if a radiant got captured twice in the town square hahahahahahahaha
i know i can't verb guys stop kidnapping me
I mean, you have to be really good at pissing people off to get a bunch of people who hate each other to hate something in particular more. I think the current league and its ambitions within Osrona came about from pretty steady IC. Theria hates Osrona for obvious reasons, Ilburg is Rhoynish and Rhoynish have been given a shit hand by Osrona for like seventy years, and well.

Never trust an elf.
I'm not sure how fleeing works, as I'm still new, and I think just defaulting to ganks to solve an issue is a bit anticlimactic. What about having multiple flee rolls to have like a chase scene?  This is taken influence from a few tabletop games I've read/played. This game feels like it focuses more on the narrative than the mechanic, so I believe a narrative answer would suit things. 

If you're in enemy territory and need to flee, rather than just rolling once and getting the highest number to see if you can escape, you instead roll 3 times. The person fleeing will need to roll the highest three times to flee successfully from enemy territory. Whereas the pursuers will just need to roll higher once to catch the individual. If the pursuer loses the encounter, and there are others chasing, the person on the run will have to try to beat all of the numbers 3 times again.  Each roll is a round for the chase.

So for example:

Quote:Mike is in the middle of enemy territory as a spy. He is revealed to be a spy and is now on the run. Lu and Og are at the scene and they go for the chase. Mike rolls the highest, then Lu, and last is Og.  Mike is able to roleplay being ahead with whatever fluff they want to add.  They are still being chased.

Round 2 happens, and this time Lu rolls the highest, Og rolls last and Mike is in the middle.  Lu catches up and fights Mike.  Mike wins and now is able to keep running. 

Round 3 takes place. Og can't catch Mike with his rolls, but Mike isn't free. He needs to roll higher 2 more times.  Mike makes it to Round 5 where Og finally rolls higher. Og beats Mike, and Mike is then captured.

I think this way will not only give a clear advantage to the home turf, but makes it more interesting and freeform for both sides. Once again, I'd like to repeat that I'm not too familiar with how fleeing and pursuing works as I'm still new. For all I know, this may be how it's done, or something similar, hell, this may even make the problem worse.  I'm not sure, I'm only throwing pasta at the wall and seeing if it sticks.  (Think that's the saying)  I've only seen them used a few times which resulted in an automatic fight or the person fleeing.  Also, chases are epic. 

PS: If you recognize the names, you're cool in my book.
(05-14-2020, 09:32 PM)chance Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 09:28 PM)ilio Wrote: ...

while fair, couldn't the same be said when osrona+ilburg+myll joined up against theria?

or it was something like that anyway. i don't think a good answer to alliances being formed against the perceived strongest is to restrict people's options OOCly. there's a lot that could be said about that subject in general, and it mostly boils down to lukewarm decisions that are 'easy' rather than interesting, and it's sometimes tough to be the person taking a stance...

it wasnt myllenoris + illburg + osrona. but that would have also been very dumb had it happened.

it was myllenoris + osrona with illburg neutral, but yes, still, quite dumb and im saying that as the player responsible.

though, i do agree with you. will just have to see how the rest of this game pans out, either way. like i said earlier, i wouldnt have wanted anything changed until after the war.

edited because of drea
(there isnt a 'rest of the wipe', this game isnt wiped)
(05-15-2020, 11:11 AM)drea Wrote: (there isnt a 'rest of the wipe', this game isnt wiped)

Tell that to the timeskip we had
there have been three wipes in seven years

the timeskip happened bc 3.0 was bad
Topic Options