Spell Balance Suggestions
So, I'm uncertain how many times Repose ticks for, but I'm going to compare it to Nature's very own Ingrain.

Ingrain heals 3000 hp at 200 power (2250 at 150 power)with a cooldown of 35, and no other upside. It just roots you and leaves you sitting in place for a second.

----
So, if it ticks 4-6 times, it's already an amazing heal, and in many ways, exceeds Nature's 'Best' heal. If it does more, than it is flat-out the best heal in the game. (except for maybe crystal heart, that shit is nuts.)
10 random spaced clicks which is very random. It is not per second. So you cannot time the ten ticks. But IF you manage to play in and out like I do ten ticks of 500. So 5000. If you wish cut it down to it is close to Nature's or something.

I mean it should be lower if it is what the problem is. Perhaps 50% less so it's 2500?
I'm not sure how the number is actually calculated, so I'm not going to incorrectly through number outs - but it 100% ticks for 500 per second. Regardless, the healing needs to be scaled down for a public intermediate.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: Fn81wCh.png]
(04-04-2020, 01:51 AM)Avee Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 01:48 AM)BrahmsFrost Wrote: It heals around 500 per tick but its cooldown is 40. Yes it seems insane but it's not as powerful healibg wise as you believe. However, as always, that is my opinion and I can live with nefs/buffs. But I can assure you it isn't as powerful as it looks. Specially against people who can pit down Star Rain + Holy Ground ;P

It's 500+ health a second.

It ticks faster than standard AoEs, -and- lowers enemy AP when they are in it.

I don't even know balance and I know that's scuffed.

Ingrain heals for 2ish K Roots you, and has a cooldown of 35.

(04-04-2020, 02:26 AM)Milly Wrote: I'm not sure how the number is actually calculated, so I'm not going to incorrectly through number outs - but it 100% ticks for 500 per second. Regardless, the healing needs to be scaled down for a public intermediate.

Just saying that the randomness off it allows you to be countered. That being said I am not worried if it's required to be adjusted. But before one goes and nerfs something to the ground take in mind:

It always heals two ticks as soon as the spell casts.

After that I gather is close to ten ticks as long as you manage to stay within but sometimes it randomizes becoming slower or giving you less ticks.

It is a public intermediate, I can understand that. And if it requires adjustments let them be done. I played water/ice through buff, nerf then buff again.

So I say maybe drop it to 300 when the tick sctivates seeing as it's a bit random-ish.
I'm not..... 

Suggesting this just because I lost - you know this, right? I don't care if you countered me, or whatever. But an AoE public intermediate shouldn't heal better than an exalted hidden. I'm not suggesting numbers, I just want to make sure Chance sees this, so he understands it's overtuned right now.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: Fn81wCh.png]
(04-04-2020, 03:04 AM)Milly Wrote: I'm not..... 

Suggesting this just because I lost - you know this, right? I don't care if you countered me, or whatever. But an AoE public intermediate shouldn't heal better than an exalted hidden. I'm not suggesting numbers, I just want to make sure Chance sees this, so he understands it's overtuned right now.

Oh no! I totally understand!

Just saying that late game it becomes risky to use because the ticks are not consistent. So you have to kite in and out. But I did say if it needs scaling maybe 300 per tick? That would make it heal cap 3000. I know it's udually an average of nine clicks whenever it randomizes. Sometimes the ticks come in faster other times they come slow. I have no idea how it does it as I only notice. That's why for late game is a bit risker as you only get the furst two ticks instant but the rest are not per second (I wish Big Grin) Sometimes the ticks come in fast and otherwise they come real slow. Average is nine (Always between 10 ticks at its highest and 8 at its slowest. I posted it on General but I can seem to record with Gyazo the whole damn thing!

Big Grin (I do think you assumed since I never said don't work on it. I'n just saying be careful because early game? Great spell. Late game? Not so much as you can be outdamaged. Which is why I usually save my E for that moment.
High scaling based on a stat :check:
Total number of ticks can be reached and unchanged :check:
Full on large aoe that heals you as time passes :check:

It's a good spell imo, dunno if it needs to heal so much while it can do so much more damage.

Just pointing out the facts and don't know how I would say or have an opinion of a change to it.

edit: checked out a gif to see it. doesn't damage, doesn't necessarily change the opponents damage either
Damage? No it only hits once, applies -10 ap and heals up to 8~10 clicks. The number is what might be overtuned so maybe check that!
Unlike other ground AoEs, if I understand correctly? It only damages on the first tick. After that, even with the -10% ap, you can still go in and burst the relapse user, since it won't do anything else until the final tick (which then slows and randomizes you for a couple seconds)
(04-04-2020, 01:19 PM)Detective100 Wrote: Unlike other ground AoEs, if I understand correctly? It only damages on the first tick. After that, even with the -10% ap, you can still go in and burst the relapse user, since it won't do anything else until the final tick (which then slows and randomizes you for a couple seconds)

Mhm. Just one damage tick and two immediate healing ticks. While in it the target suffers -10% ap (or it stick not sure which) then you get a randomized set of ticks. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. But not super reliable which is why you can Wild Nature in and out or kite within it. But if it beed tuning, I'm sure Chance will!
Topic Options