Suggestions
Adjust the stats or the materials on staves versus gloves, this is absolutely ridiculous.

[Image: 2c693911a75f715a1a2e5c00cceb7c7b.png]

The staff is *slightly* stronger, and that's even debatable, but requires twenty more RPL and six Orichalcum that the gloves just... Don't need? Why? Why are gloves universally better?

Or, we go a bit further backwards, to T3.

[Image: c502c1708775ae2b9b4af7c582896383.png]

Ah, yes. I truly wonder what weapon people will use. The weapon that requires quite literally half the mats (and much more common mats at that), and 100 RPL as opposed to an RPL that I think ONE PLAYER has. Oh, and the 180 staff has weight, while the gloves don't... Why. It's so irritating to see people running around in luxury store weapons or gloves, or unique Aphros weapons, and nothing else because everything else is worthless in comparison.
(08-12-2022, 10:27 PM)CrystikRage Wrote: ...

The design choices for this were motivated by:
1.) In E3, after a year or so past, artificer gear became extremely common / lost all value since there is no degradation or destruction. Gear being so easy to craft was a part of that (you'd easily pop out 20 items, keep the rares/ultras, then shelf the rest)
2.) Ores were extremely common. Everywhere. Endless.
3.) When a weapon costs a single ore (which again, extremely common) you have infinite gear. 

So now there's some requirements in crafting a full gear set, and while there is the downside of it being more difficult to upgrade your own gear, it does mean said gear has value and will sell on stores when you put it up. Better than it all being junk due to oversaturation in the long-term.

Not a true solution to the issues mentioned, and with downsides of their own, but it wasn't just a 'make life harder' change.
(08-12-2022, 10:49 PM)chance Wrote:

1.) In E3, after a year or so past, artificer gear became extremely common / lost all value since there is no degradation or destruction. Gear being so easy to craft was a part of that (you'd easily pop out 20 items, keep the rares/ultras, then shelf the rest)
3.) When a weapon costs a single ore (which again, extremely common) you have infinite gear. 

So now there's some requirements in crafting a full gear set, and while there is the downside of it being more difficult to upgrade your own gear, it does mean said gear has value and will sell on stores when you put it up. Better than it all being junk due to oversaturation in the long-term.

Not a true solution to the issues mentioned, and with downsides of their own, but it wasn't just a 'make life harder' change.

Mm. I understand the design, but it doesn't quite solve my complaint. Namely - there doesn't *seem to be a reason* to craft staves over gloves. I'm not asking to blanket buff artificing across the board, I understand the reason for the changes and they're fair. I like that Mythril Armor will be a rare thing to see, and that Arcanium armor will be a relic even if it's not a unique.

I just want there to be balance between these two classes of weapons so I don't feel like I'm gutting myself for crafting a staff instead of the significantly cheaper to produce gloves that provide similar effects, and earlier at that.
Presently, I am a mage and use gloves instead of a staff.
And I have not a single point in unarmed.
(08-12-2022, 10:49 PM)chance Wrote:

Would it not be possible to have gear that's not of uncommon/rare/ultra quality become low quality with debuffed stats after a randomised amount of years to ensure that ore is flowing out and being made into fresh, new equipment?
I would make Gloves only be effective for Unarmed spells cuz Im a mage and I rlly only use Gloves as theyre PRETTY MUCH easier to make and just objectively better e.e
re: gloves

I would personally reduce their base pow, increase their tertiary stats (agi, mana, whatever) given the niche of unarmed is the AP boost granted by their stances. (Unless this was changed)

The gloves alone shouldn't be outclassing or matching staves in raw base power, given that defeats the entire point of unarmed's balance.

nvm i hadn't read the unarmed changes
[Image: corpoggo.png]
(08-12-2022, 11:31 PM)Folian Wrote: I would personally reduce their base pow, increase their tertiary stats (agi, mana, whatever) given the niche of unarmed is the AP boost granted by their stances. (Unless this was changed)

The gloves alone shouldn't be outclassing staves in raw base power, given that defeats the entire point of unarmed's balance.

unarmed has no stances anymore, or well none that mages can't also use so the gloves are pretty much just staff replacements.
[Image: unknown.png]
(08-12-2022, 11:34 PM)KING Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 11:31 PM)Folian Wrote: I would personally reduce their base pow, increase their tertiary stats (agi, mana, whatever) given the niche of unarmed is the AP boost granted by their stances. (Unless this was changed)

The gloves alone shouldn't be outclassing staves in raw base power, given that defeats the entire point of unarmed's balance.

unarmed has no stances anymore, or well none that mages can't also use so the gloves are pretty much just staff replacements.

thank u, I didn't read that change anywhere so I assumed things hadn't been converted at all.

Still, it does seem a little silly. Reducing their pow in favor of a bit of +phys (like how staffs seemed to be before that got adjusted, each of them having like ~5 phys or so), might be a good alternative if unarmed still benefits from the stat.
[Image: corpoggo.png]
The change in meranthe was that there are no more unarmed stances, but there are now tiers of gloves to compensate. But even if the other stats are buffed and the raw power is tuned down, they'll still be preferable over staves just because staves are so goddamn heavy.

I think staves should have their rpl requirement tuned down (why does a t3 staff require 180 when the t3 gloves only require 150?) and the weight reduced by 25 universally. Split the power of unarmed gloves into pow/phys so they aren't as valuable for pure spellcasters, buff the tertiary parts, then give staves some minor universal elemental power so mages will actually want to take them.
[Image: unknown.png]
Topic Options